Superawkward

scoki

superawkward moment last night. just blazed a couple of j's and smoked some dinkidy dank dank dink donk out of a beastly bingidy bong bong. and i go inside my buddies house cause im about to bounce and a whole bunch of those really friendly football bros (the douchebags who you secretly enjoy partying with) and all of their friendly and attractive hoes arrive. my mind starts going off on some sort of tangent and im thinking about meditating, so i dont realize that they are all attempting to talk to me and ive just been standing there silent. then i snapped back to reality and mumbled some shit about leaving and bounced.

i think i need to stop smoking. ill quit once the school year starts and go back to my engaging friendly self. but in the meantime, i have a dimebag to finish.

kinda reminds me of this time me and a bunch of friends were just chilling at my friends apt, and this guy peter who was someones acquaintance stopped by to pick up a small sack. he comes in with a taco salad or some shit, spilling it all over the floor of my friend's bedroom as he sloppily ate. peters just a socially awkward guy, with some crazy form of tourettes where he cant stop violently shaking his leg. anyway, peter leaves the room to go do something real fast, and our conversation quickly turned into how annoying/awkward/weird peter was. turns out peter never had anything to do, he was listening at the door. mid-insult, he opened the door, said sorry to nobody in particular, and left (ran away) without another word.

I've got a similar story - an old roommate had this friend (and I use that term loosely) who we all found rather annoying. We always talked shit about him behind his back. I don't even know why said roommate hung out with the guy but that's beside the point.

Anyway, one day he was expected to come over, so we were talking mad shit. Ok, mostly I was talking mad shit, but my roommate and bf at the time were chiming in as well.

Unbeknownst to us, he had come in through the back door without any of us hearing and after a break in the shit talking soiree, he comes strolling into the room and we all kind of froze.

Majorly awkward! Who knows how long he might've been standing there.

Then of course later on we all talked shit about who the fuck just walks into people's houses all quiet like that, lol. And through the back door! WTF.

we have a friend who comes by it seems every time we're talking about her. i would guarantee she's heard something before. never anything truly mean-spirited anyway-just about how cheap she is.

I've got a similar story - an old roommate had this friend (and I use that term loosely) who we all found rather annoying. We always talked shit about him behind his back. I don't even know why said roommate hung out with the guy but that's beside the point.

Anyway, one day he was expected to come over, so we were talking mad shit. Ok, mostly I was talking mad shit, but my roommate and bf at the time were chiming in as well.

Unbeknownst to us, he had come in through the back door without any of us hearing and after a break in the shit talking soiree, he comes strolling into the room and we all kind of froze.

Then of course later on we all talked shit about who the fuck just walks into people's houses all quiet like that, lol. And through the back door! WTF.

I hate going to a fast food restaurant and its a fellow classmate working that i vaguely know. Do I acknowledge him as a friend? or pretend i dont know him and order???

always give people you know a little wuddup when they're working somewhere thats providing you with something.

could end up getting a few extra fries

What's the protocol for greeting adjacent coworkers at a large but quiet office when their backs are facing you and your desk is behind them? I started not so long ago and don't know them very well so it feels awkward throwing out a 'hey guys' like you would to your friends. Not greeting them just makes me look snobbish and impolite even though they are busy with work. I guess the situation would be avoidable if I just started work as early as they did...

it's awkward when you go to eat somewhere and your waiter is someone that you used to go to high school with and you go on pretending that you guys are complete strangers.

This shit happens to me ALL THE TIME. Mostly at restaurants but once in a while at a fast food place. It's always awkward shit.

Similarly, there was this kid in middle school that everybody picked on. He was overweight, dorky, ugly, etc. I felt bad for him. Fairly recently I walked into H&R Block and dude was working there! SUPERAWKWARD at first but he recognized me and we ended up talking about how much his life has changed (for the better, of course) and how he never held a grudge on anyone that picked on him. I still don't think I'd be seen hangin' with that MOFO though :D

Hey! That was me!! :mad:

When handshakes go wrong. For an example, one of my friend's dad was chillen on the couch watching TV and I went for a greeting handshake, but he wanted a pound, so I changed it to the fist at the last second, but then he too changed from a pound to a handshake and things got a bit awkward for a couple of seconds.

lol, there are grown men who greet people with pounds?

Similarly, there was this kid in middle school that everybody picked on. He was overweight, dorky, ugly, etc. I felt bad for him. Fairly recently I walked into H&R Block and dude was working there! SUPERAWKWARD at first but he recognized me and we ended up talking about how much his life has changed (for the better, of course) and how he never held a grudge on anyone that picked on him. I still don't think I'd be seen hangin' with that MOFO though :D

dude, the girl that everyone picked on in elementary school works at the local Lucky's market and she was bagging my groceries one time. she'd gained weight and put on the fake i'm-at-work smile. she looked kinda miserable, but who knows she might be super happy.

have we talked about how awkward it is to meet a boyfriend's/girlfriend's ex? ...or how awkward it is when the conversation leads to talking about sex with the boyfriend/girlfriend...

i dont get how some people can be so goddamn close to each other. i feel so akward when people have their arms rubbed up against mine or worse their thighs. this dosent just apply to strangers but even my close friends. i just really hate to be touched.

were you abused as a child?

it's awkward when you go to eat somewhere and your waiter is someone that you used to go to high school with and you go on pretending that you guys are complete strangers.

this happened to me..funny thing is the group of friends I went with..we all went to the same high school and even though he wasn't our waiter he just randomly went up to us and asked if we went to xxxx..did not recognize him at all. >.<

the one time that was super awkward was when I went shopping and the sales person goes up to me and goes, "hey you're Whitney!" me..*racks brain trying to remember who he was* "um, yeah....." he goes on "we used to go to high school together"

after some really awkward pauses it turns out that he is a friend of an aquaintance and has "heard of me" gossip and shit that he was being coy about

recently I was buying some undies and the sales associate recognized me from pictures he'd seen..his sister was a friend of mine in high school..I guess that was cool cos even though I didn't ask he gave me a discount anyways..

thats why you dont move and just walk forward...its their job to move.

*edit

or after said left/right dance you stop and hug the person and say

"I LOVE YOU PERSON!"

either works great from personal experience.

i thought about doing this the other day but backed out.. i dont think i could pull it off!

awkward when youre at work and a group of you are bitching about a co-worker and she enters the room forcing you to clumsily change topic mid sentence.