Academi Denim

joey_formal

Guest kyotousa
Wearing these right now bout 2 weeks in for 80 bucks these are nice jeans.

my button snagged while skating and biking but had it put back on.

seriously my middle button broke also...some quality control issue?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kyotousa

I exchanged it yesterday and this time middle button is good (at least for now)....same size and everything.

I got the grey modified straight version. I like the fit, the pic on contextcloth.com is pretty much dead on.

Should I hem them or fold them to show the selvage line?

I am 5"7 & wear sz 30 btw

Guest flyindarkness

I soaked my greys once, the tub was a lil greenish, but the denim is pretty dark afterwards. I soaked it to shrink it tho.

Guest kyotousa
I soaked my greys once, the tub was a lil greenish, but the denim is pretty dark afterwards. I soaked it to shrink it tho.

Did it actually shrink? I thought it's sanforized?

if you guys need buttons for your own dyi repair, do let me know we'll send some out to you. I definitely apologize for buttons falling off, its the nightmare of my life for the last 3 years. Some voodoo button curse wicked witch of the west spell or something....

Guest flyindarkness
Did it actually shrink? I thought it's sanforized?

it shrink about a total of 0.75 inch on the waist, which is all I wanted. so I guess in a way it worked.

Guest kyotousa
it shrink about a total of 0.75 inch on the waist, which is all I wanted. so I guess in a way it worked.

Did it shrink in length? I want to get it hemed maybe I should soak it first

i know it's been mentioned that urban outfitters carries these, but fyi the one near me (3rd street promenade santa monica) has a bunch of both the slim and regular fit on sale for $39.

woah, they have the slim fits out already? i thought it's just the updated relax fit

Guest kyotousa
woah, they have the slim fits out already? i thought it's just the updated relax fit

nope, just updated relax, which is sorta like medium baggy straight cut.

Ok. i didnt wanna be the bad guy to break the bad news...i was waiting for ilovespaz to do it.

but as far as i know, purple selvage production is on hold right now i believe...this is not a sure thing...but im not sure when or if they are even going to be in production.

ill post updates straight from ilovespaz as i hear them

Guest flyindarkness

why was it put on hold? production cost vs. selling price? because obviously you can see people here are really into it, it'll probably sell pretty well....

so... I had the opportunity to try on some academis yesterday and i promptly ripped a pocket off of them in the dressing room just shimmying them around on my hips.

flat out never going to buy a pair after that. shame too, for 20 bucks on the sale rack they looked promising even if only as a bit of fabric for patches...

Guest flyindarkness

^^ what the heck are you guys doing in them, I have a pair of academi for about 2 month now, and they are just fine....

how do you rip off a pocket in the dressing room....:eek:

Guest kyotousa

my first pair middle button fall off, so I went back to exchange it.

The second pair had 2 hidden rivets popped off.

The rivets are too short to hold this type of thick fabric.

So you probably just got lucky, I donno how one would rip off a pocket tho. lol

^^ what the heck are you guys doing in them, I have a pair of academi for about 2 month now, and they are just fine....

how do you rip off a pocket in the dressing room....:eek:

well...

1- remove whatever pants you happen to be wearing

2- slide right leg into right leg hole of pair of academi jeans

3- slide left leg into left leg hold of aformentioned jens

4- once both feet are safely on the distal side of the jeans, begin to pull the jeans, via the waistband, up to the level of your hips.

5- once the waistband of your jeans is safely either above or in line with your iliac crests, close the front of the fly using the handy (though perhaps a bit effete for some) pink and purple buttons affixed to the fly of the jeanss.

6- once the jens are firmly affixed at or above your waistline, proceed to coax them lower, to the height you plan to wear them at.

7- utilizing your (hopefully) opposable thumbs, flatten your hand in such a way that you thumb is seperated from the other fingers.

8- slide the flattened hands into the back pockets of the jeans at your waist, utilize your hands to pressure down on the jeans as you dance around in the dressing room, deciding what height to stop lowering them based on how you look in the mirror.

9- when the stitching at the top of one pocket begins to unravel it's really time to decide: "do i want to yank this pocket off? i mean, i shouldn't . . . but it would be so easy! hmm. what to do . . ."

10- remember, the aforementioned process of deciding really isn't a decision at all, it will all be over before you can blink. And finally, whatever fate has chosen for your glamorous and exquisitely well made academi jeans, accept the outcome of your actions, leave the dressing room, and go have some coffee...