Academi Denim

joey_formal

i got some good news for everyone. Just checked out like 30 different denim samples for Academi. seems like all sizing issues are fixed as well as changed out the Clasp for a nice button.

heres an overview of what I saw:

jet black overdye coated with silver hardware in slim and straight (amazing)

purple overdyed selvage

copper-ish color overdyed selvage

thick 16-17 oz redline selvage

thick 16-17 oz yellow selvage

blue overdyed

a variety of different overdyes and different indigo hue's in raw

15-16 oz left hand twill slubby denim (my personal favorite)

I took some pics but I'll post up some individual shots of the different denims soon.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure actually. these were samples so i'm not sure as to which denim will be released with which cut...I did see a slim cut in several different kinds of denim. Not even sure if all of these denim samples will go into production but the left hand twill is def something I'd like. the denim color is something else also...somewhat lighter. i'll post up pics later tonight

Alright so here is a few sample pics. Keep in mind, theres like 10-15 more kinds of denim I didnt take pics of but this should give you a good idea:

samples%20group.jpg

left to right:

black raw, left hand twill, jetblack coated, purple overdye, yellow selvage, brown/copper overdye, grey/greencast, red line selvage

sample%201.jpg

brown / copper ish overdye selvage

sample%202.jpg

grey / green cast raw

sample%203.jpg

redline selvage

sample%204.jpg

purple overdye selvage

sample%205.jpg

black black coated

sample%206.jpg

left hand twill slubby denim

sample%207.jpg

black raw

Most of the denim, from feel, felt anywhere between 13 to 16oz. the redline selvage feels pretty hefty while a couple of the overdyes seem on the lighter side...maybe 13?

I hope they change their cuts to slimmer ones - waist is alright but the leg openings are like balloooons on me, yet I hope they retain the price line these are going for.

black on black looks tasty, more sheen! yumyumyumyum

i dont think the price isnt going to change much...but dont quote me on that...but i hav a hard time seeing them pushing the price up drastically.

as far as slim cuts go, I saw three cuts, slim, straight, and relaxed.

no the pics are just a collection of different denim that Academi may or may not use...fit has nothing to do with those pics.

the denim you see in those pics may or may not come out in every single fit...not even every denim samples may go into production either. Only time will tell which fit and denim will be released!

fndmybetterhalf, how were you able to see/take pictures of all the samples, if you don't mind me asking?

any word on when these would be getting released and at what stores? I've only seen context stocking these so far, and I have to say academi is really doing a great job. My friend got a pair of the grey selvage, and the denim is very thick, heavy, selvage + coin pocket selvage, and appears to be very good quality. Makes you wonder how they're able to charge such absurdly low prices for such a great product. If there really is another 10-15 colours on top of the the ones you posted, I can't wait to see them and perhaps grab a few pairs.

I've worked with the guys at Academi before and we still keep in touch alot. Alot of the new stuff that comes in, I check out and give them some feedback, etc.

There is definietly a huge variety of different denim that theyre looking into. As far as I know, not all of them are going into production but I have to say I wasn't disapointed with a single swatch. So whichever denim(s) they decide to go with, I'm excited for anything really.

As for stores go, I have no clue yet. They're in the works of launching a website with a stockist list so I'm sure that'll be up soon.

^ u ain't gotta lie to kick it homie.. we all know when you go kick it at night with your frat boy bff's from greek row you put on your rock and republics with your 7 diamonds shirts and drink long islands and pose with the douche bag peace signs in the club photos.... :) ...

atleast i dont wear bootie shorts and a tube top and put a blonde wig on so you can dance with your previously described frat boy.

hey btw, word of business, me and AJ are doin the shoot next week or weekend. we're gonna need your help, which ill talk to you about tomorrow.