Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^About three ish years ago (damn has it really been that long) there was a steady debate between the FH3001 and the Samurai 710 and which one was better...Some swore by the 710 and it's "better fitting top block", and while it isn't exactly like the 3001/310's, it is a slimmer fit like the FH's..However it does sound like you're leaning more towards a 0500 cut...

Looking to pick up a pair of Samurais and I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the numbering system and how it correlates to the different cuts- even after reading through this thread a bit, anyone shed some light on this for a newbie? Looking for something comparable to FH3001s, or just a standard straight cut.

did you happen to look at the first page at all? gimme did a really good job listing the different cuts and model #s

The 0500 is a mid-rise slim straight.

The 5000 is a lower-rise slim straight.

There is an even slimmer, low-rise cut, but the model # escapes me - was posted a while back.

The 0500 is actually a tapered straight cut. The 710 is a slim straight. Don't get the two confused.

@choice - The tighter the fit or more you size down, the more noticeable it'll be. If you keep them somewhat relaxed, it shouldn't be a problem.

regret not getting the 710 x 2nd jeans now...

how much shrinking can i expect from a size 34 0500? that would be a size down from my natural 35in waist, since i heard these stretch a ton. im hopeing it wont be unbearable but i also want to because the thigh on the 35 is too large, need something slimmer, and a smaller leg opening. what do you guys think?

Just got some 0500 Lot 12, shrunk pretty much as per samurai's guide, which ain't a lot. Feels like I could have sized down one, but I wear jeans for years so they'll probably shrink a bit more over x amount of machine washes and fit perfectly in time.

My 24/27oz'rs came back from Denim Doctors yesterday, if you recall I had them tapered down to s710 measurements. I purposefully waited until I had put a about a month of wear into them so that they would be tapered after the denim had stretched out a bit. Then, after a hot soak and line dry:

2akiudy.jpg

(brightness and contrast fucked with to show fit)

Extremely happy with the immediate fit considering the post-soak stiffness; after a couple of days they will settle in perfectly.

The alteration work is top notch: selvage left intact, hems re-chainstitched perfectly, inner leg taper stitching looks sturdy as hell, maybe better than the factory stitch. Huge shout out to DD for their mastery of the craft.

So there you go, skinniest/heaviest denim on the block; stay crunchy my friends.