Imperial Jeans

nairb49

^^ see the response right above you: they're sanforized.

a cold soak won't do anything except remove some starch and sizing, and they'll definitely stretch. the imperial website is still getting revamped, but on their old site they basically said, "buy the smallest size you can fit into."

good luck with 'em -- they're a great pair of jeans!

We're getting these in at Self Edge on Wednesday or so..

Be prepared for the Imperial Denim onslaught.

^^ see the response right above you: they're sanforized.

a cold soak won't do anything except remove some starch and sizing, and they'll definitely stretch. the imperial website is still getting revamped, but on their old site they basically said, "buy the smallest size you can fit into."

good luck with 'em -- they're a great pair of jeans!

thanx looks like i'll be goin with the 33.....

will get them soon...

can't wait...

:cool:

RE: 'Buy the smallest size you can fit into'

if you buy these without trying them on, be aware that they do come up small. i recently got my pair of 34 (my normal true size) Dukes and they were a tight squeeze compared to others. they've stretched out nicely now, so i wouldn't worry about sizing down. beautiful jeans.

Yea, something about the Duke's waistband that makes it seem tighter than most denim. I also got a 33 which is my true to size and it fit perfectly! These jeans are a little higher waisted than say, a New Standard but after pulling on them and bringing them to my hips, they are now a perfect anti-fit, fit.

P.S. I also highly recommend going through Sam at Context. He helped me with all the sizing questions and delivery was fast!

Just bought a pair of size 30 Dukes (if anyone in Melbourne wants a pair check out All of the Above, they just got more stock of the smaller sizes).

Does anyone know what weight denim the dukes are made of?

Also, should I leave an extra inch in length when getting them hemmed up, similar to what people do with Nudie jeans, in case of shrinking?

Just picked up a pair of Kings from Context today. The length is insane and the fit is comparable to RRDS. I like them so much I gave Sam and Ryan my fancy 10 month old RRDS to hold on to for a bit. Now I have no Nudie crutch. :D

The thing that really impresses me is that the inside of jean is amazingly soft. I don't know if there are many King pics in here, so if anyone wants to see what they look like, let me know. Otherwise, I'll keep the picture spam to a minimum. :P

I love my dukes. Your right about the inside being pretty soft, plus the outside denim has a good feel to it. I have also got a lot of compliments on the pockets, which I was a little weary of when first looking at them. :)

The pockets scared me a bit when I saw them next to a pair or Nudies...I hadn't noticed how big they were. I do like them though, since they hang down quite a bit and it gives it a distinctive look.

My only gripe, which isn't really a gripe, is that the honeycombing is going to be a lot less intense than my Crates and Nudies, because these are loose behind the knee. Whatevs, they're hot and I'm in denim love.

yea, i couldnt stand the Dukes cos they seem to have streched out too much

it fits like a pair of Nudie SS, plus i am working on my APC NC atm too

i'll still keep them if no one is interested, keep wearing them for a few more months and see if anyone is interested then

yea, the skulls or PBJs are very tempting

apu you sold out! It was only a month or two ago you told me that I should get some dukes!!! =P

Go get some skulls man! I know you want to ;)

• 2 weeks later...
if its made in australia hows it japanese?

not being facetious, actually asking, just a little unsure as to just what constitutes "japanese" denim i suppose

The denim is woven in Japan.

The jeans are fabricated in Australia.