Academi Denim

joey_formal

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

Just got my grey drys in. Initial Impression: The denim is extremely stiff for a 15 oz. Might be due to large amounts of starch or possibly the resin coated weft threads. The construction of the jeans is very nice. Solid all around. Only flaws may be in the stitching. Dye on the jeans is somewhat strange. Dye wipes off very easily. As a matter of fact, my hands were almost covered in dye after just handling them for 10-15 minutes. Dye is a shade of blue which is also somewhat strange considering these are grey? Anyway, I do believe that these jeans will fade nicely.

Snapped a few very quickly

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1726.jpgIMG_1727.jpgIMG_1743.jpgIMG_1744.jpgIMG_1748.jpg

For ref...I'm 5' 10" 180 pounds. Got a size 34. True waist of 35.

BlueOctoberFan thighs are close to a 13. I usually have a problem with the thighs in certain jeans but these were actually fine. You might want to take the rise into consideration. Front rise is about 10.5 rear is 14.25. Measurements are in inches.

I'm thinking about giving these a hot soak. Maybe to have them fit a bit better to my body? Don't know the shrinking capabilities...the legs are def very relaxed.

BlueOctoberFan thighs are close to a 13. I usually have a problem with the thighs in certain jeans but these were actually fine. You might want to take the rise into consideration. Front rise is about 10.5 rear is 14.25. Measurements are in inches.

That sounds like a good fit for me, but the size of the theighs is still something of a concern... Most of what I look for has at least a 13.5" theigh, or so.

Just got my academis the other day.....got a tagged size 32 and I couldnt even button them up.....Im a 34.....180lbs.....5'10"

I rock APC RESCUES 32

I followed the directions of sizing 2 down and they fit like a true 32. Called and was advised a 36 would be the #. Ill have to see in a week or so.

You're the same size as me in height/weight.I picked up the 34 in the grey. I bet that a 34 would be more than fine for you. I do warn you that the crotch is on the tight side.

In addition, I gave my pair a soak the other day. The denim is pretty damn hairy. These jeans also bleed like no other. My hands pretty much get stained blue after putting them on / 20-30 minutes of wear.