DIY/professional washing and hand aging your jeans

Charlie Delta

I think a lot of us at least at some point in their life have had a pair of pre-distressed jeans and i find this post interesting as to see how its done. Though most of the denim heads here won't appreciate the work becuz of the different perspective this forum has brought us into, thanks washboy.

How about, of you like what I'm doing, follow this thread. If you don't and can appreciate it, I would love criticism. If you don't like it, don't read it. It's that simple. As for rubbing on brick walls or wearing in you natural spots with sandpaper, I would like to see it. No sarcasm, I just know that it makes it look even cheaper than you feel mine do. It's not just sanding arras to make wear, it's creating contrast with the sandpaper. I have a ton more left to finish up tommorow. Will post one more pic tonight for some more bashing, thanks to all those being helpful rather than assholes. This thread has made what I'm doing a competition, which is the last thing I'm trying to do, but if you got what it takes.... Let's do it ;)

Please learn to proofread your posts and act professionally

Your inability to write even simple english is exceedingly obvious.

It sorely detracts from any sort of legitimacy you inherently wish to achieve in our eyes.

Please learn to proofread your posts and act professionally

Your inability to write even simple english is exceedingly obvious.

It sorely detracts from any sort of legitimacy you inherently wish to achieve in our eyes.

Sorry, but this let's me know how petty some people are here. Sorry I posted anything, I'll never post again!!!! Ever! Yeah right, but again, to those of you who are decent humans, thanks. Hopefully one day I'll show you something you guys feel is natural.

Not to be contradictory, but washboy got flamed prior to him doing any flaming. I think some of the folks on this forum need to ease up a bit.

I also think that there are plenty of people on this board who are ignorant of the garment industry, denim, washing, etc. and are just following trends (myself included). Most of us are simply enthusiasts. I like the fact that this dude is willing to spend time to educate us, or as some may think, "miseducate" us. I don't think he is looking for massive rep, but just sharing something on a denim forum that he is passionate about.

If this were something I wanted to be hailed for, I'd have gone elsewhere. And I have no intentions of being an asshole, I am only arguing points I find to be offensive or wrong based on my tests. Sorry if I have ruined your blog, or for that matter, your day. But I will keep posting for those that do appreciate it. I'll try to post better pictures so you see its real look. I promise it looks more authentic than you think.

^^ true, but he's being a little too arrogant, defensive, etc.

regardless, cool wash/distressing on your jeans , washboy87. they look good, considering it was predistressed. Looking foward to more pics and info.

As a finish developer I have to say Washboy...I'm impressed. I am sure we know each other. As for some of these posts it sounds as if they work in our field and are extremely jealous of what you are doing.

I also do not wear my own product only because I do not like what I do. As far as denim produced outside of the United States, I have to disagree with these denim heads. I personally do not care where the fabric is made. I don't care if its a 6oz. or a 15 oz., left or right hand twill, broken twill, 1 by 1, 2 by 1, 3 by 1, I don't care if it is a chambray, a canvas, jaquard, or a piece dyed twill, I will make anything look better than the crap these phonies wear on a daily basis.

If those that only criticize artistic ability along with hard work, bleeding fingers, pressure from designers, pressure from production, pressure from sales, and developing new finishes on a daily basis, they all can kiss my ass and venture to another thread.

Sorry for the grammer!

Not to be contradictory, but washboy got flamed prior to him doing any flaming. I think some of the folks on this forum need to ease up a bit.

I also think that there are plenty of people on this board who are ignorant of the garment industry, denim, washing, etc. and are just following trends (myself included). Most of us are simply enthusiasts. I like the fact that this dude is willing to spend time to educate us, or as some may think, "miseducate" us. I don't think he is looking for massive rep, but just sharing something on a denim forum that he is passionate about.

^^ true, but he's being a little too arrogant, defensive, etc.

regardless, cool wash/distressing on your jeans , washboy87. they look good, considering it was predistressed. Looking foward to more pics and info.

^ very true rnrswitch. I dont see why people are shooting this guy when hes trying to be one of those japanese fade makers. the dudes TRYINGto show us his work and how to achieve a more realistic fade than your average consumer jeans.

And also, he has every right to be defensive. Read the first couple of replies after his first post and you'll see why.

take this kind of shit back to niketalk.

^^ wait you cant, or it would be extremely difficult?? That would make it look way more natural. Just a thought: what if you starched , wore while damp w/ starch, then resin soaked? does that work, or is that a noob question?

just curious..

yaowenyuan, you're right. Speaking/typing properly doesn't have anything to do with jeans. It has something to do with being educated..

Resins made in most cases with formaldehyde (carcinogen). Most manufacturers in the US keep the level below the EPA levels. Formaldehyde is used as a preservative as resins tend to break down very fast.

Anything permanent press from over seas is sniffed for formaldehyde and held at port if concentration is to high.

At the laundry level for garment manufacturers, all garments are rinsed several times to remove any formaldehyde.

As you all know the sizing in the fabric is for easier weaving. When you get your rigid pant wet, whether it be washing, soaking, or spraying the sizing (starch, or PVA) tend to solubalize. When you wear them wet, the sizing will dry and maintain the wear pattern your perfect bodies created.

Resins need curing, ie drying at 300 degrees f and under for at least 25 minutes. This will hold the crease forever. However there are many variables with resin that can destroy the tensil in the fabric.

1. One of the tags for this thread is "cheating"

2. Yes the shit gets rinsed off the jeans several times before they are sold. But where does the rinsed chemcials go? Into our rivers/lakes/oceans? I mean I'm not one of these "go green" assholes but washing chemicals into water supplies just seems bad for everybody.

3. I personally find it very interesting watching this product develop, whether or not it looks "real" or authentic" doesn't really matter to me, I just want to see the end result.

4. As to everybody that's talking shit, well, I honestly agree with a lot of you, but we should keep tabs on our enemies.

5. Ending statement. Cars after awhile get busted up, chipped, scratched etc... And to parapharse Kiya, you wouldn't buy a new car like that, and you wouldn't do that to a car to sell it to somebody, so why the fuck would you do that to some jeans?

1. Cheating?

2. PPM ( parts per million) are below EPA standards. The amount of resins per day drained from laundries is a gnats ass of the amount of water drained into the system on a daily basis.

3. I couldn't agree with you more.

4. How can you say we are the "enemy" when we are only doing what we love. Our passion is Denim.

5. Tell that to the millions who buy our product. I'm guessing a few more then all of the denim threads on the INTERNET.

Actually Dave is this called a thread. This thread is "shortening lifespan" the forum as a whole is called superdenim. In superdenim there a various threads concentrating on different denim makers, construction and dying information, an EVOLUTION of jeans (that's where people post how their jeans look after certain amounts of time, go check out bungas posts, or lambs posts, or many other posters to see how their jeans look) but overall this subforum of the superfuture supertalk is directly about denim, and more than that most of the collective posters are raw denim enthusiasts. So no wonder your boy got busted on, to put it blunt "we don't take to kindly to your kind around here" and yeah, it has been an interesting read and both of ya'll should have just posted pictures rather than attack anybody.

And on a purists note, what you do Is not authentic at all, you guys are fakers, phonies, cheats, go post some fake Dior homme in the superfashion forum and see how they like you, they won't, trust me.