Academi Denim

joey_formal

I tried a pair on at the Urban Outfitters in Toronto this monday. Fit was a little to loose in the leg for my liking and the denim sort of had this stretch to it. I would get them if they went on sale for like 35 bucks later just to wear around the house but definately not for full price.

yeah. I tried a pair on at urban outfitters here in Minneapolis and they seemed a little too wide for my liking... do they only make relaxed fit or are there straight leg pairs out there?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I got a pair of the updated relaxed fits in size 32 indigo from context today. The denim and the details are nice and all, but holy shit, stop focusing on details for 5 minutes Academi people, and work on the fucking fit. My waist is really more like a 33-34ish and I can't even really get these on my big thighs. I probably should've got a 34, but I think the top block would still be too tight. The top part is soo tight compared to the legs. These jeans would fit a really skinny guy who wanted a baggier leg. If you have any sort of leg muscle, do not buy these!

i agree. i tried on a pair of academi and it has the weirdest leg shape i've ever seen, and the waist is WAY too small for the amount the legs are relaxed.. i cant really imagine who these would fit really nicely

i was hoping they would change out the clasp for a real button for the updated relaxed fit

that clasp better not be there when they bring out the slim fit

i believe the clasps were switched out for buttons...not 100% sure though

and the updated relaxed fit should fit better. bigger thighs and a slight taper from knee down.

i believe the clasps were switched out for buttons...not 100% sure though

and the updated relaxed fit should fit better. bigger thighs and a slight taper from knee down.

They still have clasps, and if this is a better fit, I don't want to know how pathetic the first one was.

They have the "Japan fit" in a big way.

Denim is SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKK, but I tried on a pair and a pocket rivet fell off, so I was like fuck that.

I can't see most people being down with the fit, but if you gets em tailored, the denim quality is absolutely unbeatable for anything close to what they cost.

I tried on the grey flame relaxed of the first run when it first came out. Got it from Context as well...I thought it ran alright in the top for relaxed fits. Not HORRIBLE...The problem for me was that it was in between a truly relaxed look and a regular look so I thought it looked funky, but I have disproportionately late thighs, so that might've been it *shrug*

They still have clasps, and if this is a better fit, I don't want to know how pathetic the first one was.

the relaxed fit was completely altered for next season run. i'm not talking about the second release but for next season, i believe the relaxed fit is ocmpletely changed as well as slim and straight. bigger assortment of denim too i think.

but dont quote me on this, i havent talked to Aiden in awhile.

I tried on the grey flame relaxed of the first run when it first came out. Got it from Context as well...I thought it ran alright in the top for relaxed fits. Not HORRIBLE...The problem for me was that it was in between a truly relaxed look and a regular look so I thought it looked funky, but I have disproportionately late thighs, so that might've been it *shrug*

lol. shoulda just came into our office out in sandpoint and tried on a bunch.

Guest kyotousa

Will the grey get nice fades, honeycombs like other raw selvage jeans?

The thigh is too wide or maybe it's too large or too long for you.

Are the new releses still gonna use selvage denims from Evisu & Edwin?

Does 28 fit true...

Guest flyindarkness

sample%201.jpg

brown / copper ish overdye selvage

sample%204.jpg

purple overdye selvage

Really really looking forward to these 2 colors.... please try to get this color in production!

espeically the purple overdye.

Guest kyotousa

Academi is on sale in my Urban Outfitter, I just grabbed a pair of grey. Straight fit is not too bad. It fits true or maybe slimmer tho. I am sz 30...I can barely button up.