Imperial Jeans

nairb49

I finally got a pair of 34" Dukes. I think they look good and will look better when they stretch a bit. The 33" were impossible to button up, and really didn't want to put up with having ball crunching jeans for a few weeks, plus they were too tight around the thighs. Not sure if I should cuff them or hem them

SA500113a.jpg

SA500119a.jpg

SA500120a.jpg

Cheers.

Do whatever you have to do to get them looking their best right now...why walk around with legs like concertinas telling yourself they'll be really sweet once you wash them in six months time..? heh. Those look good, blakey...without seeing the hems I'd imagine you could just turn them up a tiny bit and then stack them like everybody seems to be saying. I assume you got those from Another:Inch; you could go back and say how much length and/or stacking you'd like to see and Ritchie will make them the correct length. Is that a King Is Dead t-shirt?

oh true that, thank god for a noob that lurks properly.

i think these are sanforised so they don't shrink much

if they're not and you can't get them chainstitch hemmed after the one wash, then keep about 2-3 inches of excess inseam before you soak... i think that's about safe.

Thanks for the replies.

I took some photos of the stacking, honestly not sure if they are too long and will drag, but by the looks of it at the moment they aren't (but they may drag when the denim becomes softer?).

Stacking

SA500124a.jpg

Cuffing

SA500123a.jpg

Not a fan of the cuffing, but its easier if you know what I mean. And yeah got them at anotherinch, and was told to come back if I decide to hem.

I am thinking about picking up a pair of Dukes. I wear a 30 in nudie Even Stevens and after stretching, they fit well. I would guess that the Even Stevens are close to a 33 waist.

Would a 31 waist in the Dukes fit well enough?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times.

Ohh, are there thigh measurments on the dukes anywhere? Cause everyone keeps talking about the thigh being tight but according to selfedge's charts the Duke's thighs don't seem much different than other jeans.

New Imperial coming soon..

Watch for photos of the new Imperial line including a denim hoodie, farmer style jeans, and the Duke and King in new materials.

And photos of the SEXI04 (19cm)...

Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday..

Got my Dukes Indigo raw and must say these are awesome jeans. I took the advice of the shop and went 2 sizes down, got a sz 30 (true waist 32) mostly because I could get my tighs in, unlike most folks who posted on this thread. The waist was tight initially (can't button the top) but after wearing about 10 to 15 times now its stretched out very nicely. Will post pics later.

Got my Dukes Indigo raw and must say these are awesome jeans. I took the advice of the shop and went 2 sizes down, got a sz 30 (true waist 32) mostly because I could get my tighs in, unlike most folks who posted on this thread. The waist was tight initially (can't button the top) but after wearing about 10 to 15 times now its stretched out very nicely. Will post pics later.

definately need to see pics...

im a true 30 and had to get a 31 due to the thighs

in skulls 5010 6x6 im a 30 and the thighs measure 11

the 31 dukes which fit slightly looser has a thigh measurement of 10.75:eek:

Hi folks,

Some pics to share of my indigo raw Dukes sz 30. I got the inseam shortened to around 34".

P1020939_resize.jpg

Earlier fit: (1st few wears, sorry for the phone pic quality)

20070626001_all_resize.jpg

Most recently:

P1020915_all_resize.jpg

I think they look good.

How did you size these? What sizes do you wear in other jeans? Have you experienced much streching.

anybody have any idea where i could try on some imperial dukes in LA.

There are no Imperial dealers in LA.. From my knowledge Self Edge is the only place in California that carries the line..

I think they look good.

How did you size these? What sizes do you wear in other jeans? Have you experienced much streching.

Thanks...they have definately stretched out to 32" (almost 16" laid flat) at the waist and a little at the legs.

As for sizing them, I did try on both a sz 31 and 30. 31 was a snug fit, 30 was tight but not impossible at the legs, except for the waist which I could not button the top button. Initially I wore them indoors for a few times before they could button up.

Having said that, my APC NS sz 29 which was just as tight to start with, have stretched out much more than the Imperials though, but after more wears.