Academi Denim

joey_formal

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These were on sale at my "local" (I use the term loosely) Urban Outfitters for 30$ for the blues, I had never heard of the brand before, but the denim and details looked nice (barring the horrible decision to use a clasp instead of a button). Had I been able to find a size I could actually button I was going to get them, have the tailor change the clasp to a button, and turn them into selvedge shorts... oh well

These were on sale at my "local" (I use the term loosely) Urban Outfitters for 30$ for the blues, I had never heard of the brand before, but the denim and details looked nice (barring the horrible decision to use a clasp instead of a button). Had I been able to find a size I could actually button I was going to get them, have the tailor change the clasp to a button, and turn them into selvedge shorts... oh well

Aw to bad on that one....haha!

That's so stinkin' cheap. Get them altered if you really want them slim.

The ones you got are definitely more relaxed then the new cut....by quite a bit.

You can go to context and look at the measurements and see the difference in the old vs. the new cut.

I have the old cut and wish I had the new. But, I enjoy the ones I have. Wear them out I feel like i'm the only one in this whole forum.

I have a pair that I am working on right now. Around 2.5 months everyday wear.

Here is a fit picture I took a while back. I am 6ft3 and around 175. The fit is a little relaxed for sure but I come from a snowboarding background and dig that.

oiztyq.jpg

This picture is under 2months wear.

As of now I have some whiskering going on and thats about it.

Just picked up a pair of Academi in grey selvedge from Urban Outfitters for $20. Had a rivet pop out, so was able to haggle down 10%, but to be honest, I couldn't see myself paying any more for the denim. Felt heavy, in a relaxed fit, similar to Samurais, but the missing rivet and the spandexy-feel of the jeans don't really give me too much confidence in these jeans. But for $20 bux, I'll use them as beater jeans or just kick it with them.

The grey selvedge is interesting, but we'll see what happens. UO has them everywhere on sale.

If anyone can get me a size 30 in the grey, please let me know. I likethe color a lot.

I would've snagged a pair had I seen your post yesterday. There were ~10 pairs left in the grey (sz.28&30) at the UO in Santa Monica. I ended up picking up a sz. 36 as there were no 34's left. Whatever, they make nice beaters, hopefully it doesn't fal apart on me either.

i too got a pair at urban. 40 bucks, not bad. heavy denim, definitely can't wear them until the fall. exposed selvedge coin pocket is kind of annoying but for the price and weight of the denim it can't be beat

man i bought a pair for 20.00 at UO

i wore it a total of like 20hrs over a weeks time

and 2 metal rivets things busted off already from around the pocket seams

and they arent even hard core tight on me....but ya u get what u pay for

i wouldnt buy again from them..thnk god i didnt pay fulll price which is like 80 or something

I would've snagged a pair had I seen your post yesterday. There were ~10 pairs left in the grey (sz.28&30) at the UO in Santa Monica. I ended up picking up a sz. 36 as there were no 34's left. Whatever, they make nice beaters, hopefully it doesn't fal apart on me either.

Damn. My local Urban only had a size 28. I tried them on, the legs fit good, but there was no way in hell I was buttoning up the waist.

If anyone can help me with a size 30, I would really appreciate it.

The color of the grey is really nice in person and as mentioned, they are pretty heavy. I think its a great bargain.

Guest kyotousa
I don't get where everyone is coming from with the broken rivets. I have worn them 3 months every single day and nothing has gone wrong on mine. Knock on wood.

I just went to UO to check out if they are really on sale for 20 bucks....

The rivet fall off when I was just pulling the front pocket. Academi's rivet is a joke.

Man, I wanna try out a pair of these, but I don't live near any UOs. Closest one is in Cleveland and there's no chance of me driving almost 3 hours for a pair of jeans haha.

i talked to Aiden about these alittle while ago. The grey pair, the inside is coated (?) whih gives it that very pale/white color. I checked out the denim in person and it feels like the denims somewhere between 16-17 oz's. fairly heavy. The specific pair Joey will be carrying at Deep Sleep are the relaxed fit i believe. not sure on any info about slim/straight fits yet

edit: those pictures are from older samples so there are very smal changes (ie pocket alignment since the two pairs you see are different)

I don't know if this has been answer but there 14 oz.

I don't know if this has been answer but there 14 oz.

the gray denim is 16. the indigo is 14.

so as far as slim fit goes, i believe a few select boutiques are carrying slim fit academis for fall season but i have yet to actually look at specifically which stores.

as far as some bad and good news for you guys, we're slowing down academi production as we've had some quality issues with the rivets and buttons...im sure you've noticed. the rivets used on samples that we tested and the rivets on production were switched without our notice, so we've been trying to fix al issues.

we've actually changed the fit quite a bit, added some minimal detailing. so...i dont think you'll be seeing academi at urban outfitters but you may see it in select boutiques...

now for the good news - i have bins and boxes and boxes and boxes full of samples (purple overdye, copper overdye, black coated, yellow line slevage, red line selvage, various other overdyes, left hand twill, slubby, etc) that we will NOT be releasing for production...however, im gonna try to work out a way to sell a good chunk of these samples as they are useless to us.

if you are a size 29 or 32...you might be in luck as most of our samples are in sz 29 and 32...

but PLZ DO NOT PM ME REGARDING THIS. i will post when i get a full inventory, price, and availability of these jeans. i'll post pictures when i get to them but give me some time to figure out what i can do with these. patience!