DIY/professional washing and hand aging your jeans

Charlie Delta

Your passion is basically the opposite point of what this entire denim forum is about, that's how you are our enemies, we frown upon washed denim in all it's forms, no diss to you personally, just your proffesion bro.

Good point akuma. To quote Haptronic:

hello new members to superfuture

please take this as a warning ... if you don't know what the members of the forum will like [label or style wise] then my advice is to take it elsewhere

Washboy, while I like the thread, superfuture does reserve the right to a mob mentality.

nah dude, thats what THIS thread is, but actually this thread is a consolidation of multiple threads dedicated to this subject, see first page

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1163462&postcount=1

one thread providing information to members, not like an actual discussed situation, like the evolution of jeans, dog.

Your internet banging doesnt scare me. Im not going to stop posting. I brought back this thread and as said before, if you dont like it, "my advice is to take it elsewhere!!!!"

Im not afraid of your raw denim mob, or its outrageous mentality. Lay off the wierd posts about how much of a jerk i am or how little i know. Because i know all the things that you guys know about wearing in raw, plus a little about the laundry, it should be interesting to anyone interested in denim. period

By the way, Im also posting something that no one else is posting or has posted before, ill say it again, a real denim head would love this, even if they hated it

jeez... just let the pics "speak for themselves"

love the denim, hate the dude

-hendodo

I am not trying to scare anyone. I only answered a couple of questions and complimented Washboy on his work. I am only angry at those who choose to degrade artwork and knowledge of the garment industry. There is no need to be an ass. And also if this is an extension of another thread or what ever you call it. How come there is nothing else but what Washboy is doing? You think you can answer my question this time?

i do love raw denim and let it age through my daily wears.

but to be honest, your work looks pretty good compare to other pre-distressed jeans, as well as the process is really interesting (to me)..

yet i have no skills and knowledge about those washing and distressing jeans, so for me its just a waste.. i mean with my skills right now, distressing jeans by my own hand is just wasting my $250? but you got what it needs and its your passion, so just do it?!

If this was some japanese dude in an old wood wall workshop in southern japan hand sanding seven hundred quid jeans for the company, I guarantee most of the posts would read.....

"Wow great work! I myself, am only really into wearing raw denim, but it looks like a really interesting process, thanks for sharing! +rep."

There's no need to personally insult each other, if it ain't your bag it ain't your bag see. Frankie says relax.

putting those FHs next to the distressed ones just further shows how dissimilar the wash is to actual wear...

I got nothing against washes but I think you'd be hard pressed to find many who prefer your wash over that pair's authentic fade...

If this was some japanese dude in an old wood wall workshop in southern japan hand sanding seven hundred quid jeans for the company, I guarantee most of the posts would read.....

"Wow great work!

It ain't even the product, it's the way he's (denimdave/washboy) selling it. Lock it.

I'll say this again.

Look through the thread, check the posters that are super positive about this (with the exception of rnrswitch) and then tell me they're not all the same person.

i know it goes against the grain of this message board's general posts, but i've actually found these posts to be rather interesting. the fact that some dude is actually doing this in his basement or wherever and making some jeans is educational. i never wear washes, and probably wont for a very long time--but i really dont see any harm at all in what this guy is doing.

all he's doing is taking us step by step through the process of how he makes pre-distressed jeans. if you don't like the concept of pre-distressing, all power to you. but why bother flaming the guy for it. if it were my hours i was putting into this project, i'd be defensive too..

Washboy, I enjoyed the pics and the results, just let them speak for themselves.
jeez... just let the pics "speak for themselves"

love the denim, hate the dude

-hendodo

i love how some guy sanding his pants is more serious than arguing over them.
i do love raw denim and let it age through my daily wears.

but to be honest, your work looks pretty good compare to other pre-distressed jeans, as well as the process is really interesting (to me)..

yet i have no skills and knowledge about those washing and distressing jeans, so for me its just a waste.. i mean with my skills right now, distressing jeans by my own hand is just wasting my $250? but you got what it needs and its your passion, so just do it?!

"Wow great work! I myself, am only really into wearing raw denim, but it looks like a really interesting process, thanks for sharing! +rep."

There's no need to personally insult each other, if it ain't your bag it ain't your bag see. Frankie says relax.

truth be told.

i know it goes against the grain of this message board's general posts, but i've actually found these posts to be rather interesting. the fact that some dude is actually doing this in his basement or wherever and making some jeans is educational. i never wear washes, and probably wont for a very long time--but i really dont see any harm at all in what this guy is doing.

all he's doing is taking us step by step through the process of how he makes pre-distressed jeans. if you don't like the concept of pre-distressing, all power to you. but why bother flaming the guy for it. if it were my hours i was putting into this project, i'd be defensive too..

i think the only thing that is killing is the tears/rips. i think for the next one i may have a couple of ideas on improving the realism of natural creases.

1251344782.jpg

1251344830.jpg

1251304892.jpg

What do you think?

I feel like you could probably improve things if you wore the jeans for a day or two to get some natural creases to base your work on

the contrast and tone of the fade job seem pretty good to me (aside from some of the rips)

but the design of the fades gives the fades away as artificial

the super angular fades on the front pocket and the combs especially strike me as not right

of course, this assumes that what you're trying to do is replicate natural wear as accurately as possible, which isn't necessarily so and nor should it be

I think what ande whall said about sums it up.

Anyways, I think we should find some of the most gangsta worn jeans from this forum and post pics and kinda throw down the gauntlet to washboy. He mentioned a new pair of PRPS in the lineup. Scrounge up Poly800rock's PRPS and lets see if he can reproduce the wear or at least get close.

Or you could try to reproduce something similar to this:

img1983r.jpg

img1981tvc.jpg

The chevron is the whisker that cones from your thighs and goes down your leg. I don't know what you call them here.

As for that last picture posted, yes the camera quality is 1000x better, but my jeans have the same wear but more contrast, which is the ultimate goal of a raw Jean, at least in my opinion. Again, I wear raw, 6 days a week and am breaking in a pair of 47s as we speak.

I think you and I differ in the goal of a raw jean then. My raws don't really have a goal: vintage wear, high contrast wear, etc. I just wear the jeans and they turnout as they do. I actually like the jeans as they are when they are raw.

Not to tell you what your goal in manufacturing washes should be, but for me, if I was to do washes, I would want the wear to look as natural as possible and sometimes high contrast is not natural at all.

BTW, word on the street is that those jeans I posted were worn in by a real, true gangsta. Hah.

Not knocking you at all, but you just dont have goals when it comes to your jeans and that IS the difference. Something I was taught to look for in a true vintage jean is the contrast. To me, someone who wore their jeans for years without ever washing would have the best contrast, which is what I like. Again not knocking anyone, just stating my opinion.