Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

how did you guys soak your natural indigo SCs. Is there anythign wrong with just throwing them in washer and dryer or should I be more gentle?

you should probably avoid the dryer for a few months unless you want the inside to look like you ran it with a 100 blue crayons in there. and that shit transfers to the next few loads also.

how did you guys soak your natural indigo SCs. Is there anythign wrong with just throwing them in washer and dryer or should I be more gentle?

I did a hot soak then a week later I did a wash (in the tub) followed with another hot soak then I threw it in the dryer on the highest heat setting with a dark coloured towel. Did not mess up my selvedge, did not mess up the snake skin patch, and did not stain the inside of the dryer. I also did not get a lot of indigo loss in the soaks.

You can see pics in the link in my sig below:

I did a hot soak then a week later I did a wash (in the tub) followed with another hot soak then I threw it in the dryer on the highest heat setting with a dark coloured towel. Did not mess up my selvedge, did not mess up the snake skin patch, and did not stain the inside of the dryer. I also did not get a lot of indigo loss in the soaks.

You can see pics in the link in my sig below:

Out of curiosity...did they shrink in legth at all? I assume you did all that to get them to shrink (and they're up for sale because they didn't?)

Out of curiosity...did they shrink in legth at all? I assume you did all that to get them to shrink (and they're up for sale because they didn't?)

I read somewhere (either the tag that came with the jeans or the sugarcane website itself) that it can shrink up to 2 inches or something after the first wash(or soak), but mine didnt shrink in length at all...in fact, they hardly shrank. i have one wash's though.

I read somewhere (either the tag that came with the jeans or the sugarcane website itself) that it can shrink up to 2 inches or something after the first wash(or soak), but mine didnt shrink in length at all...in fact, they hardly shrank. i have one wash's though.

I hope that's the case with the one-wash's. 34" inseams just barely cover me...I wish cane's were offered in longer lengths. :mad:

I had a one wash and they didn't shrink in length at all. They shrank in the waist down to 31" but that stretched back out in one wear.

I'm selling them because as I learned more about denim and refine my taste, I've decided that the '47 ish "anti-fit" look just isn't me. I like more modern cuts.

what are the benifits of using a dryer?

i don't see any so i just hang dry...

Dryers help jeans that have stretched out shrink back to original size and maximize shrinkage. That's why BiG throws jeans in the dryer if you get their one wash service.

I think that all one wash jeans from factories are also thrown in the dryer to maximize shrinkage prior to public consumption.

Does anybody have experience with Sugarcane's bootcut model? I'm looking for something similar to a Ralf.

And out of curiosity, can what's the difference in fit between the Okinawa and the 47? Some sites say that the Okinawa is a lower rise and a wider thigh, with both jeans being similar from the knee down, while other sites say they're pretty even.

Does anybody have experience with Sugarcane's bootcut model? I'm looking for something similar to a Ralf.

And out of curiosity, can what's the difference in fit between the Okinawa and the 47? Some sites say that the Okinawa is a lower rise and a wider thigh, with both jeans being similar from the knee down, while other sites say they're pretty even.

I have both the okinawas and the 47s, and both of your information is right. basically there is a very slight difference in rise and thigh - okinawa having a slightly lower rise and slightly wider thigh, BUT when you wear em, you can't really tell the difference at all, and they look pretty much the same. so you could say that visually they look the same when worn.

Dryers help jeans that have stretched out shrink back to original size and maximize shrinkage. That's why BiG throws jeans in the dryer if you get their one wash service.

I think that all one wash jeans from factories are also thrown in the dryer to maximize shrinkage prior to public consumption.

I hope that most one washed jeans are not put in the dryer. The dryer is a big no-no for jeans, it messes up the cotton/indigo, weakens the fabric and destroys the leather patch. 45rpm even warns you to hang dry.

IMO soak them in hot water 2-3 times while allowing them to dry in between each soaking, you should be able to achieve maximum shrinkage.

I beleive that okinawa is a Lee style fit and 47 is obviously a 501

I have both the okinawas and the 47s, and both of your information is right. basically there is a very slight difference in rise and thigh - okinawa having a slightly lower rise and slightly wider thigh, BUT when you wear em, you can't really tell the difference at all, and they look pretty much the same. so you could say that visually they look the same when worn.

Cool, so which do you like better?

any updated worn pics of Edo Ai's? Mine looks like it's ready for a wash but I'm a bit hesitant. Want to put more wear to accentuate the contrasts. It's hard to distinguish because of the thick layering of natural indigo...

Here are my new Mister Freedom x Sugar Canes. These jeans are absolutely amazing if you want that 1930's workwear look and feel. Here is a link to them on Hinoya, followed by pics of me wearing them.

Note: The pics on Hinoya make the denim's each look a very different color. I spoke to Jared at Mister Freedom while I was there and he told me that he and Christophe purposefully chose the specific pairs they wanted out of the production run, and chose based on how well the legs matched eachother in intital color. Right leg/left top pocket is Hawaii denim; Left leg/right top pocket is Okinanwa denim. Knee patch, inside of button fly and cinch back is Edo Ai. Also be mindful that this Hinoya link says their's are one wash, and mine were sold completely raw; have since been hot soaked. These have amazing detail work throughout. Many more pics to come of the inside/construction of these jeans once I get a chance.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc47161_a/

Enjoy:

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

p.s. I just saw how dark the pics showed up. I will post some in natural light if the sun ever comes out today!

i ordered some 40400s last week. looking forward t getting them and wearing them in. this will be my first pair of canes. it was also a though choice for me between these and the 40500s, but in the end went with the 40400s because i think the colour of them will match better with most of my outfits.

i ordered some 40400s last week. looking forward t getting them and wearing them in. this will be my first pair of canes. it was also a though choice for me between these and the 40500s, but in the end went with the 40400s because i think the colour of them will match better with most of my outfits.

so the blue jeans you bought will go better with your outfits than the blue jeans you didn't buy?

so the blue jeans you bought will go better with your outfits than the blue jeans you didn't buy?

If you have seen the jeans in question, or even decent photos of them, you will see that there is a great difference in color, and the 40500s are indeed harder to find complementary colors for.

Or maybe you're just mouthing off and don't care... ;)

Bill, those are trippy... looking forward to seeing more pics!

If you have seen the jeans in question, or even decent photos of them, you will see that there is a great difference in color, and the 40500s are indeed harder to find complementary colors for.

Or maybe you're just mouthing off and don't care... ;)

Bill, those are trippy... looking forward to seeing more pics!

are there that few complimentary colours to go with blue that has a green undertone?