Imperial Jeans

nairb49

i tried on a pair of the new Dukes today - new patches, smaller backpockets - and i swear something else has changed with the cut. is it just me or has it gotten narrower?

kiya/sam/people who've gotten hold of the new imperials, do sound out.

the new run is still good stuff though. especially with the smaller pockets...

edit: i just read the other thread and i realise that singapore is probably the earliest out of all the overseas stockists to receive their stock, so not likely that i'll get much of an answer until a little later.

soo i got the kings. after debating with my self for a couple of days, i'm not sure anymore on the fit. the thighs are alot more comfortable, but from the knee down i feel like its not what im looking for(i liked how the dukes stacked alot). i was thinking of getting them tapered, but i know how risky it can be. and i tried on the largest size in dukes available at the store(32's). i think 33's would due but w/e. here they are, kings 32:

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

I had that same dihlemma when I got my dukes. I tried on both the Dukes and the Kings, and the Dukes just stacked better on the bottom, even though the Kings were more comfortable. That one extra inch in the leg makes a huge difference in how it feels compared from one cut to another.

Yeah, the new ones are identical to the old ones in terms of cut.

the only difference being that the patch is slightly different and small sizes have slightly smaller pockets.

Bought these black dukes several months ago and really like them so far. I'm a 32 in everything but I was told to buy these so they'd be hard to button up when bought because they will loosen up, so bought them as 31. As you can see haven't got much wear out of them yet, it's just been too hot to wear them all the time. The high back doesn't worry me, I don't wear shirts in, and it lets me wear the dukes more slouched normally (pics are just to show what the jeans look like). The highish front is good too, it crunches down to look lower and you get the folds around the front waste. I'm hoping they will still loosen up a bit more and wanted to have some stacking at the bottom but when I unfold them, they stack all the way up to the knee not just at the ankle, and I don't like that look. Oh and I'm around 6'2" / 150 pounds or 186cm / 70 kg

These things need a wider belt but I haven't found anything I like yet.

dukesbackqh3.jpgdukesfrontag3.jpgdukeslefttt8.jpg

I need your opinions..

Which one of you Imperial fans thinks this new design from a NEW company is too similar to Imperial's?

http://www.slamxhype.com/?p=2280#more-2280

are those dukes repros? haha

they definetly used some ideas from imperial.

i still feel imperial's stitching and details are superior to that brand.

damn those black dukes look good.

i already own a pair of indigo dukes and have been searching high and low for a pair of nice blacks.

kinda wished i bought the black one instead.

black jeans are harder to come by as compared to indigo ones.

oh well!

Raggedy sure didn't rip off Imperial. I've seen pics of their prototypes months ago and it never struck me that they looked like Imperial.

The design comes from some type of wave that there's a Japanese term for, don't really know what it's called or where it comes from so I can't elaborate. Anyway, that's proof enough that it isn't a rip off.

Looking at them side by side there are obvious similarities as well as obvious dissimilarities. The similarity is pretty much the shape of the 'wave'.

They are dissimilar in that the design of the actual pocket is completely different, indigo top-stitching, rivets instead of reinforced stitching, shape is different, they're half-lined and obviously there's an extra 'wave'.

So, there is ONE similarity and a whole lot of things that aren't the same between the two brands. Saying it's a rip off would just be ignorant.

Raggedy sure didn't rip off Imperial. I've seen pics of their prototypes months ago and it never struck me that they looked like Imperial.

The design comes from some type of wave that there's a Japanese term for, don't really know what it's called or where it comes from so I can't elaborate. Anyway, that's proof enough that it isn't a rip off.

Looking at them side by side there are obvious similarities as well as obvious dissimilarities. The similarity is pretty much the shape of the 'wave'.

They are dissimilar in that the design of the actual pocket is completely different, indigo top-stitching, rivets instead of reinforced stitching, shape is different, they're half-lined and obviously there's an extra 'wave'.

So, there is ONE similarity and a whole lot of things that aren't the same between the two brands. Saying it's a rip off would just be ignorant.

i don't think i've ever agreed w/ HJJ before... but he's right.

details on these raggedy's are sort of a mish-mash of repro (donut buttons, hidden rivets, crotch rivet, z stitch at waistband, lined pockets) and modern (indigo/multicolor topstich, interesting belt loops, back pocket design); imperials are really modern throughout (dead straight cut, bartacking and reinforced stitching, alloy rivets, larger pockets, etc.) with none of those repro styling details.

personally, i think the pocket design on the raggedy's is a deal breaker, though. i wouldn't wear 'em.

• 2 weeks later...

First post...

I love the look of the Imperial Dukes - seriously one of the nicest looking jeans I've ever seen. I'm going to be coming down to San Francisco in July so I'm definately going to stop by and pick up a pair of the Dukes from the Self Edge shop.... as long as I can control myself until then...

If I can't (entirely possible), and have to order them online, do you still suggest you size up 2 sizes from normal? Napoleon said he actually sized down on his Dukes...