Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

they are pretty tight when i actually do them up on my waist, i was very surprised the button gave way though cause there wasnt that much stress on it.

managed to graze my knuckle on the denim, thats how bloody hard it is!

they should soften up though after a week or so, i walk 30mins to and from work every day so that will help

emit, those 2 jeans look like they fit so similiarly its almost a question as why you would need both.

The 710 being slightly more fitting + tappered below the knee right?

* from the pictures you only notice the crotch being tight and the stacks looking different*

Here's my Samurai S0110XJ at 4 months. They'll be washed and shelved before too long, as it'll be too warm for them soon...

Those Jins look awesome!

I have a pair of 5000bks I LOVE, but want to get another pair of Sams for summer. Debating between Jins or USA's or 0500's.

The 5000 cut is perfect fit for my 50ish stubby (36 waist 30 inseam) bod style. I am intrigued by the Texas Cotton 0500's but I am thinking the rise is too high because jeans sag down naturally on me...

Are these Jins going to be less comfortable for summer wear than the USA's and 0500s?

Aren't they not as slubby textured than the others?

emit, those 2 jeans look like they fit so similiarly its almost a question as why you would need both.

* from the pictures you only notice the crotch being tight and the stacks looking different*

you answered your own question...lets be honest, no matter wat denim you get, samurai, eternal, sda, etc, the fit isnt gonna be too far off from ecahother. its the denim itself that makes the huge difference as ewll as slight fit differences

I wear the 5000s to work and they are the perfect slim straight comfort fit for me.

The 710s work well with slip-ons, authentics, boat shoes, summer shoes in general. I am walking all over the hem if I wear the 5000s with summer shoes.

On the other hand the 5000s work amazingly well as a slimmer fit that doesn't look rediculous with my Red Wings or work boots in general.

you answered your own question...lets be honest, no matter wat denim you get, samurai, eternal, sda, etc, the fit isnt gonna be too far off from ecahother. its the denim itself that makes the huge difference as ewll as slight fit differences

Hmm, whats the difference in denim of the 710 and 5000?

* other than weight.*

Those Jins look awesome!

I have a pair of 5000bks I LOVE, but want to get another pair of Sams for summer. Debating between Jins or USA's or 0500's.

The 5000 cut is perfect fit for my 50ish stubby (36 waist 30 inseam) bod style. I am intrigued by the Texas Cotton 0500's but I am thinking the rise is too high because jeans sag down naturally on me...

Are these Jins going to be less comfortable for summer wear than the USA's and 0500s?

Thanks! I really enjoy them, but I think they'll have to be put on hold because of the impending heat. I think that for summer one of the other cuts would be better because I believe they're made of 15oz fabric rather than 17. I cannot comment on the slub, as this is my only Samurai.

As far as heat goes I was speaking to Gordon about this last week and he said its not really the oz.'s but the weave it self. The 21 oz.'s have a looser weave so they actually tend to breathe easier. He warned me that my jins might be too hot for the summer though because of the tighter weave (LHT incase you're wondering). I wore my texas 510's all through summer and they got pretty sweaty so I ended up washing them every month. We'll have to see how the jins hold up.

By semantics I meant that the term hidden to him could be different than the standard notion of Samurai hidden arctuates. To him, the black thread symbolizes a hidden arc. Sorry for having this moronic discussion in a thread. If you want to call them hidden, ninja,or black threaded my point is that he has them and knows what they are and it is pretty corny to correct him on it.

Those Jins look awesome!

My fit pics are on page 16, although I'm a lot younger than you (17), I've got somewhat of a stubby body at 34" waist and 30" inseam. I love the 0500's and think its an amazing cut, so far I've got to say these are my favorite jeans I've ever worn, and I've only had them for 6 days!!!

710s still need to stretch a bit too. The waist is fine, but the thigh/crotch area is a little restrictive.

this is probably my biggest qualm about the 710s, the area is noticeably snug
is the 5000 as slubby as the 710?
Yeah...same (except the weight) as far as the feel goes.

i dont know about this emmit.. from my experience my 710 denim was way slubbier than all the vx denim ive felt

I gave in... my 710s are currently soaking, then denim was just too hard
was only a matter of time. only chuck norris can hadle raw 710s.