Imperial Jeans

nairb49

POST #50 woooo

Finally i am posting up pics of my imperial dukes . Im very very happy with these jeans. So much so that i have been wearing them religiously for the last few months since i purchased them:p

So here you are.

Imperialsfront.jpg

Front View

Imperialsback.jpg

Back View

As you can see by the above picture that they have loosened quite alot around the waist and this is why im worried i might at some stage have to wear a belt. I dont think that 32 would have been big enough now, perhaps when i wash them for the first time they will shrink back to original size:o

:cool: Cheers all

Jes

P.S. Winter is ending and im frightingly white....eeeek

^^^^ How would you suggest fixing the stacking.. Im a bit of a noob so im very open to suggestions. Im just letting them be, are you talking about he uneveness of the stacks? Just let me know and ill see what i can do to fix it.. Thankx

^^^ No these arnt hemmed at all. Im going to wait until they have been worn for a while perhaps until the end of the year then rinse them and get them hemmed from where i bought them (Another inch).

^^I went true to waist i guess. they were a bit big.

Hope that helps.:)

Jes

^^^^ How would you suggest fixing the stacking.. Im a bit of a noob so im very open to suggestions. Im just letting them be, are you talking about he uneveness of the stacks? Just let me know and ill see what i can do to fix it.. Thankx

^^^ No these arnt hemmed at all. Im going to wait until they have been worn for a while perhaps until the end of the year then rinse them and get them hemmed from where i bought them (Another inch).

^^I went true to waist i guess. they were a just a tiny bit too tight when i bought them and now they have loosened up quite alot around the waist.

Jes

Just a suggestion, but don't cuff+stack. You either need to just stack or get them hemmed and cuff. That might help "fix" the stacking.

^^I went true to waist i guess. they were a just a tiny bit too tight when i bought them and now they have loosened up quite alot around the waist.

Jes

These are sanforized, so you won't get much shrinking anyway when they're rinsed/washed...so get them hemmed now. If you're into the stack, allow for 3" extra...2" for the cuff.

Great thanks for the responses sufuers:D Yeh i am trying new styles all the time..ie. cuffing and not cuffing and also tucking and not tucking. The shoes i wear are mostly low tops so i think i will wait until i get a pair of high tops before i start tucking. I have given it a go already but didnt like it maybe i will try not cuffing and tucking and see how i like it .

Thanks again and anymore coments or tips are greatly appreciated

jes

I cuff my dukes less than an inch up so that the stacking dont look overdone. I think it looks nice but I guess some ppl dont like to cuff. They dont have a super tapered leg so stacking them like diors would be pretty hard but u could try wetting them then get the pattern you want then blow dry it. It worked on my eternals coz they were stacking rly shit at first :)

Just got my Indigo Dukes today. The Kings were nice in the thighs, but I hated the high rise.

I'm between a 31 and a 32, so I normally go 31 in dry denim. I went with a 33 in Dukes, and they fit perfectly (besides the waist, of course). Then again, "perfectly" for me is a more regular fit, not overly slim. I gave them a soak, and they shrunk a tiny bit in the waist and inseam, but not enough. So I took them into the tailor and showed him where I want to wear them (slouchy) and he said that he can take out an inch and they should fit perfectly without making the porportions on the jeans weird. I'll take pics when I get them back in a week.

As far as I know my NS stretched 3 inch and dukes stretched 1 inch. The fit will be a bit different because my 29 NS is much smaller in the hem but dukes 32 are about 1 inch bigger and they both have the same waist size in the end. Hope that helps :)

if i got the same size as my APC NS in Imperial dukes, should i expect the same cut and size aswell as stretching?

Second the above ... the NS is tapered slightly whereas dukes are slim straight leg.

I'd advise sizing down one from your true waist for the imperials; well thats what I did and they fit me great.