Academi Denim

joey_formal

Hey the guys over at Good Society have been quietly been working on another small denim project called Academi. Academi is cheap as hell and is utilizing denim sourced from the same mills supplying Evisu and Edwin, which exact mills I'm not completely sure of. It looks pretty decent and I'm bringing in some of it. check out some of the shitty pictures i have the jeans:

DSC_1098.JPG

DSC_1101.JPG

fit is similar to the samuari s5000 they tell me. i'll let everyone know when they come in.

i'll try to post measurements and more pics later.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those look pretty nice......any other details??

hidden rivets??

lined pockets??

yes on both counts i believe, as for more details as soon as i have them in my hands from our delivery i will give measurements and better photos. some time early next week

i talked to Aiden about these alittle while ago. The grey pair, the inside is coated (?) whih gives it that very pale/white color. I checked out the denim in person and it feels like the denims somewhere between 16-17 oz's. fairly heavy. The specific pair Joey will be carrying at Deep Sleep are the relaxed fit i believe. not sure on any info about slim/straight fits yet

edit: those pictures are from older samples so there are very smal changes (ie pocket alignment since the two pairs you see are different)

hopefully this time the sizing isn't an issue. Kinda disappointed in how the Good Societies were 1-2 sizes too big from tagged size.

i think this problem was definitely solved. When I tried on a pair, i usually wear sz 29 or 30, I tried on a sz 30 and fit just as expected. Now how much to accomidate for stretch...that i'm not sure about but going true to size might be a safe bet.

i talked to Aiden about these alittle while ago. The grey pair, the inside is coated (?) whih gives it that very pale/white color. I checked out the denim in person and it feels like the denims somewhere between 16-17 oz's. fairly heavy. The specific pair Joey will be carrying at Deep Sleep are the relaxed fit i believe. not sure on any info about slim/straight fits yet

edit: those pictures are from older samples so there are very smal changes (ie pocket alignment since the two pairs you see are different)

A slim cut in 16-17oz sounds interesting. Are there black jeans as well?