Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

If my waist is 31", what size do I need to get in the s710?

I was thinking a size 29 because that translates to 30.5" according to BiG. I also do not plan on hot-soaking it. Do I have to? Is this strictly shrink-to-fit, or can I simply just wear it and then wash it for the first time later after having worn it for awhile?

Also, how does the S710 compare to the S0505XX? It seems like no one gets the s0505, which I'm also really interested in because of the zipper fly (really sick of button flys).

If my waist is 31", what size do I need to get in the s710?

I was thinking a size 29 because that translates to 30.5" according to BiG. I also do not plan on hot-soaking it. Do I have to? Is this strictly shrink-to-fit, or can I simply just wear it and then wash it for the first time later after having worn it for awhile?

Also, how does the S710 compare to the S0505XX? It seems like no one gets the s0505, which I'm also really interested in because of the zipper fly (really sick of button flys).

it depends what lot you get. just email them your waist and see what gordon thinks and what different lots they have in stock. you absolutely should hot soak or wash them when getting them. all samurais will shrink a great deal for at least the first 3-4 times they touch water. if you dont feel comfortable doing this, maybe sams arent right for you and you should try a pair of sanforized denim.

try reading up on the first page of this thread. it should answer all of your questions.

unsanforized denim will shrink quite a bit. if you do forgo the hot soak, all of your combs and stacks will be misaligned when the inseams shrink up when you wash your sams for the first time after having worn them for a while,

+1 on avonalliv8's advice, give gordon a call at BiG and work it out with him.

People overstate the problem of your "stacks and combs" moving, it's not like they are going to move 8 inches. The stacks are still at the bottom of your legs, and the everything else will move an inch or inch and a half at most. If you really don't want to soak the jeans will not combust, so do what you wanna.

That said, it's still a very good idea to give them a soak to get some of the starch and sizing out of the denim, if you don't you will increase the likelihood of rips and tears happening.

it will if wherever you wear your jeans is 32".

As long as you fit your jeans to your true waist, normal wear shouldn't stretch out past your raw state waist measurement. If you size down a lot you can probably stretch the waist out past raw on some models by .5-1" (maybe more if you go ballcruncher).

that is absolutely true. i would even recommend 1-2 hot washes.
my 710s fit like garbage bags before three hot soaks got them down to fit slim. Just another thing to keep in mind if you dont soak em.

same, took me about 4/5 warm soaks to get them down to a fit i was happy with. i went tts btw.

almost 3 months in and they still shrink after being soaked.

^ thedoad, did you hem those ? inseam looks a little short .

it is for sure. I bought them from another member at a very low price since his tailor Cut them hem too much. . They look much better in non slip on's but Frankly I'm fine with it after wearing a few stacked pairs. especially @ the price. Another Inch would be nice but here we are.

The 510 is by far my favorite cut for the Samurais. It is a real workers cut. Leaves room for moving freely and no worries of crotch blowouts.