Imperial Jeans

nairb49

from my experience in regards to perspection and the like, your so called "quick shots" don't seem to apply to them... the right back pocket is longer than the one of the left..

Ok. You're right. You caught me. I spent 2 hrs taking crappy pics..:dodgy:

I was refering to what Camel said. The back pockets do APPEAR different but in reality, they are not. The creases and folds in the jeans that were caused by me just laying them down and not actually flattening them is what caused that difference. Its a 2D image. You can't see the depth completely and if you could, you would notice that the back right pocket was closer to the camera than the other pocket due to it 'puffing' up in that spot.

I just realized how sad it is that I'm explained this matter in such depth, no pun intended! ;)

I've worn APC NS for awhile now and I'm looking to get some Imperial Dukes as my next pair of dry denim. I was wondering though, are the Imperial Dukes as slim as a pair of APC NS? A 7 inch leg openining is what I'm aiming for but I read somewhere that dukes(at size 28-29) has a leg opening up to about 8 inches.

Will I have to take it to a tailor to have it tapered like APCs?

Guest StuckOnStupid
Here's a pic when I first got my Kings 3 weeks ago. They're pretty stubborn when it comes to stretching.

I'm going to get them tapered, they drag on some of the shoes I wear.

68iv9na.jpg

wow i really dont like the fit of the kings. instead of looking baggy on purpose,ie resues, they make you look pudgy.

no offence, of course.

quick sizing question. i wear a 29 APC NS. theyre sized 3 down. usually buy 32's as my hips are 33". what size dukes should i get? wil 30's work?

If you want a tighter fit, go with 31. You want a more relaxed but still slim and straight, go with 32. I just bought a pair and got my true waist and thus I ended up with this straight fit I'm talking about. I've been meaning to get up some Nudie Slim Jim vs. Imperial Duke pics up. Hopefully by the end of the week.

I finally got my dukes after 12 days of UPS Ground from San Francisco to New York City. It was supposed to come on Tuesday but i guess they dont like me and the box got damaged for another one day delay. I am really impressed by these jeans the only downfall is the crotch ripples but I guess they'll go away after a while.

^ so true. I'm thinking about buying the black dukes even though i have indigo dukes already

Im going to check out anotherinches store in Darlinghurst and pick up a pair of Duke Raw Indigo's in late July. A nice birthday pressie for myself i reckon. I saw them and fell in love :o . How are yours traveling still wearing them hard? You should post up some some clear pics of them to wet my appetite (that sounded a little gay...sorry):rolleyes:

jes

Maybe this will help blasdro

My Imperial Dukes size 30 after a soak and hem. They're sitting at about a 32-33 inseam right now. I'm lovin this fit. Straight but on the slimmer side.

I'm 5'6" 125-130 (Heavier after dinner :))

6-7.jpg

6-7b.jpg

Here are my Jims in a size 29 (~3 months of wear) for reference:

6-4.jpg

I apologize for the filthy room, but I'm busy, what can I say. No time to clean.

hmm well im a true to size W28..should i size up to a 29 for imperials? or is there enough stretch?

edit: judging by the ref pic, i think 28 would do me fine...i just answered my own question/.. brentos ur 5'6 130, im 5'9 135..and 30 fits you fine? did u size up for the baggy/slim look i assume

hmm well im a true to size W28..should i size up to a 29 for imperials? or is there enough stretch?

edit: judging by the ref pic, i think 28 would do me fine...i just answered my own question/.. brentos ur 5'6 130, im 5'9 135..and 30 fits you fine? did u size up for the baggy/slim look i assume

Yep, I did size up. I probably could have gone w/ a 28 for a real slim look or a 29.