Imperial Jeans

nairb49

28 in APC = 29 dior = 30 in nudies = 31 in imperial <------only true on certain models.....

u have to be a little more specific aa&r! the best way to get your fit is to "search" yourself... it's hard for someone else to just tell you what size you need.. everyone has different size ass, thighs, knees, height, and preferrence

go to selfedge.com for measurements.... the dukes DO run atleast a size bigger than what you actually measure on the waist.

hey,

thinking about picking these up

how is the duke fit compared to APC NS? I wear a sz 29 APC and my true waist is sz 31. Judging from the post above, I guess I should get a size 30?

I really love the fit of my APC NS right now. Are the imperials very similar?

I've had ande whall grifters, but those just make my ass and thighs look too big and its not tapered at all. Judging from the duke's hem, I'm guessing it'll be tapered and slim on the thighs too like the APC NS...

anyone have a comparison?

and do these stretch? when i got my sz 29 ns, i couldnt even button them up all the way. to clarify, i just want the APC NS fit but just a higher quality of denim/construction

appreciate an answer! thanks

hey,

thinking about picking these up

how is the duke fit compared to APC NS? I wear a sz 29 APC and my true waist is sz 31. Judging from the post above, I guess I should get a size 30?

I really love the fit of my APC NS right now. Are the imperials very similar?

I've had ande whall grifters, but those just make my ass and thighs look too big and its not tapered at all. Judging from the duke's hem, I'm guessing it'll be tapered and slim on the thighs too like the APC NS...

anyone have a comparison?

and do these stretch? when i got my sz 29 ns, i couldnt even button them up all the way. to clarify, i just want the APC NS fit but just a higher quality of denim/construction

appreciate an answer! thanks

You sound like you're about my size. I could barely button up a 29 NS but they've stretched quite a bit. Too slim for me though, I sold them and went with a 30.

I wear my jeans a bit straighter and less slim than people on here. I'm more like a 31/32 true waist. I wear a 32 in Kicking Mule 1980, a 32 in Skull 5507, and a 33 in Imperial Duke. Still a slim cut, but not tight.

Dukes are slim as hell. Go with your true waist or size up one. I got the waist taken in an inch by my tailor and they look great.

krn.nyc,

Maybe this helps...

I compared a fresh pair to the measurements on selfedge.com...

and it turns out that it's very very close. Their thigh measurements are from 2" down from the crotch btw.

When it comes to fit, the imperial Dukes are pretty close to APC N.S. except they dont stretch much. Imperials are probably one of the least forgiving jeans i know... You either sacrafice the waist to get a more straighter fit.. or you get the slim jim look.

Just remember, they are high rise (not too bad tho), which means tighter on the hips but more loose on the waist (compared to other mid-rise jeans). Do not size up. Get either your true size = tagged size (for a more straight fit but a small gap on the waist) or size one down. Most people on here size 1-2 down (true waist vs. tagged size) so that the top button barely buttons on... and they sleep with it on for about a week to get them stretched. But then again.. most people here likes the slim jim look like this...

indigo_duke.jpg

^adding to this....

I suggest sizing one up (your true waist vs. tagged size) IF you want the more straighter fit, like the nudie SSDS or APC resue. But when you do... since the dukes run a size bigger on the waist... you're gonna have a bit of room on the waist; maybe about 1.5". That's why "apocalypse later" had to get the waist trimmed to achieve the fit he wanted.

BTW... denim bar has the imperials for about $168shipped... ($210 - 20% coupon code) limited size tho.

is this the same for the Kings??....i am a 33 waist......so should i get a 34 in the Kings?....or go true waist size

-Sean

Sean, you're in San Francisco?

You should really come into the store and just try them on....

hey guys, I got a pair of imperial dukes, fitting it geting really good but the stacking is shit... how can I fix it? should I get them tappered? I like the 19cm stack look, like the self edge collabo..thanks all in advance

Yeah I agree, the leg opening on the bottom of the jeans is quite large. You need big chunky shoes for it to look in proportion.

edit: Thought I'd throw in a photo, its been like 2 months or something on/off wear.

RIMG00091.jpg

Originally, I had bought Kings in 31s (sized down one) and I had to return them since they were too big. In relation, I bought 33 Dukes (sized up one).

I think you should size down one or two on Kings.

Oh man, what the hell? I've just reviewed almost this whole thread and thought I had it down (sizing wise) until I saw this comment. Why were the kings too big (i.e., what aspect of the jean didn't fit properly). What kind of fit were you looking for?

Personally, I'm looking at waist at the moment. The selfedge.com measure for the 31 kings is 31" and its 34 for the 33 dukes. That's quite a difference, no?

Oh man, what the hell? I've just reviewed almost this whole thread and thought I had it down (sizing wise) until I saw this comment. Why were the kings too big (i.e., what aspect of the jean didn't fit properly). What kind of fit were you looking for?

Personally, I'm looking at waist at the moment. The selfedge.com measure for the 31 kings is 31" and its 34 for the 33 dukes. That's quite a difference, no?

The rise was way too big, and I just didn't like the fit. My 33 Dukes fit about the same as 33 Kings in the thighs.

Guest ManOfSteel555

OK bought my first imperials a few weeks ago...I went with the Kings, here's why:

I tried on the Dukes in a 33...I could not even get the yipper up. Why? I have big thighs. I have had to buy 34's before to wear Nudie Slim Jims and the waist proceeded to stretch too much, I didn't want to make the same mistake.

I tried on the Kings in a 34...waist fit, but the fit was HUGE. Hated it. Then I tried on the 32 in the Kings and though the waist was super tight, the fit was much better and I'd compare it to that of RRDS. I was okay with this, as though I wanted a slimmer jean, I could live with a straight boot type fit.

Comparing measurements on my Kings in a 32 vs. RRDS in a 33, the leg openings are both 9.5...the rise if higher on the Kings, but they fit very similar. Only this is that I'll have to get the Kings shortened abit.

Also, I can stack these. I think I just have thick legs or something.

Moral of the story: downsize 2 on the Kings to get a RRDS like cut if you can't fit in the Dukes. It'll be painful for the first few wears, but you get used to it.

I see alot of King bashing on this board, just wanted to share my knowledge that they are a fine cut for certain bodies and if you buy them painfully tight in the waist at first.

Kings are fine... maybe next time I buy Imperials I'd try Dukes for variety, but I've always been happy with my current pairs. Not the greatest if stacking fades are of utmost importance to you, but now that even my 11-year-old daughter thinks skinny stacked jeans are cool (and were invented by other 11-year-olds) I can definitely live with that.

OK bought my first imperials a few weeks ago...I went with the Kings, here's why:

I tried on the Dukes in a 33...I could not even get the yipper up. Why? I have big thighs. I have had to buy 34's before to wear Nudie Slim Jims and the waist proceeded to stretch too much, I didn't want to make the same mistake.

I tried on the Kings in a 34...waist fit, but the fit was HUGE. Hated it. Then I tried on the 32 in the Kings and though the waist was super tight, the fit was much better and I'd compare it to that of RRDS. I was okay with this, as though I wanted a slimmer jean, I could live with a straight boot type fit.

Comparing measurements on my Kings in a 32 vs. RRDS in a 33, the leg openings are both 9.5...the rise if higher on the Kings, but they fit very similar. Only this is that I'll have to get the Kings shortened abit.

Also, I can stack these. I think I just have thick legs or something.

Moral of the story: downsize 2 on the Kings to get a RRDS like cut if you can't fit in the Dukes. It'll be painful for the first few wears, but you get used to it.

I see alot of King bashing on this board, just wanted to share my knowledge that they are a fine cut for certain bodies and if you buy them painfully tight in the waist at first.

I got the same size Kings as I did RRDS (both size 33) and I actually found them to be tighter than the RRDS. If I were to do it again, I'd actually size up one....

How difficult is it for a tailor to take in the waist on jeans? My Dukes fot grreat everywhere but the waist and its really starting to annoy me. How much should i expect to spend?

Thanks

I paid about $20 for the waist and a hem. So I'm guessing a hem was probably $6-8, and the waist made up the rest of the cost.

You should just get an inch taken out max, otherwise the fit starts to look disproportional.

Guest ManOfSteel555

I mean I think it really depends on body type whether you are going to size up or size down for the King compared to the RRDS. My goal in sizing down 2 for the King was that I wanted the narrower knee (as my proper size for the knee was too baggy).

Imperials are so tricky since other than Nomad, I don't know anywhere that carries them. Thus you have to take a chance with online ordering. Luckily I live down the street from Nomad.

I'll try to get pic of mine soon, I want to get them shorted abit first though, take about 1.5 inches off I think.

I paid about $20 for the waist and a hem. So I'm guessing a hem was probably $6-8, and the waist made up the rest of the cost.

You should just get an inch taken out max, otherwise the fit starts to look disproportional.

Thanks to both, just saved me a question / answer.