Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Ok, as promised here are a bunch of pics of the Mister Freedom's. These jeans have a ton of amazing design details so bare with me, there are a lot of pics.

IMG_0496.jpg

The waist band is hand stenciled by Christophe himself. He did about 600 pair...by hand. Crazy

IMG_0497.jpg

The pockets and other points of stress have crazy reinforcing stitching in olive green and then riveted. Come to think of it, all the stitching is olive.

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Selvage edo ai knee patch. The first time I've seen the Edo denim in person. Beautiful green color. The strap part of the buckle back (as in not the part into which the buckle is sewn) is also Edo Ai, as is the inside layer of the button fly.

con't

IMG_0500.jpg

Waistband and fly selvage. Extra little twill pocket inside. This material also lines the inside of the tool pocket and the back of the edo ai buckleback strap

IMG_0502.jpg

Both legs are chainstitch hemmed and then hemmed again inside the leg using a hand stitch. Right leg is normal double selvage outseam

IMG_0503.jpg

Left leg: One sided selvage is on the INSEAM. The left leg actually has no outseam. It is one peice of denim that is wrapped around to create a tube shape. Selvage goes all the way up to the crotch. You can see to the left of the photo the smooth outer wall of the left leg (seen below)

IMG_0501.jpg

last post, promise:

IMG_0504.jpg

At back of left leg, approx mid calf is a "property of" chambray label sewn into the inside. Once Christophe returns from a trip out of town, I will take these back and ask very nicely for him to stencil my name into them.

IMG_0505.jpg

Two, narrow, selvage belt loops in front. The rest of the belt loops are approx three quarters of an inch wide.

IMG_0506.jpg

Antiqued brown kraft tag. Numbered out of 48; the number of pair Mister Freedom will have access to out of the production run of approx 600 (I forget the actual number)

just came back from pioneer square mall in Portland downtown and there was one store selling sugarcane jeans, i saw some 47's, union star, hawaiis, okinawas and some hardwash style.

any portland people been to this shop? i think its called collier, they also has kato brand jeans

My first post here gents and I'm after a little advice. Stumbled accross this site while searching for a Acronym GT-J12. Anyway, bought a pair of Sugar Cane 47s one wash the other day. Read this thread before buying and decided on a 38". Arrived the other day, fit perfectly on the waist but as you can hopefully see in the pictures clown like everywhere else. Read the thread again and consensus seems to be they will shrink a bit but might stretch also. I wanted them loose but I don't want young children pointing and laughing at me as I walk down the street! Do I need a different size or is there any hope?

sugarcanes002ps4.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img301/9281/1176453027ci6.smil

http://img132.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img132/6621/1176453640mhw.smil

cheers

I had the exact same problem with my 1947s and I normally wear a size 36. I dont think this cut works well for bigger guys. Try the SC40400, that one is a lot more forgiving...

just came back from pioneer square mall in Portland downtown and there was one store selling sugarcane jeans, i saw some 47's, union star, hawaiis, okinawas and some hardwash style.

any portland people been to this shop? i think its called collier, they also has kato brand jeans

Yeah, the owner is named Brent, really nice guy. Last I saw him he'd been wearing the same pair of Kato's for at least two months straight. I picked up a pair of Kato's from him middle of last month, I'll see if they age well at all.

I think he carries Agave too, but it just looked really bland.

Yeah, the owner is named Brent, really nice guy. Last I saw him he'd been wearing the same pair of Kato's for at least two months straight. I picked up a pair of Kato's from him middle of last month, I'll see if they age well at all.

I think he carries Agave too, but it just looked really bland.

great news - thanks for the tip tedsu and theetruscan.

I had the exact same problem with my 1947s and I normally wear a size 36. I dont think this cut works well for bigger guys. Try the SC40400, that one is a lot more forgiving...

How did yours end up fitting after wear and washes? I was thinking about picking up some 47's but if they look for for 36 waist then i might reconsider.

I am really not sure what to make of these...

Maybe I'd like them more if they were worn and the patches would be put on to fix holes and stuff...

Aren't those patchy jeans the same ones the dude has all the pics of on this page & the previous?

I like the beat up black ones...where are those from?

beatle: from Bill's pics it looks like the patches and all are more similar in terms of colour...and there's the kick of wearing all of sugar cane's denim at the same time :o

gimmegimme: they're samurais, actually. S5000BK?

Damn...I was so close to buying a pair of those, but BiG didn't have my size left, so I went with Imperial instead. I have too many jeans on the go right now...but damn! Those look so good!