Imperial Jeans

nairb49

Well my first pair of premium denim was a pair of Imperial indigo kings.

ive had them for about 6 months now and I have NO regrets. I bought them mainly because they run sooo long which was perfect and they looked great but they have stood incredibly strong with alot of wear over the months.

I do have a question tho, I have seen alot of pictures of the imperials but none with particularly special fading. Is anyone else having trouble getting a good fade to develop on theres? I know that in 6months with no wash on mine they havent faded 1 bit which I cant complain too much about because they still look gorgeus but I am really curious to see what they will look like in a while.

edit: just to add my 2 cents to alot of the sizing vs stretch people

I am a average 30-32 typically 31

I got that size in the Kings and they were pretty tight when I bought them(waist wise) but they have stretched in the waste a good 1-2 inches to where I almost have to wear a belt now

Just picked up a pair of Dukes in size 31. These are my first pair of slim jeans and I'm a little unsure of the fit right now. I have huge thighs and I'm not sure if these jeans exaggerate that too much. They seem especially large in the second pic. Would it be worth sizing up? I, like half the other Imperial buyers here, was looking for a fit like Brinbro's. They definitely fit tighter than his, would sizing up give me the look I'm trying for? I can take pics of the side and back too if that helps.

untitledrk3.jpg

untitled2eq9.jpg

And in the event I do decide to keep these, any suggestions for how much to hem these, especially considering I haven't soaked/washed them yet? I think the stacks are pretty cool but maybe I'm overdoing it a bit. First post too btw, I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts here for the last year or so :)

I do have a question tho, I have seen alot of pictures of the imperials but none with particularly special fading. Is anyone else having trouble getting a good fade to develop on theres? I know that in 6months with no wash on mine they havent faded 1 bit which I cant complain too much about because they still look gorgeus but I am really curious to see what they will look like in a while.

You can see fades pages back in this thread. I've had my black dukes for 9 months but don't wear them enough to have any fade whatsoever. I don't know how people do it because I have other raw jeans I wear every day and even after 6 months the fade is barely visible. From everyone's comments Imperials are extra had to get wear into anyway. It just means they will last longer. :)

Just picked up a pair of Dukes in size 31. These are my first pair of slim jeans and I'm a little unsure of the fit right now. I have huge thighs and I'm not sure if these jeans exaggerate that too much. They seem especially large in the second pic. Would it be worth sizing up? I, like half the other Imperial buyers here, was looking for a fit like Brinbro's. They definitely fit tighter than his, would sizing up give me the look I'm trying for? I can take pics of the side and back too if that helps.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2937/untitledrk3.jpg

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/9336/untitled2eq9.jpg

And in the event I do decide to keep these, any suggestions for how much to hem these, especially considering I haven't soaked/washed them yet? I think the stacks are pretty cool but maybe I'm overdoing it a bit. First post too btw, I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts here for the last year or so :)

I think they fit fine, but stacking does seem overdone. Mine shrunk about 0.5-1 inch hem-wise after 1st wash.

Just picked up a pair of Dukes in size 31....

untitledrk3.jpg

untitled2eq9.jpg

hey man, your jeans look great. don't worry about your thighs, the denim will stretch out. I have a pair the same size as you and they do stretch. however, if you are looking for a "baggier" or more "relaxed" fit, size up. i am glad i stuck it out with the 31s just because the waist fits amazing and if it were to stretch, i wouldn't be upset. they'd just fit a little more relaxed.

don't get your denim hemmed until AFTER you soak them. my dukes measured 39 before and 38.3 after.

I went to go get them hemmed after that.

Imagine if I had gotten them hemmed then i washed them. the sizing would have been off by almost an inch.

pull that shit down a bit, you look like an old man

(the stacking looks awesome)

i'm with jayrock, you gotta pull your pants down a bit, man. it looks like you are rockin' them just a bit below your hips. pull them down to your waist. i think you will dig the look.

good luck with your denim, bro!

i'm with jayrock, you gotta pull your pants down a bit, man. it looks like you are rockin' them just a bit below your hips. pull them down to your waist. i think you will dig the look.

good luck with your denim, bro!

Umm, I think you got them mixed around. He's wearing them a bit too high, up towards his waist (belly-button-ish), so he should slouch slightly and wear them lower down towards his hips...

B/c as originally stated, if he was rockin' them below his hips, then they'd be hanging low near his junk...and if he had to pull them down to his waist, then it meant he was hanging that shit up hella high on his ribs, haha.

Umm, I think you got them mixed around. He's wearing them a bit too high, up towards his waist (belly-button-ish), so he should slouch slightly and wear them lower down towards his hips...

B/c as originally stated, if he was rockin' them below his hips, then they'd be hanging low near his junk...and if he had to pull them down to his waist, then it meant he was hanging that shit up hella high on his ribs, haha.

+1. I noticed that too but I don't think I could have explained it as well as you did.

hey deadagain

I have the same pair and same problem as u

how are u walking with those? I have the hardest time walking up hill, they are killing my upper tights and I have to pull them down all the time I donno how to keep them down, I've tired a belt but that doesnt work...any ideas?

hey deadagain

how are u walking with those? I have the hardest time walking up hill, they are killing my upper tights and I have to pull them down all the time I donno how to keep them down, I've tired a belt but that doesnt work...any ideas?

DONT wear a belt and let the waist/hip area stretch a lil bit

then when you pull them down they won't go up anymore

oh, wow. haha, i just noticed that. good lookin out. +1

hey deadagain

Don't wear a belt. When the waist stretches out a bit, they should stay down. Of course, having wallets, mobile, keys,etc helps. I had the same thing happen, but it's fine now.

edit: Didn't see Toufu's post :rolleyes:

I've had my dukes since feb this year and they've been holding up great. Apart from the crotch.

It gradually wore down, then formed a small hole. I was waiting to get some denim to patch it up but when I was cycling some dick almost hit me, I fell off my bike and caught the hole. So now it's a gaping gash.

dukescd9.th.jpg

Not much to see really. Not sure how much longer they'll last.

i think i'm in trouble...

I have a size 32 nudies flame SSDS.. and they have stretched about 2 sizes to big.

I just ordered the dukes in 33... I sized up because i didnt want the slim jim look. They should come in next week... but just wanted to know what your guy's thoughts on how they'll fit me. Thanks! i guess i'm about a true 32 (1.5 inches below my belly button).

^ They should be fine if you don't want them too tight on the legs. True size might have been tight but you'll just have a little more room in the jeans. I suggest using a belt in after you break 'em in since they might stretch if your gut pokes out when you're sitting. Even if they are tight, it's denim, it'll stretch.