Imperial Jeans

nairb49

If you're normally a size 31 I dont reccomend sizing down 2. It was impossible for me to button up a sz31 and I normally wear sz 32. I dont think I'll ever fit in 30 but I'm going to get a 31 black duke sometime next week and ill just wear it around until it stretches to 32. My blue dukes have stretched about 1 inch in the waist and it took nearly 2 months for that:)

Theres only one thing i dont like about Imperials and thats the weird bum fit:o

I know what you mean. Its caused by the two layers (pocket and seat) of rigid denim on the back- it goes away as the denim gets worn and softens up.

Brentos and Rirakuma are both right- it depends on your frame.

Almost no one can size down 2 in the Duke. You'd have to have extrememly narrow hips or absolutely no ass to do that. The Duke is most narrow at the spot where the front pocket meets the outseam, so even if you are skinny but with a wide pelvis you'll have to get one size up from your regular dry denim size. My hips are very narrow and I got my normal dry denim size (28)- they are defiitely the smallest size 28 at the hip that I have ever put on. Add to that how heavy and rigid the fabric is and you get a jean that most guys cant wear in their usual dry size.

I'm looking to sell a pair of size 30 raw indigo dukes (they are simply too tight and unbuttonable past the 1st button for me) for $235 (not including S+H). They are brand new and never worn (save to try on). I'll be posting pics as soon as I get hold of a digital camera. If you're interested just throw me a PM and I'll get some pics up asap.

Tony what size are you normally? If you're a size 30, you should wear them around for a while till they stretch. Im normally size 32 and Im going to buy a 31 because I'm pretty sure the whiskering and honeycombs will look a lot better (especially the whiskers). I know I wont be able to button them up for at least a week or two but my 32 dukes have stretched up to around 33 now but they dont feel loose.

There seems to be mixed feelings with this, some people are sizing down to allow for stretch and some peolpe are sizing up. Im a size 32 normally i will again ask the same old question (sorry a bout that, only just to be sure:o) but should i size down for the dukes? Im going to pick up a pair in July and i want these to look good after i wear them in. I assume the waist will stretch an inch and a bit and i dont mind wearing them really tight until they do. I dont want the jeans to be too tight around the crutch:eek: as this is pretty uncomfortable as well. Do you think sizing down will be the smartes idea? Also what size inseam should i get? Im 6'2 and about 79Kg. Im not exactly small around the waist, maybe a bit too much junk food during study sessions if that helps.

thanks in advance;)

Jes

i think you should get your TRUE waist size in dukes

they fit pretty snug on the thighs/waist but dont taper at all. they also dont stretch as much as other jeans, so dont risk sizing down too much if u cant try em before u buy em

i think you should get your TRUE waist size in dukes

they fit pretty snug on the thighs/waist but dont taper at all. they also dont stretch as much as other jeans, so dont risk sizing down too much if u cant try em before u buy em

Exactly what he said. I've worn my Dukes for almost 3 weeks now and have no stretch.

Tony what size are you normally? If you're a size 30, you should wear them around for a while till they stretch. Im normally size 32 and Im going to buy a 31 because I'm pretty sure the whiskering and honeycombs will look a lot better (especially the whiskers). I know I wont be able to button them up for at least a week or two but my 32 dukes have stretched up to around 33 now but they dont feel loose.

I fluctuate between 30 and 31 depending on the jean. I usually wear my jeans pretty low, on my hips, so I need a decent amount of stretching (most of the time) until they can be pushed down and fit well. That or I wear them on my hips, with the top button undone, until they stretch out. However, I can't even get the 2nd to last button done, let alone the top button and they are just crushing.

I figured I'd size down from my normal 31, to get somewhat of a snugger/skinnier fit, but I definitely need at least a 31 or even a 32 possibly, to get them to fit the way I like them. Take homi's advice, sizing down on these things probably isn't a great idea, espeically if you are an inbetweener such as myself.

Also, I'm bumping the price down to $220 and I should have pictures up by tonight or tomorrow in the buying and selling forums

FS: Imperial King Raw Blue s32.. brand new

asking $160 for them

priv msg if interested

Hi jes (jcotteri)... I'm assuming you'll be buying your Dukes from Another Inch in Darlinghurst (only place to go in Sydney). Go there and try some on. I can't imagine anyone successfully sizing down in Imperials, but maybe I've put on more weight over the months than I think...old age...that's what it is..heh. I'm your height, and take a 32 in every other jeans I have (Nudies, Edwin, Evisu), but I had to go to 34 for the Imperials. I couldn't even get a 33 over my thighs...and that was after I'd worn 34s for about six months and thought I'd go try some in a 33 because they'd just come out in that size. I ended up getting the same Kings in black. I imagine the story would be the same for Dukes, but you never know.. Get along to the store and Richie will sort you out; he's very helpful and will study whatever fade you currently have going on with great interest.

I'm usually a size 30, but i sized down on my indigo imperial kings to 29, as there were no more 30 kings. but it did manage to stretch It took about a week for the waist to stretch.

Maybe its a different story for the dukes.

I've tried the Dukes and found their fit odd. I'm usually a 29, tried on a pair of 29s and I couldn't get into them at all. So I tried on a 30 and everything fitted except the waist was now too big. Very odd variance between the 29 and 30. So I ended up with a pair of APC NS sized down to 27 (I managed to get them on in the store but couldn't button up, as opposed to my experience with the 29 Dukes).

^^^^^Hi Mondo,

Yes i plan to pick them up at another inch [:]" in Darlinghurst. Thankyou very much for your words of wisdom :) Yeh i wear a 32 in Evis as well, seems like we would probs have a similiar size body. I have already been in contact with Richie as i asked him for an online brochure or catalogue which he didnt have. Oh well....

Yeh ill go down to the store in July and pick up my first pair. Im very excited, i think i will go for the Dukes but you never know in real life the kings might win me over. Again thanks very much.

Just out of curiosity i knew of a bit of a local hang out in Sydney called the Mondo i dont suppose that you get your name from that?

Jes

P.S. +rep

Nah, I have always been "mondo" online... my nieces used to call me that when they were very young, and the name stuck and was picked up by everyone else. I think my girlfriend (who is Italian) probably thought I was totally up myself when we first met, as it means "world"...so the word pops up everywhere. Ah, well, I'm used to it now.

some measurements would be nice

looking for waist and hem specifically

cheers

picture179wl4.jpg

Just got my 28 Dukes in, they fit like a dream. Still very stiff when the picture was taken, so thats why it looks a little weird.

Fit looks awsome! How tall are you and does the ass buldge at all?

I'm about 5'9, and the the ass does have a weird thing thats been described in the thread but its starting to go away as it breaks in, it's not really a buldge, its just like a fold at the bottom of the pockets, which especially happens if you have a wallet in them. But like I said it's going away, and it's not a big deal anyway. As for measurements I'll have to do those when I get home, but I wear a 27 in APC and these fit amazing.