Imperial Jeans

nairb49

I've been reading through this thread, and I just had a couple of questions that I can't seem to find answers to so far: I really like the color on Haptronic's imperial dukes; are they just normal raw denim? They're still available also, I would assume?

Secondly, it sounds like Nomad is the way to go to get these in the states (only place I've seen so far, at least). Will they be carrying said raw dukes, and does anyone know of anywhere, say, in LA that might be getting them (to try them on)?

Thanks a ton.

hap is wearing black imperial dukes, i believe they are one wash.

i'll let hap respond, too, but no -- hap is not wearing black dukes. i think he might have a pair of the washed black dukes, but in most of the waywt posts they're the standard raw indigos.

up until this season, imperial only made raw indigo, washed indigo and washed black. they're just introducing a raw black for this season. the washed models were pretty tastefully distressed w/ more of a general fade than any defined whiskering or honeycombing. they've not done a one-wash jean.

EDIT: servo - i think if you search this thread, you'll find people speculating about the reason the raw indigos look so dark -- maybe a sulpher topping or a light resin finish... but they're most certainly indigo, just like serge's above.

i'll let hap respond, too, but no -- hap is not wearing black dukes. i think he might have a pair of the washed black dukes, but in most of the waywt posts they're the standard raw indigos.

up until this season, imperial only made raw indigo, washed indigo and washed black. they're just introducing a raw black for this season. the washed models were pretty tastefully distressed w/ more of a general fade than any defined whiskering or honeycombing. they've not done a one-wash jean.

EDIT: servo - i think if you search this thread, you'll find people speculating about the reason the raw indigos look so dark -- maybe a sulpher topping or a light resin finish... but they're most certainly indigo, just like serge's above.

Yeah, I got a few pages farther back into the thread and founds Hap's responses; they just look so dark in some of his early WDYWT threads that I thought that they might've been the black washed, but those have white stitching, so they obviously aren't. I can wear a 28 in NS, so I'm assuming I should be looking for a 30 in the raw dukes.

Looks like I'm set until people starting getting new shipments.

imperial dukes 6 months 2 washes...

hippyobservation.jpg

pacific ocean...

Servo2000 i have both the black washed and raw indigo...so some of the early WYWT might have been the black washed....

there was a store website from Perth that said the denim was 17 dip...no mention of sulphur top or bottom..definately not resin...my the flat head which are 21 dip are almost black in some light so do the math...

MOAR pics of Imperial Dukes being worn. Alont with measurements of one's self and the measurements of their jeans.

maybe say please.

i found this from a trip to LA this spring, but no, i'm not going to go measure...

imperial.jpg

edit: they're 32s, btw. minya's selling some in supermarket.

Gah. I feel like I'm spamming this thread with questions, but I'm buying second-hand imperials so I'm making sure I'm doing this right. If I wear a 29 in APC New Standards, and could wear 28s, will a size 31 fit like Haptronics, that is to say, fairly tight?

My waist size is 31 on most things, it seems, but these appear to size down quite a bit.

Also, can anyone give the "standard" price for Imperial Dukes, american dollars?

Gah. I feel like I'm spamming this thread with questions, but I'm buying second-hand imperials so I'm making sure I'm doing this right. If I wear a 29 in APC New Standards, and could wear 28s, will a size 31 fit like Haptronics, that is to say, fairly tight?

My waist size is 31 on most things, it seems, but these appear to size down quite a bit.

Also, can anyone give the "standard" price for Imperial Dukes, american dollars?

where are you buying second hand imperials?

where are you buying second hand imperials?

supermarket, mayng. i'm surprised you didn't jump on minya's 32s he just sold..(?)

servo - you should be fine w/ a 31. i wear a 30 in NS and my dukes are 32s... pricing in USD direct from imperial used to be 150 (screaming deal), but they don't sell direct to north america any longer and i'm not sure if there's a US stockist lined up yet; i.e. there's no standard USD price...