Superawkward

scoki

Ah yea regarding that,

in NL its similar when kissing people goodbye etc except here it's common to do 3.

Very when you go meet someone from another European country, as after the second kiss they are done and your cheek still hovers around their face...

i have some dutch friends and this has happened so often

One time I was walking around and I had one of those sidewalk tangos. This one went on for such a long time, I actually executed a spin move to get away.

When people that make consistently bad jokes tell you one and look directly at you for approval in the form of a laugh. Thank god I am good at "the fake chuckle" because I don't know how else I could escape those situations.

When people that make consistently bad jokes tell you one and look directly at you for approval in the form of a laugh. Thank god I am good at "the fake chuckle" because I don't know how else I could escape those situations.

one of my coworkers does this constantly, stares me down after every joke that isn't funny in the least, i've pretty much mastered the faux laugh

I have the worst fake laugh. It's generally a "heh..." accompanied by a facial expression that I am told can make any person want to hang themselves because they feel so stupid.

Actually, most of my facial expression cause awkward moments. My default facial expression generally looks like I am thinking, "Why the fuck are you talking to me?" If I am the slightest bit annoyed (like at work, most of the time), I'm told I look like a serial killer.

I have actually the opposite problem. I have mastered making a nice, emotionaly open and welcoming face so well that nobody know the constant, boiling, condescending disgust and hate for humanity I have inside.

I chuckle once and a while during boring points in conversations and people find it rather honest and quirky making them want to talk to me more. If they only knew the atrocities I think of committing in my head that cause me chuckle I'm pretty sure they'd be horrified.

The only times lately that I haven't found people to be boring cattle, were some sufu meetups.

Buuut this is the superawkward thread... the only moment I can think that people really find embarassing while around me is when I mention how much I like Huey Lewis and the News.

Everyone tells me I smile too much.

Even in horrible situations it looks like I am smiling and my look of happiness apparently makes people mad.

So I will just be smiling and then the conversation will be over because people will walk away in disgust.

the forgetting the name thing, it happened to me tonight. but i thought i was very sure of the guy name, so i arrive and say "hiii quentin sup?" and he replies ... "huh no it's adrien". i smile... *awkward moment* ... and we continued talking, but with a certain weird feeling. usually i have a good memory for that

also, yesterday, i was in a shop, and people speaking in english seemed like having problem with what was displayed. so i kindly ask "can i help you ?", and the guy answer to me in french "no thanks"...

about the kissing on the cheek thing, the workaround is to say "ho it's 3 in your region", if you commonly do 2. i personnaly do 1 for good friends i rarely see (no homo), 2 for girls, and as much as they want to family, sometimes it's even 4, how boring.

Everyone tells me I smile too much.

Even in horrible situations it looks like I am smiling and my look of happiness apparently makes people mad.

So I will just be smiling and then the conversation will be over because people will walk away in disgust.

When people accuse me of lying, I find it hilarious and I smile.. which makes me look like I'm giving myself away.. I think it's ridiculous because I consider myself a very honest person, so I smile/laugh at those kinds of things and it makes matters worse. :[

Guest Phrost

I have mastered making a nice, emotionaly open and welcoming face so well that nobody know the constant, boiling, condescending disgust and hate for humanity I have inside.

If they only knew the atrocities I think of committing in my head that cause me chuckle I'm pretty sure they'd be horrified.

I find people to be boring cattle....I like Huey Lewis and the News.

batemandf0.jpgpatrickbatemanvs7.gifbatemandf0.jpgpatrickbatemanvs7.gifbatemandf0.jpg

I have actually the opposite problem. I have mastered making a nice, emotionaly open and welcoming face so well that nobody know the constant, boiling, condescending disgust and hate for humanity I have inside.

I chuckle once and a while during boring points in conversations and people find it rather honest and quirky making them want to talk to me more. If they only knew the atrocities I think of committing in my head that cause me chuckle I'm pretty sure they'd be horrified.

good im not the only one

How about this:

I'm at my parent house visiting. I decide to browse waywt. I'm scrolling down the page and I hear something. I turn around and my dad is standing right behind me. He didn't say anything, I didn't say anything. He backed up slowly, and walked away.

Two day earlier he walked in on me and my mom watching DVR'ed Project Runway EP's.

How about this:

I'm at my parent house visiting. I decide to browse waywt. I'm scrolling down the page and I hear something. I turn around and my dad is standing right behind me. He didn't say anything, I didn't say anything. He backed up slowly, and walked away.

Two day earlier he walked in on me and my mom watching DVR'ed Project Runway EP's.

Have you rollerbladed in front of him? Or sucked a dick?

people looking at you while watching waywt is always awkward. i don't want people to think it's weird, but i don't want to explain them the whole thing either. i just try to avoid this situation.

dad walked in while taking waywt. threw camera/tripod on the bed and sat down before he got in, but it was in plain sight. that was unpleasant.

edit: heh, here's the picture the camera took during this process

2i8ygjc.jpg

this and various other things lead me to believe he'd be extremely worried if i didn't have a girlfriend

When old ladies tell you about their diabeetus.

While you're trying to sell them soda.

What do you say too all of that poorly applied, caked lipstick?

i personally think it should be mandated to hug with your right arm on top and your left arm on bottom. that way all hugs will be successful, not to mention i think high/low hugs are the most comfortable and fuzzy.

i think it should be mandatory for girls to go high and guys to go low. the asymmetrical hug just isnt comfortable.