Imperial Jeans

nairb49

I sized down on my Kings, and they have a nice snug fit in the thigh but the leg opening is quite loose. My 33 Kings have a 9.5 leg opening and 34 Dukes have an 8.5 leg opening. The Kings fit similarily to my Flathead 3003, but with a lower back rise. If you're looking for a tapered leg. you won't find it with the King.

just got a pair of black raw dukes in sz 32. i tried 29 and i couldnt even get em past my thighs. 32 is just snug in the waist (just have to struggle a tad to button the top button), but i hope it doesnt stretch too much. (would have tried 31 but they were sold out)

here are some pics of the fit, sorry for the shitty pic quality, how do u think they fit?

imperialfit3.jpg

imperialfit2.jpg

imperialfit.jpg

Also wondering if i should let em stack as is , or get em hemmed. I'm about 5'7, and the inseam is 36

you need a pic with better lighting...

I sized up in Dukes (i'll fit in 28, but went 29). The leg areas were just perfect, though the knee bulge was horrendous at the start. Waist has now stretched quite a bit even after minimal wear. I suggest you wear 'em with a belt. They should shrink back to tagged size after u soak/wash 'em though.

I was told that dukes will shrink by 0.5 inches in length, so u might wanna keep that in mind if u decide to hem.

any updates on people that have had imperials for a while? some wear pics please!!

Happy to. These are Dukes worn about 10 months w/ one hot wash - sized up two (from 32 in Nudies to 34W in these) and in retrospect, should have only gone up one size.

worn_dukes_001.jpg

worn_dukes_003.jpg

worn_dukes_005.jpg

Hi, first post here...it was about time I stopped lurking.

The indigo Kings were purchased about this time last year...wore them constantly until the honeycombs started to show the very first signs of fraying (after about 4.5 - 5 months). I set them aside and got some in black, thinking it'd be interesting to wear them the same amount and compare. The black ones do seem a little more stubborn, but I was caught in the rain more frequently in the indigos and I think the creases set in a little more sharply as a result.

Anyway:

kings_front.jpg

Apologies for the wide-angle lens; seemed the best way to fit both pairs in the frame. You all know what jeans look like, anyway. If anyone's interested I'll do some detail pics when I get the chance.

kings_back.jpg

OK.

I chose the Kings over Dukes because I don't really like the skinnier cuts; too much like Rumpelstiltskin or (worse) an overstuffed sausage.

superb you have both indigo and black!

i only dreamed of owning both.

your black kings actually look like a greyscale picture of your indigo pair.

by the way, nice fades on both pairs.

i am at four months and i'm struggling to get the honeycombs out.

Hi, first post here...it was about time I stopped lurking.

The indigo Kings were purchased about this time last year....

Bloody nice first post! Both pairs look wiked. Don't make my debate about indigo vs. blacks any easier however...