Supreme 2008 S/S

Dead_Wizard

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy clusterfuck batman. Supreme NYC line up was the thing of legends. After talking to the dude who does "security" for them it started to make sense. They were supposed to set up the police barricades closer to the sidewalk so that the line would have been single file, just lined up on Jersey street->Crosby. Problem was no one did it, so you had a line that stayed the exact same length for 4 hours, but quadrupled in density. After Ryan Hickey came out flipping out that the cops were coming and they were closing down they forced most of the line back to Jersey street. At this point I hopped to the front and got a chance to look at the stock.

T's were 28 dollars, Kermit T was 44 (which I resold as I walked out the front door). They restocked throughout the day, and had all the designs we've seen plus one photo T that I hadn't seen. Kermit T is real easy to get so don't worry about it, it's the only one that hadn't sold out throughout the day. T shirt sizing seems like it's back to Summer 07. The medium I got is VERY small compared to my regular Supreme mediums. The one dude was telling me everything runs real small this season.

Hats were limited. They had the single colored spring beanies, which were like 24 bucks. S fitteds were in stock and were 48. They had the Surfstyle font snapback which I didn't check the price on. Box Caps are now 46 dollars retail. Had some ugly starter caps too, including one leather one which were similarly priced.

Outerwear was depressing. Pricing and quality was all over the place. The best deal was probably the Jeans, which were 128. They had the flag hoodies which were a good deal too, at 118. Also in stock were a lot of the new flannels (118), and the zip stripe hoodies with the tiny crest on them (136). The field jacket was very :( When I first saw it I thought they dropped a Safari shirt, thats how thin it was. It was priced at 210 to, which I just couldn't justify when this thing was practically identical to the 30 dollar one Uniqlo dropped a few weeks ago. The cotton stripe parka was real stiff and thin also, but I guess it's really just a light outerwear kind of piece (230)

*forgot

Bunch of the neato miscellanous stuff was in stock. Zippo was 46, Ashtray was 8 dollars, Fuck'em Keychain was 3 dollars, Fuck bottle openers were 3 dollars. They had a new tote bag too, with the Surfstyle logo on it. Backpack was 148. I picked one up but haven't had a chance to even take it out of the packaging.

after today I don't think I'm ever lining up for a new supreme release. It was literally the biggest ISS/Hypebeast circle jerk I've ever had the misfortune of being a part of. My two favorite characters were the 15 year old jewish kid walking around puffing on a cigarette making shout outs to people in line, who went into his parents car and changed into his Kermit T and walked up and down the line up trying to make conversation. There was also a really overweight dude wearing skin tight nudies. Honestly it looked like Baby Huey got into a fight with a pair of levi's. Speaking of overweight, I didn't see one chick under 150 pounds on that line.

STEP YOUR GAME UP NYC.

hate to ask but were the nhl hoodies out and were they in the same colorways as the flag hoody (navy/blue, black, pink/teal)? i know it will be shown on the shop website next week but might be able to send someone to pick one up for me on the weekend.

The cotton stripe parka was real stiff and thin also, but I guess it's really just a light outerwear kind of piece (230)

wow, that sucks, I was really planning on getting it, but $230.... fuck that shit...

Large check plaid wasn't in if I recall correctly, they had "Spring Flannels" which were just regular flannels in different colorways. The blue/red/purple one was nice. They were 118 though, I'm guessing thats going to be standard for button downs this season.

Short sleeve oxfords were not in stock, I wanted one :(

Stripe polos were in stock and were 80. They also had a overdyed SUPREME 08 hockey jersey looking T, didn't catch the price, but I'm guessing around 75 like last years football ones.

NHL Hoodie was just black and blue and white, no pink and teal afaik.

The photo T was a dude sitting with two naked chicks next to him. It's a photograph I've seen before but really just can't recall. Sorry for the vagueness, hope someone snapped a pic.

*edit

Duffel bags were HUGE. Didn't catch the price but the picture doesn't really give you a good scale. Definetly as big as the backpack, capacity wise.

Holy clusterfuck batman. Supreme NYC line up was the thing of legends. After talking to the dude who does "security" for them it started to make sense. They were supposed to set up the police barricades closer to the sidewalk so that the line would have been single file, just lined up on Jersey street->Crosby. Problem was no one did it, so you had a line that stayed the exact same length for 4 hours, but quadrupled in density. After Ryan Hickey came out flipping out that the cops were coming and they were closing down they forced most of the line back to Jersey street. At this point I hopped to the front and got a chance to look at the stock.

T's were 28 dollars, Kermit T was 44 (which I resold as I walked out the front door). They restocked throughout the day, and had all the designs we've seen plus one photo T that I hadn't seen. Kermit T is real easy to get so don't worry about it, it's the only one that hadn't sold out throughout the day. T shirt sizing seems like it's back to Summer 07. The medium I got is VERY small compared to my regular Supreme mediums. The one dude was telling me everything runs real small this season.

Hats were limited. They had the single colored spring beanies, which were like 24 bucks. S fitteds were in stock and were 48. They had the Surfstyle font snapback which I didn't check the price on. Box Caps are now 46 dollars retail. Had some ugly starter caps too, including one leather one which were similarly priced.

Outerwear was depressing. Pricing and quality was all over the place. The best deal was probably the Jeans, which were 128. They had the flag hoodies which were a good deal too, at 118. Also in stock were a lot of the new flannels (118), and the zip stripe hoodies with the tiny crest on them (136). The field jacket was very :( When I first saw it I thought they dropped a Safari shirt, thats how thin it was. It was priced at 210 to, which I just couldn't justify when this thing was practically identical to the 30 dollar one Uniqlo dropped a few weeks ago. The cotton stripe parka was real stiff and thin also, but I guess it's really just a light outerwear kind of piece (230)

*forgot

Bunch of the neato miscellanous stuff was in stock. Zippo was 46, Ashtray was 8 dollars, Fuck'em Keychain was 3 dollars, Fuck bottle openers were 3 dollars. They had a new tote bag too, with the Surfstyle logo on it. Backpack was 148. I picked one up but haven't had a chance to even take it out of the packaging.

after today I don't think I'm ever lining up for a new supreme release. It was literally the biggest ISS/Hypebeast circle jerk I've ever had the misfortune of being a part of. My two favorite characters were the 15 year old jewish kid walking around puffing on a cigarette making shout outs to people in line, who went into his parents car and changed into his Kermit T and walked up and down the line up trying to make conversation. There was also a really overweight dude wearing skin tight nudies. Honestly it looked like Baby Huey got into a fight with a pair of levi's. Speaking of overweight, I didn't see one chick under 150 pounds on that line.

STEP YOUR GAME UP NYC.

ROFL at last paragraph lol .. people were skipping .. kids wrre acting like "thugs" and all that.. kinda sad but all went well with my pickups lol .. the vitamin water truck that gave out free drinks was funny also

T shirt measurements for a medium are...

Length-27"

Pit to Pit-19"

Shoulder to shoulder-17"

which is almost identical to my summer 07 T's. Length is the only difference, this being about 1.5 inches longer.

Large is

Length-29"

pit to pit-21"

shoulder to shoulder-19"

Jesus, this is the first time I'm sticking my neck out for "Rape HQ", as in the past, like yourself have slated that place.

The Kermit tees are £35 from Hideout and they have 12 in each size. That's what, £12-£13 more expensive than retail in the US (even then I'm guessing $44/£22 is excluding tax). Then you factor in the cost of shipping, EMS starting price is $34 (£17) for 2lbs, so really you're not saving that much. Fair enough on the bottle openers (£5) and Zippo lighters (£40), but even then the money you're saving is marginal. Toppled with the fact you're based in London, so you won't have to fork out £35 on a stupid 2hr train fare journey to get there in the first place.

Maybe I've been brainwashed, as the past few times I've been to Hideout, I've actually received really good service, bar that Scottish girl who works there.

You've got a point mate.

But from my past experiences i refuse to hand over my hard earned cash to that store.

I would rather take the chance and cop it online or something.

Constructed T's were out, the stripe team ones weren't. No idea what the flannels fit like, but they did look slim, probably same as last seasons. And thanks for the props guys, I guess talking about a traumatic experience is the first part of therapy :o

T's were constantly getting restocked throughout the day. You'd have periods where every colorway/size was available and times where it was limited. Security dude was saying they were running back and forth from a warehouse with stock the whole day.

^^ for REAL. i don't understand the obsession of "dressing up" for a supreme drop.

i saw one dude this morning w/ a red nbhd x sup hat, the red nike varsity jacket from last season, red sb supreme dunk hi's, he just looked like a complete tool.

This dude just came out of nowhere, paid the security $40 to get ahead of the line, bought a Kermit T and left. The definition of tool.