Workshirts

gimmegimme

So are any of these reproductions with union labels actually union made garments? Is the SugarCane a US made shirt? It's not like reproducing a brand label that no longer exists. Unions like the UGWoA still exist and are more important than ever. A phony union label does not 'show respect for those bygone workers'. It pisses on everything they worked for and is false advertising for those that use the label as part of their buying decision.

So are any of these reproductions with union labels actually union made garments? Is the SugarCane a US made shirt? It's not like reproducing a brand label that no longer exists. Unions like the UGWoA still exist and are more important than ever. A phony union label does not 'show respect for those bygone workers'. It pisses on everything they worked for and is false advertising for those that use the label as part of their buying decision.

I totally agree. I don't think any of them are actually made by UGWoA.

edit: I also don't think that the UGW is around anymore, but I would like to know if they are union made in Japan, or if there are strong unions in Japan.

me neither. i think they all put it on their products to be more accurate. unfortunaltly i guess none of em are real union made stuff. if i think of my lee jacket wich was made in china and has a union made label on it, i bet think ithat is not different with other brands.

You're right. I guess they joined up with the United Food & Commercial Workers after 1994. It still irks me as it was recent enough that it obviously confuses those who are interested. I hate to come across as a sour-puss, but if no one brings it up, they figure no one cares.

I did uncover a non-union made work shirt that I'm proud to sport though. It's a wool western/work shirt that my mom made for my dad back around 1969. My girlfriend (an inveterate quilter) was skeptical on how well it might be tailored, but she was quite surprised how nicely done it was when she saw it. I'm thinking of enlisting her services with some chambray.

No big deal man. It's good that people bring this stuff up. I hate being one of a few. Join the club of UoSUFUSP (Union of superfuture sour pusses).

i ll join the club. i remember there was a homepage with infos on us brands wich produce union made stuff. i cant find the page anymore though. it was in my favorite list but now its gone. anyone?

there is some info for our shirt on the workers blog. i cant see the pic though. maybe some of you can. here is the link

http://eworkers.blogspot.com/2010/03/fabric-for-fall-winter-polka-dot-shirt.html

i was wrong, i just managed to see the pic. and its something completlye different, but still a nice shirt.

How's the fabric on the Lofgren. I have the striped version and I was going to get that one as well, but I am going to wait, cuz Lofgren is going to make a brown striped version.

there is some info for our shirt on the workers blog. i cant see the pic though. maybe some of you can. here is the link

http://eworkers.blogspot.com/2010/03/fabric-for-fall-winter-polka-dot-shirt.html

i was wrong, i just managed to see the pic. and its something completlye different, but still a nice shirt.

I think there is some info on the polka dot shirt, but not a pic. If only I could read the Japanese characters...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380218128990&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_997

Was watching this one, but I only usually bid on the used shirts from this era. The deadstock ones always go for double or triple their value... I think bc people collect them (not to wear).

Also, as pretty as this one is, I can't justify spending 200 on a shirt with sleeves 3 inches too short for me, always having to roll them up.

L1020200.jpg

I believe this is the image that was missing from the e-workers blog. This is the polka dot shirt. Looks a lot like the freewheelers shirt that I already have, but I will probably pick it up still, plus it will have a detachable collar.

edit: Oooh oooh oooh and a rounded collar.

Justin Bieber rocking the chambray work shirt hahahhah

What's funny is that the shirt is the gap youth model.