Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Guest youkinorn
Seems like a Samurai small questions thread is about the only thing that could help.

That or people could take the time to do some research on their own and use some common sense. Maybe too much to ask.

And I'm not even to try to sound like I'm some sort of expert. I only own one pair of samurai jeans...but there's so much knowledge on here it just seems like people could take the time to learn something. I guess a general lack of patience isn't anything new, though.

I realize the thread has been a bit boring as of late, but things have been a bit stagnent.

Having said that, the only news I can report is this:

http://www.samurai-j.com/contents/jeans/s710bk19oz/index.htm

Black, 19oz. 710's! (I realize they've been discussed...but whatevs)

Hidden arcs, silver selvedge, and the usual attention to detail.

294hyys.jpg

It would be great if everyone could post some pics...of progress, random weekend outtings...anything! Pics keep every thread interesting.

Sorry its been dull...not much as been happening with Samurai lately it seems.

yeah you're right mate...maybe I just need to get off my ass and take some pics ;)

Thanks chaps. Looks like the 510 for me. I notice it comes in 15, 19 and 21 oz... how do you choose? Is heavier better for cold weather?

i personally prefer the thicker denim over the lighter. 14.5oz is as low as i ever go (excluding the period correct lighter denim on exact repros) and 21 is as hi as ill ever go, though it does bother me at times, the actual weight of them being worn and the overall shape of 21oz denim is MUCH different than 17, even some 19oz jeans. the cloth kinda gets a mind of its own at this weight and doesnt fall/drape on your body like more normal, lighter weights, this is my biggest qualm about the 21 oz. it seems like the 17-19oz range is my personal favorite

Isn't the 505 the same as the 501 but with a zipper fly?

no, im pretty sure the 505 cut is slimmer and more "hip" than the 501 as well. im pretty positive but can someone confirm this?

this thread makes me sad
:( agree 12345

thirded :( :( :(

This thread needed more pics so here.

S0510xx 1yr 1 month. Washed monthly after three washed and usually tumble dryed. These are gonna be retired seeing as how the whiskers have started to rip on the inner thigh and I'm really just wearing the jins now.

ehxhma.jpg

zv67n8.jpg

rurzg7.jpg

2m6tvlg.jpg

15zmqhc.jpg

Awesome pics...keep 'em comin'!

Beatle - those should be framed.

Dino - from levi's website:

"Similar in style to the 501® Original Jean, but with a zipper fly. Sits at the waist and fits straight through the seat, thigh and leg. Classic five-pocket styling."

From the pic though, I'd say you're right...they're a bit slimmer looking and more hipster. To the guy that asked - I'd say 710.

Casper, that's more weight to my choice to monthly wash after 3mths :)

Good job. ;)

sooo... are you saying i shoudl wash mine? Worn them since jan 1st. they arrived on the 31st of dec. I really dont wanna wash them right now haha, but will it make them more beautiful?

Did you start off with a soak?

Yes i did.. lukewarm for a while. They were sSOOOOOOOo stiff when they dried. It was heavenly

gordon has measurements for the 710blks up. looks like the sizing problem from lot 10 is gone.... yay, dont have to (pretendlike) sizeup :)

My 5000's are tearing and I was wondering if anyone has a small scrap of VX denim lying around that they could part with??? :confused:

I don't really want to ask Gordon because I didn't buy them from him, and I had asked Toshiko, but I'm not sure if that will ever show.

I'd be most appreciative and will gladly compensate for postage, etc.

My 5000's are tearing and I was wondering if anyone has a small scrap of VX denim lying around that they could part with??? :confused:

I don't really want to ask Gordon because I didn't buy them from him, and I had asked Toshiko, but I'm not sure if that will ever show.

I'd be most appreciative and will gladly compensate for postage, etc.

Yikes...how'd that happen?

Apparently I'm hard on my crotch. :eek:

That seems to be the typical stress point on Sams. Hence, why I'm glad I have the crotch rivet, and I why I am sticking to the monthly washing. I want this to be my only pair of jeans for at least a year.

That seems to be the typical stress point on Sams. Hence, why I'm glad I have the crotch rivet, and I why I am sticking to the monthly washing. I want this to be my only pair of jeans for at least a year.

Basically, the denim creases, the creases fade, and at points of stress, those faded creases wear through. Such is life I guess. :(

Basically, the denim creases, the creases fade, and at points of stress, those faded creases wear through. Such is life I guess. :(

Yep and then people try to get all clever and say things like "Hole for easy access hmm?"