Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

That's not a bad question - not sure there's an objective 'right' answer - but there are some companies making things of similar top quality like IH but not sure if anybody has the same focus on weight.

I agree, to me the essence of the brand is a) the physicality of their stuff and B) the way they fit. So to me there's no really comparable brand. I'd say Buzz Rickson but for totally different reasons.

It would help if the question was more specific, ideas like brand and quality are almost meaningless without context

Does anyone happen to have measurements for the IH-666-XHS in a size 28? I'm somewhere in between a 28 and a 29, but the only size online is 28. I'm afraid of the suffering I might inflict on myself if a size down too much.

Thanks!

If you're in between sizes, do keep in mind that after the first hotsoak/ wash, they'll shrink a tiny bit... On the other hand, the waist is a bit bigger than tagged size... And, if necessary, it will stretch a bit... So just make sure the thigh measurements are right for you... Trust me, you don't want them to be tight on you... You might lose a leg, if lucky only the one...

Also: I would advice you to at least soak 'm prior to heavy wear... They'll soften up a bit, and you'll avoid any early damage caused by the denim being so stiff...

But whatever you do: get 'm, wear 'm hard, love 'm... It's what I do...

If you're in between sizes, do keep in mind that after the first hotsoak/ wash, they'll shrink a tiny bit... On the other hand, the waist is a bit bigger than tagged size... And, if necessary, it will stretch a bit... So just make sure the thigh measurements are right for you... Trust me, you don't want them to be tight on you... You might lose a leg, if lucky only the one...

Also: I would advice you to at least soak 'm prior to heavy wear... They'll soften up a bit, and you'll avoid any early damage caused by the denim being so stiff...

But whatever you do: get 'm, wear 'm hard, love 'm... It's what I do...

I've just washed mine for the first time (3 months wear) - cold wash in the machine and then hang dry. The waist has shrunk significantly - more in comparison than the thighs. I'm really hoping the waist stretches back to the pre-wash size.

Putting them on was a real adventure.

Edited by zwer

csc0608.jpg

csc0609.jpg

1,5 - 2 years of stubborn love

Amazing work put in them.

I havn't seen such good results on an IH pants over a long time

A real master piece of natural fadings and wear patterns on them.

I just can say congrats!!

And keep us updated on them

Saw HWDC2 coming up so I might as well wait.

My 666-XHS worn twice.

@zwer How's do these feel for the first three months?

T13Awdwl.jpg

suQXp7Zl.jpg

zFWtUtel.jpg

Edited by AndyK

Yeah - 25 oz jeans. I would suggest wearing them for a month or so, until you don't dread going up stairs anymore... Then soak 'm... They shrink, but not much... For me, as I (machine)washed them after a couple of months for the first time, they went back to the original size... The thighs were tight for a couple of weeks, but that's about it... Last time I washed them, there was barely any noticeable shrinkage...

So yeah: all it takes is a couple of months and two soaks/ washes to get them to become massively comfortable :P

@AndyK - I got lucky in that my pair was slightly too big, so I found them pretty comfortable after the first few wears: no problems with stairs or anything. And when I first started wearing I was up at the cottage so spending a lot of time in them and break in was reasonably quick.

I think Seul's advice is spot on. They've transformed now that they've been washed and feel less like armour and more like my favourite pair of jeans.

Hahah no worries mate!.. Thanks a lot!.. Buying these tonight (as soon as I have decided on the length I want):

DSCF2316_zpsc696c376.jpg

15 oz left hand twill Triple Works Busters...

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4481.0

There's also a new 15 oz right hand twill, Triple Works 634S model...

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4483.0