Imperial Jeans

nairb49

So i was on my way into a rather large music festival last weekend in Sydney when i was stopped by two girls who commented on how nice my jeans were and how much they loved the pockets (Which i agree with, though alot of sufuers dont) and the fit. They then asked where they could get them from, so i stopped and gave them a short spiel on them. Hopefully they remember what i said.

But the moral to this story is that it's nice to get comments on the street from complete strangers on your fit and clothing :)

thanks girls

Thought i'd just try here in case no one bites. Looking to trade size 32 raw black dukes for a size 31. unwashed unworn and unhemmed. may make exceptions if in near new condition. I ain't so tall so hemmed might still be ok. thanks!

If they're unworn, why not just exchange them for your correct size?

Figure I'd post these in here as well. These are Imperials Dukes. I really wanted a pair and they just wouldn't fit my skinny legs so I had them tapered. They are still a bit bulky up the top but I think that's mainly due to the high rise.

Also as much as I like the guys at another:inch in Darlinghurst, I don't recommend them for alterations. It took about 4 weeks and in the end I gave up and had them hemmed elsewhere (they did the tapering though)

1523528688_57d3ced148_o.jpg

Anybody have pre / post soak measurements on Imperials? I've seen conflicting views on shrinkage through this thread and wondered if anybody has the hard evidence. I'm looking at a pair of Kings but I'd appreciate measures on either.

So far I'm assuming about 1" shrink in length.

Cheers.

jemook - where did u have them hemmed? chain-stitch?

Great fit on those. Now I feel like tapering my dukes too =/ How much did tapering cost u?

Thanks bud, I had them tapered where I bought them, at Another:Inch in Darlinghurst, Sydney. They took over a month so I cut my losses and took it to this great asian lady in Bondi Junction who tapers my jeans usually to finish off the hemming. She doesn't do chainstitching though but either way, Imperials hems aren't chainstitched :)

It cost me ~$10au at Another:inch for the tapering and then $10 for hemming with said Asian lady.

Thanks bud, I had them tapered where I bought them, at Another:Inch in Darlinghurst, Sydney. They took over a month so I cut my losses and took it to this great asian lady in Bondi Junction who tapers my jeans usually to finish off the hemming. She doesn't do chainstitching though but either way, Imperials hems aren't chainstitched :)

It cost me ~$10au at Another:inch for the tapering and then $10 for hemming with said Asian lady.

You could have them hemmed at another:inch. Took just 1 week for me. :P

sigh...I was hoping there was somewhere in Sydney for a chainstitch. Anyway, thanks for the info mate. Was expecting it to cost more than $30 for the taper tbh.

for those who went to another:inch, how did u find the service? they told me to get a pair of 30 dukes but I'm regreating it....after a month the waist has loosened up but its still tight and the tights are killing me when I sit down? does this happen to anyone else? should u true size for dukes?

I'm 175cm and 65 kg...thanks

Anybody have pre / post soak measurements on Imperials? I've seen conflicting views on shrinkage through this thread and wondered if anybody has the hard evidence. I'm looking at a pair of Kings but I'd appreciate measures on either.

So far I'm assuming about 1" shrink in length.

Cheers.

It's about 0.5 to 1 shrinkage for Dukes. I'm not sure about Kings, should be the same.

Go look up self edge for measurements.

did you size down or what? You should have gone through the thread...the thigh doesn't stretch much if at all. Only the waist will stretch.

I went one size up from 28 to 29, 'cos they didn't have 28. Regretted not getting true size though.

I actually didnt know about SF till after I got them, the guys at the store said they will stretch so i size down 1, I really should of true sized it, I guess

just 1 more question, does the hips stretch at all? thights are ok if I stand but the hips constrict how I walk....thanks alot

if the hips area didn't stretch during that 1 month of wear, it prolly never will.

'That guy' wasn't Richie, right? I remember one of the staff telling me that this will stretch too....

yea I think it was him, hey man thanks for the replies

does anyone out there have the hips measurements for 31s? or even better anyone want to trade? I can put in extra money, mine is a 30 black duke worn work exactly 1 month now..thanks y'all

yea I think it was him, hey man thanks for the replies

does anyone out there have the hips measurements for 31s? or even better anyone want to trade? I can put in extra money, mine is a 30 black duke worn work exactly 1 month now..thanks y'all

I have the blacks in 31. How far down from the waist do you want the measurement? Mine are a pretty spot on fit along the waist (sized down one) but because they are straight all the way to the waist with selvedge all the way up there is no give in the hips like with most jeans. Hard to describe but its as if your body conforms to the shape of the jeans when you swat rather than the other way around. Mine are ok even wearing for long periods but after a whole day where they crease between leg and torso they begin to get painful.

I have the blacks in 31. How far down from the waist do you want the measurement? Mine are a pretty spot on fit along the waist (sized down one) but because they are straight all the way to the waist with selvedge all the way up there is no give in the hips like with most jeans. Hard to describe but its as if your body conforms to the shape of the jeans when you swat rather than the other way around. Mine are ok even wearing for long periods but after a whole day where they crease between leg and torso they begin to get painful.

yea thats spot on...so thats normal? my waist is a pretty good fit, but when I sit it sorta tight...u can see my stomach over it abit but after a long day it does begin to hurt! how does ur fit in the thighs and calves man?

yea thats spot on...so thats normal? my waist is a pretty good fit, but when I sit it sorta tight...u can see my stomach over it abit but after a long day it does begin to hurt! how does ur fit in the thighs and calves man?

I don't know about normal, I guess it depends on the fit you were going for. I'm skinny and thighs and calves are a perfect fit to my eyes but the blacks didn't stretch in the waist as much as I thought they would. I posted some pictures earlier... http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=365474#post365474

You can see they are pretty tight across the hips but there is loose fabric in the thighs and loose in the calves.

how much are imperials going for at anotherinch these days?

I had mine for 260, roughly 5mths ago.

is it just me or does imperial denim and nudie denim look similar. I dont own a pair of imperials, can anyone clarify this.

yep, they're similar. Orange stitching, big pockets, even their fades are similar imo.

I think they're a bit different. All Imperials I've seen are about 14 oz and as far as i know, only RRDS are 14oz, the rest are lighter. Imperials have a silver-ish undertone to them (owners can attest) while nudes seem pretty straightforward indigo. They also fade different colors. All nudies I've seen (including the ones i own) fade to white. My Imperials fade blue.

that's all i got. just wanted to post cuz i'm wearing dukes right now