Academi Denim

joey_formal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though this brand seems dead thought id post what I've been able to get out of them ... worn daily for about six months and soaked once (3 mo.) and washed twice (once at 5 months, again at 6 months). color in these images is much more blue / blown out than it is in real life as the bright day made things overly contrasted...

academi_6mo2w_front.jpg

academi_6mo2w_whiskers.jpg

academi_6mo2w_back.jpg

(combs have been pretty hard to get to come out...)

academi_6mo2w_backpocket.jpg

eh.

it's a valiant effort nevertheless. will +rep when I can. how loose are they on you btw?

these aren't really a loose fit on me at all ... fits pretty slim in the top block but is a lot looser from the knee down ... ill post a fit pic when i get a chance ...

probably going to wear these out for the rest of the year but washing every month just to see what happens... keep you posted...

• 3 weeks later...

I gave up on mine.

They are true to size and never stretched at all. I lost rivets, and eventually the closure device got too bent from my belly to stay correctly closed.

beautiful denim though, i think i might try to make a tie with the denim or something.

robbie

• 2 months later...
I gave up on mine.

They are true to size and never stretched at all. I lost rivets, and eventually the closure device got too bent from my belly to stay correctly closed.

beautiful denim though, i think i might try to make a tie with the denim or something.

robbie

I hammered all my rivets so they won't pop out anymore. Just saying.

Can I actually replace all the buttons and rivets myself?

I really like this gray flamed jean :)

• 2 months later...

decided to post some evo pics, even though this brand is pretty much dead

can't find my camera so i used my cellphone

size 30

12months

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

not much for combs or anything since i spend most of time on my ass, which probably explains the lack of wear for 12 months...

had a premature soak at 2 months and will probably wash them soon

postwash pics soon

• 1 month later...

here's a few pictures of the gray tints after 11 months and no wash.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2i06l5e.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/ejzse1.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2il25jo.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/vskmdh.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/205tedx.jpg

Washed them about a week ago and they're looking much better, but I don't have my camera available at the moment. I'll get some pics posted in a few weeks.

here's a few pictures of the gray tints after 11 months and no wash.

2i06l5e.jpg

ejzse1.jpg

2il25jo.jpg

vskmdh.jpg

205tedx.jpg

Washed them about a week ago and they're looking much better, but I don't have my camera available at the moment. I'll get some pics posted in a few weeks.

Would love to see some more pictures of worn pairs

Would love to see some more pictures of worn pairs

chuck's pair actually looks pretty good!

My indigos barely fit me anymore, the rise is crazy, but I might give them a wash since I did wear them for a good 3 months before the tightness really bothered me

• 1 month later...

This was my first pair of raw denim ever, but here are my academi's after about 5 1/2 months of everyday wear. Washed them a little early because I'm about to switch to a new pair and I want to get a solid month of post wash wear on these. I did a soak before I wore them, but then nothing else until I washed them.

-----------------------------------

Pre-wash: (they didn't really have this much contrast except sometimes outside when the light was right)

3753367356_825904b1ed_o.jpg

3752571569_3d50133262_o.jpg

-------------------------

And post-wash: Just machine wash cold nothing special.

3752572075_0f4f589c18_o.jpg

3752571815_48f77230c7_o.jpg

----------------------------------

All in all I'm happy with them. It was hell to wear them though, I sized down two and I really shouldn't have - they were way to tight on the crotch. It took about three months for them to fit me comfortably, but they eventually stretched out 3 inches in the waist (couldn't button the top button or clasp for the first week or so). Didn't really shrink too much after the wash either. Well worth the $40.

those turned out pretty nice, particularly for only 6 months wear. I'm still wearing mine daily, at about the 13 month point but the gray doesn't seem to fade quite as nicely as I suppose you'd assume. I'll get pictures post-wash up pretty soon here. thinking about a new pair of Naked and Famous 21 oz, but I haven't decided for sure, any recommendations on what else to look into?

I bought a pair of academi relaxed selvedge and they are really tight in the hip area. At first I had to lay down to button them up. I wore them for 8 hours and the next day I tried to do some squats and ended up with some broken blood vessels on my hips. My waist is 30" and i bought the 28 which measures out to 29". Will they stretch out or should I sell?

mine certainly stretched out, I'd give it a few days at least. if they don't stretch after a week then you might reconsider but I know my 28s are at least stretched to a 30 now.

Did the hip area stretch out alot because thats the area I'm most worried with.

You'll be fine. Mine were so tight when i got them, it hurt my hips. Now they are super comfortable.

Cool I was gonna sell them but I guess I'll just start wearing them a bunch now glad I checked about this. Do you happen to remember how long it took for them to be comfortable?

Took them about 2 months to be completely comfortable on me, but that was mainly because the crotch was a killer for me. They did eventually stretch 3 inches in the waist, which took place over several months. They were tolerable after 2 weeks, but now they are super comfortable and one of the best fitting jeans I've ever owned.

Mine barely stretched at all, real tightly woven denim, but I wish they kept with the line, it seemed to have a lot of potential for a more 'budget minded' denim

I might try wearing mine again and seeing if they stretch anymore, but the clasp that I sewed on to replace the first original clasp is falling off too...=\

• 3 weeks later...

im wearing a size 30 right now and i haven't gotten any serious fades. although when i bought it i was skinnier but now it fits just right except the calf area which is pretty loose. Thinking about tapering it and wearing it for another 6 months

• 10 months later...