Imperial Jeans

nairb49

you had told me in february, is it earlier now?

Yeah- I rushed the raw blacks.

Dukes sz.30 - 32, and Kings sz.32 - 36.

Should be here within two weeks.

I'll post when they arrive.

If anyone wants to pre-order, just PM me and I'll take care of it.

lookin thru this thread has made me wanna get a pair of these myself(mainly Dukes), but can't at the moment because of some issues that have to be worked out at my job, so alot of stuff is in the air. but anyway, i wanna know for future reference. im 6'2'' and ~180 lbs, my true waist is a 33 and wear my jeans not high, but not to low either. i have a pair of A.P.C. Rescues which fit like crap now. they're a 32, and 3 months(i know...not even a bit of contrast, sucks)

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

on the flip side i have RRDS 32x36 which are good. i tried on the 31 but were too tight for my taste. havent completely broken these in however

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

pics are just to give an idea of how i wear my jeans n what im lookin for. im unsure cuz i read they were too tight for some

an ideal fit would be somewhere along the lines of Brinbro's pair:

imperialsuv5.jpg

THANX! :)

Franklin - I think 34 Dukes would fit just like your 32 RRDs. My 34s measured 16.25 across the waist after an initial hot soak and they haven't stretched much in the two months since then. They're really starting to get some good-looking wear, and I'm stoked to post them in the evolution thread in a couple months.

I am going to be selling a pair of raw indigo Dukes in size 30 for $160US (extra $15US for outside of the United States) and just letting you know. They've had about four days into them. Just letting ya'll know before I put them on the supermarket. If you want them, PM me and I can get pictures or whatever.

I sold these if you were wondering. They're gone!

I am going to be selling a pair of raw indigo Dukes in size 30 for $160US (extra $15US for outside of the United States) and just letting you know. They've had about four days into them. Just letting ya'll know before I put them on the supermarket. If you want them, PM me and I can get pictures or whatever.

why are you selling em?great price but im interested in getting black dukes

ugh...i got 1 guy that said his 34 dukes came out to be 32.25 after soak and another guy who got 32 dukes and it came out to be 17 in. across the waist after a few weeks :mad:

imperials are the next apc's wen it comes to sizing:rolleyes:

I ended up in this denim contest thing, and I just can't give them the love they deserve. Credit card bills are more important than a wide variety of raw denim sitting around.

Yeah, my 30 Dukes measure right at 16 inches across.

why are you selling em?great price but im interested in getting black dukes

ugh...i got 1 guy that said his 34 dukes came out to be 32.25 after soak and another guy who got 32 dukes and it came out to be 17 in. across the waist after a few weeks :mad:

imperials are the next apc's wen it comes to sizing:rolleyes:

ok now im confused myself

should i size up and do a hot soak? or size down n stretch them?

i think sizing up would be good cuz if they're too tight, they will stretch...rite? but then again im tall so i need a 34 inseem to be comfy. sooo idk :confused:

ok now im confused myself

should i size up and do a hot soak? or size down n stretch them?

i think sizing up would be good cuz if they're too tight, they will stretch...rite? but then again im tall so i need a 34 inseem to be comfy. sooo idk :confused:

inseam should definately not be a problem, if you buy from context, all of the sizes comes with a 37 in. inseam

The 37" inseam is kind of deceiving though.

I've soaked my Kings twice, and they've come up to 35". I do only a slight cuff, and they sit at about a 34" even.

As for the waist, these jeans are actually really simple. I sized down a lot (had to, because I bought the last sample pair that Nomad had left last summer) and they've really stretched in the waist. Hence, when on, they look a little more like a pair of Dukes.

I agree with DWG though. Absolutely no need to size up. Go with whatever size you "normally" wear.

As for the waist, these jeans are actually really simple. I sized down a lot (had to, because I bought the last sample pair that Nomad had left last summer) and they've really stretched in the waist. Hence, when on, they look a little more like a pair of Dukes.

I agree with DWG though. Absolutely no need to size up. Go with whatever size you "normally" wear.

how much did you size down? and how much did it stretch on the waist?

I'm normally a size 34 and size 32 in APC NS fits ideally on me, but i read Dukes are tighter on the thighs than NS, and that might be too narrow for me. So i was thinking about Kings, but i dont want a loose fit either. would sizing down 1-2 sizes on the Kings work in my situation? or should I go with a 34 Duke and hope they stretch as much as APC's did (do they?)

suggestions/help are very very much appreciated...

how much did you size down? and how much did it stretch on the waist?

I'm normally a size 34 and size 32 in APC NS fits ideally on me, but i read Dukes are tighter on the thighs than NS, and that might be too narrow for me. So i was thinking about Kings, but i dont want a loose fit either. would sizing down 1-2 sizes on the Kings work in my situation? or should I go with a 34 Duke and hope they stretch as much as APC's did (do they?)

suggestions/help are very very much appreciated...

Alright, so I'm 'normally' about a 32. I sized down because I had no choice. I would have bought 32 otherwise. I ended up buying a 30, but unfortunately did not do any pre-wear measurements.

Kings and Dukes aren't all that different from each other. Both are straight legged, but Dukes measure 8" across the legs and Kings 9" (someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am). If you don't want them to sit too close to your thighs, go with the Kings. Don't worry about the waist stretching too far though. The tighter they are, the more they will stretch, and the less-tight they are, the less they will stretch.

Unfortunately again, I do not have experience with APC, so I can't compare the two.

My advice is to go with your 'natural' size, as unlike APC, Imperial is not vanity sized. Based on what you're looking for from these jeans (not too narrow, not too loose), I say you go with the Kings. There is no need to size down on them, as they really aren't all that baggy.

Hope that helps.

hmm interesting(bout sizing up i mean). i thought these were pre-shrunk or sanforized.

Aren't they? I haven't worn mine yet but they sure don't look like they need soaking <.< and on the webpage they say "buy the smallest size you can possibly fit into"

well i remember reading couple pages back from one guy who soaked them and the tub was yellow ish or orange like color. some one replied that it must have been the sizing. so im assuming they are sanforized(or any other simliar process)