Imperial Jeans

nairb49

if you don't wear your jeans very much they don't get worn.

if you wash them without much wear, they will still look unworn but they will be lighter in colour. Also, a virgin will die.

on a side note...

if you visit http://imperial.st and look in the "brand" section you can see some broken twill selvage as the background for their upcoming items blurb...the "items" section is still coming soon, though.

Just use a gentle detergent..

I use Woolite, some use Woolite Dark..

there's no need to pamper them too much...I'd just use something that smells OK (like Cold Power or similar) and hand wash in cold water. You're probably only going to wash these four or five times in their career (if that), so at least leave them smelling nice. Both my Kings turned out well after their wash (at around 9 months each)...I'd peg them up with the waistband stretched out quite tightly, too. Unless they've been getting too loose on you. Mine shrank up by about an inch at the hems, but remained the same around the waist and hips.

thankyou and thankyou. will do and i may add some hot water from the stove to try and get the waist shrunk back to normal..

I'm about 5'7" and I'm looking into a pair of Dukes. Anyone around that same height have opinions/pictures on whether to just leave them at the original inseam and stack them or get them hemmed? 36" length for a 5'7" dude seems kinda ridiculous to stack...

Strictly for imperials what washes them best? Light detergent? Just water? I have read the appropriate threads but i want ot know what others have used...any Aussies know any good products available in Oz? Mine have been going strong for about 6 months and with access to a bath right now i want to wash them. Thanks :)

we have radiant dark and radiant jeans wash. check your local coles/woolies.

I'm about 5'7" and I'm looking into a pair of Dukes. Anyone around that same height have opinions/pictures on whether to just leave them at the original inseam and stack them or get them hemmed? 36" length for a 5'7" dude seems kinda ridiculous to stack...

i'm 5'6". I hemmed it to 32, decent amount of stacking after the waist has stretched (slouch). You probably don't want it to stack too much...hem isn't small enough.

i agree with laishin, larger stacks, i.e guys like us in the 5' 6"-5' 7" range + 36"-37" inseams, can get away with them if the hem is slim enough. i believe the hem of the dukes measure at 8" if im not mistaken. instead of hemming you could taper them, and leave the inseam be. i think i saw a pic of someone who had tapered their dukes and they looked real nice.

I've lurked through a pair of RRDS and a couple months through a pair of RRDG and I finally got my first pair of straight dry's. Got these in a 33, sized up one from my RRDG/same size as my RRDS... Hoping for a little stretch throughout the thighs but I was able to button them all the way up so I should be ok, right?

I love the stacking :D

dukeday1frnt.jpgdukeday1back.jpg

hum well 50% keep them 50% size up...

Having already worn them for just one evening i can already tell that they will stretch out enough for me, i think... :confused:

the pictures were taken within the first 5 minutes of putting them on, I probably should have worn them for an hour or two before taking pictures but I got excited! Thanks for the replies

urg... I hate waiting but you guys are probably right they just don't have the shape I love about them when they fit like that and from what I understand I'll only get minimal stretch in the thighs and hip area so I guess these are on their way back for a size up.

*I'll post an update on a week or two when I get my 34's.

A reminder..

Win a pair of SEXI04 Jeans before the actual release:

http://www.imperial.st/news.html

Then:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sexi04/

Then:

You bragging about having the SEXI04 far before anybody else.

Beatle, there's more info contained within the Flickr Group page..

• 2 weeks later...

I am not familiar with imperial denim but I am looking to get the SeXImperial denim comming out and needed sizing help.The most recent pair of jeans I bought were some A.P.C rescues and I got them in a 30. I am a real skinny guy, any recomendations on what I should look to get for when these release? Or should I look in the dior thread as they are suppose to be a dior cut reproduction?

I am not familiar with imperial denim but I am looking to get the SeXImperial denim comming out and needed sizing help.The most recent pair of jeans I bought were some A.P.C rescues and I got them in a 30. I am a real skinny guy, any recomendations on what I should look to get for when these release? Or should I look in the dior thread as they are suppose to be a dior cut reproduction?