Imperial Jeans

nairb49

I'm heading to San Fransisco in a few weeks, and I decided my next denim will be Imperial. Just wondering which cut you guys reccomend.

I like a regular cut. Not too skinny, but not relaxed either. More on the regular/slim side. Basically I just don't my jeans hugging my thighs or my ass. I have a Skull 5507, Kicking Mule 1980, and a Nudie Regular Ralf, and I like the fits on all of them, the KMW less since it's a bit slimmer than I like (but I think it'll stretch a bit).

So, would you guys go for the Dukes or the Kings if you were me? I normally wear a 32 in regular denim, 31 in raw.

I'm heading to San Fransisco in a few weeks, and I decided my next denim will be Imperial. Just wondering which cut you guys reccomend.

I like a regular cut. Not too skinny, but not relaxed either. More on the regular/slim side. Basically I just don't my jeans hugging my thighs or my ass. I have a Skull 5507, Kicking Mule 1980, and a Nudie Regular Ralf, and I like the fits on all of them, the KMW less since it's a bit slimmer than I like (but I think it'll stretch a bit).

So, would you guys go for the Dukes or the Kings if you were me? I normally wear a 32 in regular denim, 31 in raw.

I'd size up on the Dukes. Check the thigh measurements, because with Dukes, they tend to run quite slim, and if you've got big legs, probably the Kings are the way to go. I got my true waist size on the Dukes and it took a month of constant wear before the thighs stretched out to just snug. But then, I thought the Kings were just a touch too relaxed in the thigh. If Imperial had a cut between the two, it'd be perfect.

All these indigo projects, wheres all the black? I wanna see some nice black projects

if you go back a few pages, there was a black duke vs indigo dukes.

...or at least i think they were dukes... or maybe they were kings. whatever.

I'd size up on the Dukes. Check the thigh measurements, because with Dukes, they tend to run quite slim, and if you've got big legs, probably the Kings are the way to go. I got my true waist size on the Dukes and it took a month of constant wear before the thighs stretched out to just snug. But then, I thought the Kings were just a touch too relaxed in the thigh. If Imperial had a cut between the two, it'd be perfect.

My ideal measurement for thighs is about 11.5-11.75, so the Dukes in a 32 are too slim (11.25) but the Kings are a bit too relaxed (12). Thing is though, my Skulls are at a 12 thigh so I'm thinking and hoping that if the Kings don't stretch in the thigh they'd be perfect.

We just got a restock of some sizes of Imperials and we're getting more next week:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33&zenid=87fa8f64f2d4ba66243924c1afdc1b05

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of Kings. I'll be ordering them online. Right now I'm not sure of getting the black or the indigo, though I'm leaning towards the black. Anyone with experience, would you recommend I consider the same size or a size larger in the black (scanning previous threads leads me to believe the blacks are stiffer/stretch less)? Thx!

I have the Kings in both fabrics, and there's really no difference that I can see or feel. Possibly the black dye makes it stiffer than the indigo...but that's a bit of a stretch. I still think the best policy is to go up two sizes (32 -> 34 in my case; I couldn't squeeze into a 33 no matter how hard I tried), but plenty of others seem to differ. Just remember that whatever the cut of your pants, you should never want to look like you're wearing tights...or like a sausage that's about to split its casing. Imperial do seem to vary their cuts very slightly from year to year, as I can spot some minor discrepancies between my pairs although only 6 months separated their purchases.

Wait, so you size UP two sizes from you natural waist? Everything I've read has lead me to believe I should go with my true waist. Could you tell me what the waist of your Kings has stretched to now? (I'm tall and relatively thin but I like my jeans pretty baggy and down at my hips. I'm a 33 and am now planning on ordering a 34. I'm hoping they'll stretch to waist of 35-36 inches.) Thx!

sorry, not in a position to measure the waist... all I mean is: the Imperial people suggest sizing up a couple of inches from whatever you are in most other jeans, and in my experience this is spot-on. No way could I get into my usual size (32), nor the next one up. And by not get into, I mean not get over the thighs, not do up any buttons at all.. heh. I think 34 would do the trick for you by the sounds of it.

Wait, so you size UP two sizes from you natural waist? Everything I've read has lead me to believe I should go with my true waist. Could you tell me what the waist of your Kings has stretched to now? (I'm tall and relatively thin but I like my jeans pretty baggy and down at my hips. I'm a 33 and am now planning on ordering a 34. I'm hoping they'll stretch to waist of 35-36 inches.) Thx!

Anytime you see people talk of sizing up, it is because of the thighs. I'm skinny and even though they are narrow in the thigh I don't have a problem, so i'll talk about waist measurements here. I buy all my non-denim pants in 32. My naural waist is 83cm (around 32 1/2 inches). Around my hips I'm 86cm (almost 34 inches). I was told I should size so that they are hard to button up because they will stretch so I bought the 31s. At the shop, brand new, I found 32s were standard good fit around the waist, not loose and not tight (correct sizing), and 31s were tight around the waist but I could still squat. Now I can slouch them, they fit around my hips and I think they are the prefct fit for me. Measuring them while stretching with my fingers they are 43cm wide, which makes them almost 34 inches.

So, if you aren't worried about the thighs and want to slouch, buy your normal size and they should stretch.

First time I tried my indigo dukes they were so tight and I had to struggle very hard to get the top button done. Now theyve stretched and wont stay up without a belt. I shouldve sized down one but I'd probably be walking around with the top button undone for a while if I sized down

Anytime you see people talk of sizing up, it is because of the thighs. I'm skinny and even though they are narrow in the thigh I don't have a problem, so i'll talk about waist measurements here. I buy all my non-denim pants in 32. My naural waist is 83cm (around 32 1/2 inches). Around my hips I'm 86cm (almost 34 inches). I was told I should size so that they are hard to button up because they will stretch so I bought the 31s. At the shop, brand new, I found 32s were standard good fit around the waist, not loose and not tight (correct sizing), and 31s were tight around the waist but I could still squat. Now I can slouch them, they fit around my hips and I think they are the prefct fit for me. Measuring them while stretching with my fingers they are 43cm wide, which makes them almost 34 inches.

So, if you aren't worried about the thighs and want to slouch, buy your normal size and they should stretch.

Very helpful. Thx!