Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

My 710s are on the way. Stoked. Need to get them hemmed though. I might take them down to Blue Owl in Seattle to get them chain-stitched along with my PBJ xx007. How much additional length should I leave for post-soak/wash shrinkage? 2inches?
...why don't you soak first, then hem?

Agreed. Soak first, then hem. Won't make any difference for the fading and will take the guesswork out of the process. To be really sure about removing shrinkage before hemming, give em a tumble dry, too.

definitely soak first. I got my DC4001 hemmed at Blue Owl and they even went out of there way to find thicker stitching that complimented the same material used for the rest of the stitching on the jean. Cant go wrong! Jay is the man!

My 710s are on the way. Stoked. Need to get them hemmed though. I might take them down to Blue Owl in Seattle to get them chain-stitched along with my PBJ xx007. How much additional length should I leave for post-soak/wash shrinkage? 2inches?

definitely soak first. I got my DC4001 hemmed at Blue Owl and they even went out of there way to find thicker stitching that complimented the same material used for the rest of the stitching on the jean. Cant go wrong! Jay is the man!

I live on Vancouver Island. We're planning a Seattle trip for end of March. A month and a half I won't be able to wear my 710s :(

Got my 710s last night. Hot soak for about an hour or so. Shrunk up nicely...pretty snug in waist, but bearable. These are going to look good once they get hemmed. Glad I went with 32. These things are mad stiff.

The waist will stretch like crazy. Mine are a size 33 and they stretched to 35" (!!!)