Academi Denim

joey_formal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics. Ill post my results from a couple weeks of wear pretty soon.

Edit: Here you go. 1 week in, they fit rather nice, but do stretch. At least I didnt keep my 34 which couldnt even button up. Dark Indigo definitely fits larger.

DSCF1173.jpg

DSCF1174.jpg

DSCF1167.jpg

DSCF1166.jpg

Haha, yeah Im glad others started wearing these too

and yeah, theyre a bit loose on me, but the next size down wouldnt even allow me to button up at the belly button, and these stretched a little bit.

rwrobinson, I saw that you stretched the legs out a bit, may I ask how you did that, and for how long? Stood on the legs?

Haha, yeah Im glad others started wearing these too

and yeah, theyre a bit loose on me, but the next size down wouldnt even allow me to button up at the belly button, and these stretched a little bit.

rwrobinson, I saw that you stretched the legs out a bit, may I ask how you did that, and for how long? Stood on the legs?

Honestly all I did was got the bottoms of the legs wet stood on them and pulled as hard as I could. probably a total for 5 minutes and quite a few pulls and was fine.

Glad to see that we got some other people doing and saying something here because I was hoping that I wasn't going to be the only person to wear these jeans out.

Ok, here are the pics I promised. They have 120 days of wear at least. They have hit the back burner now since I have my sammies. It seems like they started to fade slow then in the last month or so I wore them they started fading like crazy.

13ylczm.jpg

s6uph5.jpg

2w56c6a.jpg

dpem1i.jpg

It really makes me want to rock them more but I am dedicated to my sammies for now. These will be camping/random dirty activity jeans I guess.

No washes, one river rinse after a dusty hike.

looking good...I'm almost to 90 days and i'm starting to get some vertical fading going now too and I got my whiskers starting to come in too...not as well as you do...i always have a wash...but there is so much freaking excess indigo it's not a big deal haha

But all in all lookin good i'll post in a couple weeks once I reach the 90 dayish point...i need to get a camera

Well here's the pretty much 90 day point. It was a nice day out with lots of sun so i was like screw it i'm taking the pictures now. so here they are...wish they could show the fading better but it will progress in the pictures in months to come...

2842732579_ba9a9c8127_b.jpg

2843567224_a389b4b215_b.jpg

2843566386_3b44fb36fc_b.jpg

2843565732_2868b27be7_b.jpg

2843565146_07bbbf70f9_b.jpg

2842728867_08a2526b70_b.jpg

2843564052_11b366e823_b.jpg

2843563382_728935ffb6_b.jpg

Still got a while to go with them....had them for 5 months the 12th and I have about 90 days of wear in...

damn their pretty nice, how do they fit on you?

do you have any pictures?

i can't wait till mine gets a little progress.

oh yeah that back pocket fade is also pretty sick.

I'll get some fit pictures up here tomorrow.

I took mine in to the tailor and it got them changed quite a bit.

Also I have a new wallet i got through corter...so my wallet fade is useless now since i have a new wallet haha.

so anyways hopefully that starts to fade now.

But yeah i'll get some fit pictures up tomorrow.

oh yeah thanks too...about 90 of real wear and 1 wash...wish i wouldn't of had to but i had to because i needed to make sure they didn't shrink to much in length after a wash so when i finally washed them they weren't to short ha! sucks but whatever.

God, these things fit like shit.

The taper from top to bottom is absolutely ass-backwards.

Go save up and buy some APCs.

iawtc. i tried to taper and hem but the fit is still kind of funky. considering selling on supermarket.

God, these things fit like shit.

The taper from top to bottom is absolutely ass-backwards.

Go save up and buy some APCs.

I have had this jeans since april and now i've grown to love them. imo they are actually nice jeans and for 80$ i'm darn happy with the buy....but that's my opinion....

ha also save up money to buy apcs?! i think if i'm saving up i'll buy something better then apc's...actually i already have jeans better then apcs but i haven't started wearing them yet...that was funny to me...

I'm not going to really argue with that one haha...they are slow to fade but over time i think they are going to turn out pretty swell so we will see...mine are starting to get nasty...on yeah btw i got mine altered and the fit is pretty darn good...was going to take them tomorrow but it's supposed to stinkin rain again all day!!! for like the 4th day in a row! so anyways i'll hit that up asap...

that sucks. its finally sunny in toronto. i've been wearing my nakeds latly, so the academi are just hanged right now, i think im gonna wear the nakeds more they feel more comfortable, and i like how they fit, but i like them both as much. my nakeds got rained on plenty this weekend but its all good. i'll get back to wearing the academis, its starting to fade in my back pocket thats all the progress i got.

I've been wearing mine since the beginning of August or so, and I'm also just starting to get a wallet fade. I'm actually really liking my pair so far... Then again, I haven't really had any other pair before so I really don't know what's better and what's not.