Academi Denim

joey_formal

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a raw "dark grey" it does not look very black from the pics ive seen.

we got the jeans in at deep sleep, the denim has a great feel to it, i'd estimate around a 15oz wieght. they are a very classic leg fit(relaxed) but have a low rise, def. a nice cheap selvage raw. some of the detailing has been a little off stitching wise but this is their first ever run for these. they also use a clasp closure similar to dior homme instead of a button . the button fly uses different colored painted donut buttons like prps.

• 2 weeks later...
yo joey can u give the measurements up for a size 28? and how much will they shrink by?

i will not be able to get measurements for the next couple days as i am not going to be instore unfortunately. as soon as i can i will. the waist does run very tight on them all thought i highly recommend sizing up because of the waist. the leg fit is very loose.

thats odd because all of my customers have had to size up because of the waist not the legs, the waist is extermely tight, i am normaly between 28-30 and had to size up to a 32 because my balls we're hanging out of the fly of the 30. if i remember correctly they were measuring between a half size small in the waist and have a super low rise.

I hope context didn't mess up on their measurements then. Maybe they meant they measure 2 sizes smaller instead of larger. hmm....

edit: they also don't look very low rise in the pictures on the link from context I posted above. I guess I'll cross my fingers for him

thats odd because all of my customers have had to size up because of the waist not the legs, the waist is extermely tight, i am normaly between 28-30 and had to size up to a 32 because my balls we're hanging out of the fly of the 30. if i remember correctly they were measuring between a half size small in the waist and have a super low rise.

So, if I'm a 29-30 I should go up to at least a 32, right? Help me out here.

slimmer models are coming out. as for stf or sanforized I do not no, I am going to estimate unsanforized. as for fade expectations uh i don't know but I feel they will fade some what fast and will probably fade beautifully. stretching, because of how the waist band is stitched i would assume only about a 1/2 to just under a full waist size stretch.

hey guys, we do have some slim cuts coming out. for this late spring we will also be offering a slim cut in a 14oz white selvage denim. We are working with some pretty cool stuff for this coming august. black wax selvage, black wax non selvage, selvage with lycra for the ladies, some left hand twill, etc. should be good. :)

So much confusion about this brand. Context says size down two on the grey, size down one on the regular indigo. Joey says size up two. No one's 100% sure if these are sanforized or not. Can we clear some of this up? I'm interested, but exchanging for size is a b!tch living in Australia and I'd like to be right the first time.

hey guys, we do have some slim cuts coming out. for this late spring we will also be offering a slim cut in a 14oz white selvage denim. We are working with some pretty cool stuff for this coming august. black wax selvage, black wax non selvage, selvage with lycra for the ladies, some left hand twill, etc. should be good. :)

would black wax be close to black coated? because i want to get a cheap slim black pair, and these might be it for me. thanks ;)

Hey everyone,

I recently called up context because I was confused with sizing. Talked to their awesome staff and got a couple measurements. Please realize that I am in no way responsible if the measurements I have heard are not correct.

Size 34 Indigo

Waist: 17.5

Thigh: 11.5

Front Rise: 10.25

Size 36 Indigo

Waist: 18.5

Thigh: 12.5

Front Rise: 10.5

Size 34 Grey

Waist: 18

Thigh: 12.25

Rise: 10.25

Size 36 Grey

Waist: 19

Thigh: 12.75

Rise: 10.25

From what I have heard, the indigo pair is smaller in measurement size when compared to the grey pair. Also, the indigo pair is not chainstitched but have hidden rivets. The grey pair do not have hidden rivets but are chainstitched.

These specs should be similar to the one Joey is selling at his shop.

(correct me if im wrong!)

I picked up a pair of grey dry so i'll post pics as soon as I recieve.

Hm.. thats weird. On context, the pictures show that both pairs have hidden rivets, or perhaps the grey doesn't have rivets fastened in the back pockets. Hm. Kind of contrary to what the website states, because even though the pictures don't show rivets for the grey, it says in the description that are rivets on the back pockets.

What really bugs me about these jeans is the use of a clasp button instead of a normal button. I'm sure it'd be easy enough to just get them changed at a tailor's into a normal button instead. I've had the clasp button break off of a pair of business pants once (course, these would be of a stronger type being on jeans, but still).

What really bugs me about these jeans is the use of a clasp button instead of a normal button. I'm sure it'd be easy enough to just get them changed at a tailor's into a normal button instead. I've had the clasp button break off of a pair of business pants once (course, these would be of a stronger type being on jeans, but still).

just noticed that.. now I'm thinking these jeans over again.. not feeling it at all.