Imperial Jeans

nairb49

giantsdrink: ok, so you say that you regret sizing down 2

so how did the 30s go?

give us info!!!!! thx

Well, I should clarify that I don't regret having to buy the 30's instead of 32's. I would have liked them baggier, but I can't complain, because I'm really enjoying how they've turned out.

The 30's have gone great, and I'm going to give them a wash next week, and will post pics then. When you see them on, you might very well confuse them with Dukes.

Could someone give me a quick overview of when to hot soak and when not to? I am trying to go through all 46 pages to find what size I should go with or what model and wash I should go with as well.

The most important thing to know is not when to hot soak or not, but to know what kind of model (or fit) you're looking for. Both Imperials are straight legs, but Dukes are narrower than Kings.

Buy as per the size you normally would. If you want them to fit very narrow, buy Dukes and size down one size. If you want them to fit a little baggier, buy Kings at your 'normal' size.

Don't worry too much about soaking your jeans. Just do it a month or two into wearing them to soften and relax the denim, and to reset the fit. That prevents them from stretching too far from normal.

Just go to contextclothing.com or selfedge.com and look at the models in their online stores. Pick the model that interests you the most, find your size, buy them and wear them. Imperials are super easy to buy and wear.

The more I read, the more confused I get, so I'm just going to throw this out there. I've got a pair of 28x34 straight svens(like 5 months old) that are a little to tight in the waist, but I still love the fit.

I figuire a 29 waist in nudie would be perfect after stretching. I've also got a pair of sz27 NS which are a pretty good fit, very comfy in the waist.

So knowing all of this, I am leaning towards a sz 29 in dukes, but I don't want to have them too tight after stretching. Any help would be appreciated.

The more I read, the more confused I get, so I'm just going to throw this out there. I've got a pair of 28x34 straight svens(like 5 months old) that are a little to tight in the waist, but I still love the fit.

I figuire a 29 waist in nudie would be perfect after stretching. I've also got a pair of sz27 NS which are a pretty good fit, very comfy in the waist.

So knowing all of this, I am leaning towards a sz 29 in dukes, but I don't want to have them too tight after stretching. Any help would be appreciated.

I wear 28 in nudie, 26 apc, and I went with 29 dukes. They were a little tight at the store but now they are pretty snug at the hips and maaybe a touch loose at the waist. It's weird because they feel tighter in the hips than at the waist maybe because of the rise. I guess I would suggest 30 dukes but the little bit of slack I have at the waist makes me wonder if you could work a 29. But like I said mine are pretty snug at the hips though.

i'm exactly the same as you are - 29 in nudies and 27 in apc, and i think the 29 duke is probably right. the 30 will work, but only just. (i assume you are talking about raw indigo, the raw black is smaller)

a few post back

sidneylo said that he had a discussion with kiya awile back and it has something to do with it being overdyed

or something like that

since its dyed differently, it somehow affects the denim

Actually no...

That conversation i had with Sidney wasn't about Imperials.. we were talking about Iron Heart Selvedge Overdye Blacks..

The Imperials are made of black denim, they're not overdyes..

:)

Is there any way to remove the imperial backpocket stitching or is it embroidered?

I want a pair of dukes but the stitching isn't my thing... at least not on the indigo pairs.

EDIT- whoops I just did a search. Apparently it's difficult but may not be impossible.

Has anyone tried?

OK-

Sorry I've been away for a bit, but let me try and help with these Imperial fit questions.

The Duke, like the Nudie Slim Jim, is cut slightly bigger at the waist to allow for wearing low on the hips. So a tagged 30 measures closer to 31 at the waist but quite narrow at the hip so you can wear them low and slim (check Riawin's Slim Jim fit). If you don't want a slim jean don't get the Duke. Get the King which is more of a standard fit. Both have a longer rise than most jeans outside of the Japanese brands, and both are a straight leg. Imperial's denim is Sanforized, so soaking them won't do much except shrink the length a bit.

Buy them and wear the them hard, don't worry about washing till your dog thinks you stink.

I'm sorry people but just cannot understand the hype about the imperials. I am from melbourne and have seen the imperials in the shops here. They sold for about $270aud. Considering the quality of the denim they are far too expensive. The quality of the denim is average no where near the sugar cane 1947 and obviously cannot compare with warehouse and samurai. The make and cutting is not that great. They are more expensive than the samurai 17oz jin and skull jeanss I bought from japan recently. For those into denim and japanese jeans, I have problem understanding why imperial should even be on the list. Please someone convince me they are worth half their asking price.

They're kinda like the RRDS.

I'm not too much of a fan of super slubbyness...i like nice smooth shiny denim (not overly shiny though) like the RRDS

And the availability, RRDS are AU350 here coz its imported, but hey at least you can try them out and not get some e-measurements. Imperials are the same and they're a lot cheaper.

I dunno, different people, different tastes

Actually no...

That conversation i had with Sidney wasn't about Imperials.. we were talking about Iron Heart Selvedge Overdye Blacks..

The Imperials are made of black denim, they're not overdyes..

:)

hah my mistake,

well do you have any idea why ayn claims it to be tighter?

I'm sorry people but just cannot understand the hype about the imperials. I am from melbourne and have seen the imperials in the shops here. They sold for about $270aud. Considering the quality of the denim they are far too expensive. The quality of the denim is average no where near the sugar cane 1947 and obviously cannot compare with warehouse and samurai. The make and cutting is not that great. They are more expensive than the samurai 17oz jin and skull jeanss I bought from japan recently. For those into denim and japanese jeans, I have problem understanding why imperial should even be on the list. Please someone convince me they are worth half their asking price.

the length...for some ppl its the inseam

canes are too short for some ppl

i like the fit, looks great on everyone

Right, quickly.

Dukes or Kings, which is closer to the fit of 31" SSDS and SC1947's?

Kings. but still not very close..

m waiting to get some black raw dukes from Nomad. I read in the evolution thread the back pockets are getting smaller. i agree that the original backpockets WERE HUGE, and this is a welcome change if its true.

anyone have pics of these supposed changes to the back pocket and patch in comparision with older models?

you could get lucky on the supermarket...?

that's just about the best place for steals.

I totally agree, watch supermarket, lately i've seen some really hot stuff go for low dollar amounts..