DIY/professional washing and hand aging your jeans

Charlie Delta

Denimdave, I have read your posts. Here they are:

Criticism is needed to purify your eyes.

I do know denim though. It is also obvious your a smart ass' date=' but hey, thats not my problem. You are also unable to answer my question about this "thread" which only tells me your an idiot also.[/quote']

As for some of these posts it sounds as if they work in our field and are extremely jealous of what you are doing.

I also do not wear my own product only because I do not like what I do. As far as denim produced outside of the United States, I have to disagree with these denim heads. I personally do not care where the fabric is made. I don't care if its a 6oz. or a 15 oz., left or right hand twill, broken twill, 1 by 1, 2 by 1, 3 by 1, I don't care if it is a chambray, a canvas, jaquard, or a piece dyed twill, I will make anything look better than the crap these phonies wear on a daily basis.

they all can kiss my ass and venture to another thread.

I happen to think they are extremely artistic. Anyone who thinks this is not art should keep there mouths shut.

You cannot distress jeans while wearing

Never will an artistic developer make his jeans look like a naturally worn in jean.

Again, I'm not following your purpose on this thread. I know that the pre-distressed jean market is huge, and I do know that a very large number of the pre-distressed denim that hits the market by "fashion" labels is produced and assembled by low wage factory workers in deplorable working conditions. People on this forum appreciate a different type of production process, as well as the idea of letting a garment age according to the user's daily wear. Your comment about "making anything look better than the crap these phonies wear" is completely absurd and poorly thought out. If I read correctly, you can manufacture the illuision of a broken in jean, but those who choose to do it on their own are the "phonies"? You also admittedly hate what you do, so why are you so proud of your achievements? I just don't see your point in this thread in any of your convoluted and poorly written "responses". Further, your defense of just calling other users "ignorant" is extremely tired and old. If you think I'm ignorant because I mention the idea of child labor, please help me understand who is producing these "authentic reproductions" for true Religion, Seven, Mek, rock and Republic, etc? Artisans who delicately hand craft each garment with the upmost standards for their craft?

Denimdave, I have read your posts. Here they are:

Again, I'm not following your purpose on this thread. I know that the pre-distressed jean market is huge, and I do know that a very large number of the pre-distressed denim that hits the market by "fashion" labels is produced and assembled by low wage factory workers in deplorable working conditions. People on this forum appreciate a different type of production process, as well as the idea of letting a garment age according to the user's daily wear. Your comment about "making anything look better than the crap these phonies wear" is completely absurd and poorly thought out. If I read correctly, you can manufacture the illuision of a broken in jean, but those who choose to do it on their own are the "phonies"? You also admittedly hate what you do, so why are you so proud of your achievements? I just don't see your point in this thread in any of your convoluted and poorly written "responses". Further, your defense of just calling other users "ignorant" is extremely tired and old. If you think I'm ignorant because I mention the idea of child labor, please help me understand who is producing these "authentic reproductions" for true Religion, Seven, Mek, rock and Republic, etc? Artisans who delicately hand craft each garment with the upmost standards for their craft?

I am tired of defending myself. I love my job as a developer and am always critical of my own work. If you only post a few of my negative responses to people that respond in language much worse than mine, that is up to you. You can take my responses any way you like. I never said that production line workers in [most cases] were "artisans". Although they do hand craft each garment, some with pride and some only to collect a paycheck. I have been in quit a few factories overseas, and believe it or not, many of them are much nicer than here in the US. Someone provokes me, I provoke them, and I provoke you. How is the mean spirited responses any different than mine.

Dave, the point I am making is this. Your perspective, and appreciation for the craft of distressing denim to create an illusion that they have been worn, is just not appreciated on this particular forum. Not that it won't be at the club, or even on a different forum, but if you look at what most SuFu members appreciate in denim, you will see that your perspective differs from theirs. It's just the same as if you started a thread about Volcom and how radical their tee shirt designs are. Not that there isn't a segment of the market that doesn't agree, and thinks that they are really neat, it's just not here. Washboy get a pass because he is showing pictures and describing the process, you are adding nothing of value to the discussion.

denimdave, Why are you still in this thread?? just quit, u've tried already.... and got pwned everytime, just keep doing that "love my job as a developer and am always critical of my own work" shit.

some1 enlighten me, dont understand why this whole process of distressing is art, isnt it more like a underpaid labour job.... stop making urself feel better by calling it art. Art is something that can withstand the test of time. What you are doing is making replicas of true art, which will eventually end up in local thrift shops...(not to mention some real art ends in thrift shops) so stop bragging about yourself, if u wanna prove u r worth a penny, pull out some pics of your work...

Those look a lot better. Post some pics when you have enhanced them a little bit more.

haha i love how everyone was super hating on him then a few *cough* voices of reason (respectable people on this forum) he isnt hated anymore lol you niggas are funny. his rep went from straight red to green. sheep.

still hating on him, but i'd rather not give this thread anymore attention than it already has. just because a few "support" his work doesn't mean we all do. but hell, i'm apparently one of the "phonies" for wearing raw denim, right

I really don't see any reason why people are up in a tizzy over this. A decent amount of posts I see in the Evolution thread have some sort of artificial wear applied, maybe it is just some dude over rubbing his thighs, or "pinching" his whiskers, or worse yet... sandpaper. The fact is: people on this board do it, but lie about it. What makes this dude different? Other than the fact that he admits to it.

I don't like predistressed denim, but I definitely don't like horrible looking washes on jeans, and if washboy is willing to take suggestions on how to make a wash look more legit, I am willing to offer them up, and obviously he is willing to implement those, as he did with the last pair and having his buddy make the personalized creases.

Another thing that is really annoying is gung ho people on this board who just got into raw/selvedge denim and act like they are the denim police telling people what to do and not do with their jeans and don't give me this, "I have been into raw denim for a real long time, but just recently started posting here," crap, cuz most of it ain't true.

man hendodo this goes against your sig

hahaha, tis true.. although i disagree about this kind of process, i agree that he can do what he wants w/ jawnz. Im all for a more natural looking wash. It's closer to the real deal.

agree to disagree :)

I may have read some posts wrong, but I don't think many veteran posters said it was "cool," at least I didn't. Don't quote me on that, though (hah). I just like seeing the process and see if some dude could reproduce the wear patterns that we all drool over. I don't think he can. I think he can just reproduce the illusion of reality and authenticity, whereas we all here produce reality and authenticity.

I don't think anyone will ever be able to produce truly authentic looking fades.

The intricacy of the creasing on a pair that has been worn for 6 months is going to far outweigh some jeans put in a squat position and then sprayed with resin.

While sandpaper can acheive a decent overall fade, you can't replicate the subtle nuances in the secondary fades, which come from the denim rubbing on itself. This results in more complex wear patterns and almost a 3d appearance. The sandpapering looks very flat in my opinion

all just like those 3sixteen jeans... no one liked em til kiya said he helped them and booooom pussy wet.

Hahaha...I remember that. The 3Sixteen stuff has been good for a long time, but with Kiya / SE involved now I guess it adds some legitimacy in peoples minds?

Mister Freedom too? Stuff was at first a bit over the top, now dickriding?

''the illusion of reality'': a very interesting concept. i'll have to use that one. i like how it sounds. if cats were hating on mr. freedom they should be made to wear seersucker leisure pants for a year straight.