Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

dont ask anymore additional questions until you read through the thread.

can this be the new standard for help? the average poster does not seem to have read the thread he or she is posting in.

We seriously need a dam sizing thread for all Japanese Jeans so people stop shitting up the regular threads.
Seriously. Fitting and sizing is already in the thread. It doesn't take that long to look

this thread has great sizing advice on the first page. could be better tho which leads too...

We need an automated filter so every time certain combinations of phrases are written the post gets routed to the small questions thread.

"how much" + "shrink" for instance.

Maybe next christmas :P

.. isn't this what mods are for? deleting and moving posts? traffic cops for the message board??

PEACE

as a side note: this board like most other boards, ineffectively uses the current technology. or has "weak" mods. how ever you want to see it.

the patch on the take five collab is cool. I like the arcs even more. double tabs is growing on me. :) +rep

Samurai flagship store + head office...

IMG_4763.jpg

The store is badass. One thing that stood out was a special edition jean called "Good Bye 2009". (If this has already been featured here, sorry, I havent been following the thread so closely.) The pocket flasher was amazing, it was pinkish-purple and had cartoon drawings of Obama, Michael Jackson, Kim Jong Il with a missle and some other hilarious things. It was indigo 21oz denim, but I dont remember what fit or other details... The staff said it was only available at the flagship store. Oh, and you get a free printed selvedge denim 2010 calendar if you buy...

I picked up:

Black Samurai canvas sneakers. Made in Japan...

IMG_4814.jpg

It came with a 2010 calendar and some Samurai stickers...

IMG_4813.jpg

so that makes spending 200+ on vans ok?

theyre not vans. and if thats the case, we could say the same thing about jeans. Jeans, for the most part, look alike so why spend $300+ when we can just go to the mall and get some damn Gap Selvage or H&M selvage. :rolleyes: some people want to buy what they want, which is why i and many others spend so much on certain things

ehh he's got a point though, pretty hypocritical to diss on the shoes but hype out over the jeans, they seem innocuous enough.

I don't know how you could walk out of the HQ without denim though...unless there were too many sick pairs to choose between (not possible).

ehh he's got a point though, pretty hypocritical to diss on the shoes but hype out over the jeans, they seem innocuous enough.

I don't know how you could walk out of the HQ without denim though...unless there were too many sick pairs to choose between (not possible).

Easy answer... I already have way too many jeans, and, I just recently bought the Samurai 24oz. Also, whilst in Osaka I destroyed my shoes, so I just wanted a simple new black pair.

theyre not vans. and if thats the case, we could say the same thing about jeans. Jeans, for the most part, look alike so why spend $300+ when we can just go to the mall and get some damn Gap Selvage or H&M selvage. :rolleyes: some people want to buy what they want, which is why i and many others spend so much on certain things

For the jeans, we could argue about the quality of the denim.

As for the shoes, they're both made of canvas.

Easy answer... I already have way too many jeans, and, I just recently bought the Samurai 24oz. Also, whilst in Osaka I destroyed my shoes, so I just wanted a simple new black pair.

do you man

did you happen to take any pics inside the HQ or was that not allowed?

That seems alittle much for canvas shoes unless they were some thick heavy canvas that would last longer that vans. They look cool the canvas of the black ones has a nicer look than vans IMO. It's stuff like this that I don't exactly get about some clothing offered by companies. Like flannels and things how much different can they really be aside from heavier to justify a 300 price tag. Jeans I totally get and support but 80-100 t-shirts seems a bit of over kill.

Thumbs up on the shoes those.

this is absurd. it is well established that expensive repro denim is not more durable than STF levis. To say that they are both made of canvas, so they are both the same (quality) shoes is ridiculous. People hype out over visvims... people hype out over all sorts of things. the myth that we buy expensive denim because it lasts longer or whatever was debunked long ago....

this is absurd. it is well established that expensive repro denim is not more durable than STF levis. To say that they are both made of canvas, so they are both the same (quality) shoes is ridiculous. People hype out over visvims... people hype out over all sorts of things. the myth that we buy expensive denim because it lasts longer or whatever was debunked long ago....

What brands are you talking about? Are you comparing LVC's vs. Samurai's vs Ironhearts or are you talking about other overhyped department store premium crap?

For me the gold standard in repro is Samurai, Iron Heart and Studio D'Artisan and Fullcount.