Buying a second pair of the same jeans

john11f

If an old favorite pair you really like needs to be retired and you like it so much you want to buy exactly the same, which one would it be?

I think everyone who knows me can guess what my choice would be: a pair of Oni blues.:)

How about you?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of repro Lee painter pants. Very rare type with the long ''L'' on the buttons, button fly ( top button is a snap button), suspender buttons, waist cinch and a Lee Union made tag in white and red on the back pocket. These are my favorite summer jeans. I was afraid they wouldn't be made again so I bought another pair a couple weeks later and they're still sitting in my closet waiting to be worn one day. And I'm thinking I could do with a third pair too. If I can find them...

I would've sworn this thread excisted already, but several searches yielded nothing.

(perhaps it has been discussed within another thread?)

Anyway,

For a while I was thinking of getting another pair of the MFSC 7161's for somewhere in the far future but I'll probably just go for the Type 2's instead...

It's interesting.. out of ALL the jeans we've got at Self Edge there's only two models that people come back for a second pair for.. Iron Heart's 634s and Flat Head's 3001.

We've had multiple people buy two or three pairs of the 634s at ONCE to make sure they have them for the next many years...

I too suffer from denim paranoia, fear I won't be able to get more of my favourites. That's why there's a spare pair of LVC 201, 1947 501, and a pair of the old Lee Euro Rider reissues tucked under the bed...

I have this mental image of that drawer in spy movies that has passports, foreign currency, and a gun... except in addition to all that, there's three pairs of jeans.

It's interesting.. out of ALL the jeans we've got at Self Edge there's only two models that people come back for a second pair for.. Iron Heart's 634s and Flat Head's 3001.

We've had multiple people buy two or three pairs of the 634s at ONCE to make sure they have them for the next many years...

I was just gonna say that..I would def. get FH 3001 again - but same as for Cheep - I'd size them up 2 ...LOL

I own 2 pairs of the s5000bk from samurai's. The 2nd pair were from the supermarket at a STEAL for like $100, and had to do it. thanks artificialsky.

first pair is sized down 1, second, better fitting pair is sized down 2. I'll post some fit pics eventually