Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Gimme - why not just use another piece of denim ..it does'nt necessarely have to be the same kind...also - 17 oz denim for a repair job is pretty heavy...might be better to use some light weight

I was going to...but I'd have to actually cut up something else. Unfortunately for us tall folks, no scraps are left behind when we buy something new. I guess I can just buy a crappy pair of whatevers from the thrift shop.

Basically, the denim creases, the creases fade, and at points of stress, those faded creases wear through. Such is life I guess. :(

Yeah a crotch rivet won't help in the spots that I wear my crotch out.

I wish 2nd had included the denim they hemmed off of my 5000s, but I'm going to use my 710 denim for patches (as soon as I hem them).

Just went and picked up my 710BK from BiG, they do indeed have hidden arcs like the USA model, not just black stitching like the indigo ones. They look great from what I can tell without trying them on, unfortunately I'm working crazy hours so I won't get a chance to soak them for a couple of days. I was bummed that I couldn't buy the SExFH black joints because my money was tied up in these, but now that I have them I couldn't care less. Fit pics in a few days...

So I'm thinking of making a pair of Sammies my next jean. So far I own even stevens, new standards and dry bones. I want to get some heavy sammies with a tough dye job that have a relaxed leg and a semi-high rise. Are these the 500s? I just want something more relaxed than the jeans I listed but also maybe a moderate taper or no bootcut. I guess the 710s are similar to what I've been wearing?

So I'm thinking of making a pair of Sammies my next jean. So far I own even stevens, new standards and dry bones. I want to get some heavy sammies with a tough dye job that have a relaxed leg and a semi-high rise. Are these the 500s? I just want something more relaxed than the jeans I listed but also maybe a moderate taper or no bootcut. I guess the 710s are similar to what I've been wearing?

500's arent really heavy...relatively i gues, but at 15 oz, its the lightest of the sam bunch. while they have a bit more in the thighs, if you want something a bit more relaxed with a slight taper, then 5000VX might be a better idea since its 17oz also.

Just went and picked up my 710BK from BiG, they do indeed have hidden arcs like the USA model, not just black stitching like the indigo ones. They look great from what I can tell without trying them on, unfortunately I'm working crazy hours so I won't get a chance to soak them for a couple of days. I was bummed that I couldn't buy the SExFH black joints because my money was tied up in these, but now that I have them I couldn't care less. Fit pics in a few days...
500's arent really heavy...relatively i gues, but at 15 oz, its the lightest of the sam bunch. while they have a bit more in the thighs, if you want something a bit more relaxed with a slight taper, then 5000VX might be a better idea since its 17oz also.
I noticed BiG is selling a 21 ounce version of these babies right now :eek:

Do you think the inseam will be all right for a 6'4'' guy after soak?

I noticed BiG is selling a 21 ounce version of these babies right now :eek:

Do you think the inseam will be all right for a 6'4'' guy after soak?

you should be fine if you do a cold soak. im 6'5 and my USA models have only had a half hour cold soak.

Revsta - if the inseam of other oants that you own is a 36 of shorter you should be fine as thats about what samurais shrink up to after a hot wash.

c.lopez - you are aware that the jeans will shrink a couple inches in the inseam after a hot wash, if you are ever planning to hot wash your jeans. a cold soak wont get the shrinkage out of them. a hot soak wont even get all the shrinkage out of samurai. the best way is a hot wash.

i notice there on blueingreensoho.com they dont have that signature samurai backpocket stitching and i see some on here that do, different models or where its made?

They are made in Japan. Other stores just import them.

okayyyy so do i have to proxy a pair of sams with the arcs and red tab? or does BiG have 710s with the hidden arcs. they never make a point of having them or not having them on the description of the jeans.

i notice there on blueingreensoho.com they dont have that signature samurai backpocket stitching and i see some on here that do, different models or where its made?

where the hell have you been. Levis lawsuit, samurais cant have pocket arctuates anymore in the US. you have to order from Japan to have the backpocket stitching and red tab.

where the hell have you been. Levis lawsuit, samurais cant have pocket arctuates anymore in the US. you have to order from Japan to have the backpocket stitching and red tab.

Thats what i had been wondering.. A long time ago i read about that, with levis and such. Thats why i asked if i had to buy them through proxy. Someone on this thread had said they picked up the 710BKs with hidden arcs from BiG. sooo i wasnt sure exactly what that meant BiG was selling. Thanks though.

Thats what i would want.. which models have the hidden arcs? they dont specify on the website. is it just the US model and the 710bk? i dont expect a wealth of answers. whatever works. i might just call BiG tomorrow haha i've also read the guide to ordering from 2nd. i might just do that instead. i want another pair hehe

Quick post 2am soak update on the 710 BK: Did 45 minute hot water soak last night, I don't have full set of measurements but the waist shrunk to the tag size and most other areas did lose about 1/2 inch just as the BiG size chart says. Inseam shrunk to right around 36. Quick fit pics, sorry for quality:

bkfront.jpg

bkback.jpg

bkside.jpg