Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

after 2 years and at least 10 washes, my 0500's are still shrinking. does this make sense?

It does....Gordon explained it to me this way...fibers are getting thinner with every wash - and when they dry they close the space in between them ...thus - shrinkage

been vacationing in LA over new years and had a chance to stop by denim doctors to get my s510 24oz's tapered down to my favorite s710 measurements; even though they've had >30 wears in them the stiffness of the 24oz denim makes the relaxed cut look awkward from the knee down if you go TTS and have normal/slim calves.

anyway, dr. robert was awesome and got me all sorted out right quickly, they should be back in my hands within 2 weeks which is great because it looks like ATL has frozen over while I was gone...

damn tapering 24 oz. sounds like a lot of work for denim doctors.

post pics when you get them back

yeah Rob asked if they were 21s and I told him they were 24s/27s but duder didn't flinch, although he did put an extra note on them (can't say it had anything to do with the weight or difficulty of tapering though). If anyone can do it, I'm sure it's these guys.

I only had them tapered and left the top block as is because the lap already has started to fade significantly, although Rob said that alteration there was doable as well, so it'll be kind of a hybrid in that regard.

Fun little fact, to correctly alter the top block requires a $7,000 machine to restitch the yoke in the original manner of the manufacturer (double something, I can't remember; should have been taking notes).

been vacationing in LA over new years and had a chance to stop by denim doctors to get my s510 24oz's tapered down to my favorite s710 measurements; even though they've had >30 wears in them the stiffness of the 24oz denim makes the relaxed cut look awkward from the knee down if you go TTS and have normal/slim calves.

anyway, dr. robert was awesome and got me all sorted out right quickly, they should be back in my hands within 2 weeks which is great because it looks like ATL has frozen over while I was gone...

Wow sounds like a dream pair of jeans!