Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Thanks for explaining.  But that's confusing, selvage denim to me is in part defined by having selvage seams.  The jeans could be made on a shuttle loom with high quality, heavy weight denim, but the moment you cut the "self edge" off they cease to be selvage denim jeans.  

You are incorrect, but multiple people in this thread have already told you this.

For instance in Japan bootcut jeans are very popular and NONE of them show selvedge on the outseam due to how the pattern is cut.  

Edited by kiya

^thanks mate.

i´m a w35 in 634s-raw, a w36 in IHxBxHCx25, a w34 in 555-03 and a w34 in 816...i´d go with the w34 in these again. the duck stretches with wear and because it´s "only" 17oz, the fabric doesn´t feel as tough as normal denim does. so the comfort is pretty high and tbh. i like to wear these even more often as i wear denim...

so i´d suggest to go with a w30 or even a w29 in these!

Honestly, I don't know if I'd ever be able to buy selvage jeans that didn't have the ID because I think it looks a lot cleaner.  That being said, I didn't like how he immediately went to mouthing off about how Self Edge was lying and that it wasn't selvedge "to him" even though it clearly is in reality.

You are incorrect, but multiple people in this thread have already told you this.

For instance in Japan bootcut jeans are very popular and NONE of them show selvedge on the outseam due to how the pattern is cut.

My 461S don't show selvedge other than on the pocket and fly :) I understand the whole cuff thing but I kind of like people not really knowing that my jeans are f'n baller. Edited by brently

I'm still waiting for the day when I see another dude walking around with selvedge vis iron hearts so I can give him a look up and down and nod approvingly...

Edited by itsbenhere

thanks a lot mate.

actually I sized one up to a w36!

could or actually should have gone with a w35 cuz the waist is a tad lose tbh.

wearing a w34 in 555-03 and 816 and a w35 in 634s-raw and a 36 in these!

also I had them tapered by one inch from right above the knee on down and hemmed about 6"!

Vin and Lando, any chance we could see some fit pics of your 8301s and 301s pairs? I'm interested in seeing how white guys with relatively average North American builds wear this cut. (No offense intended towards skinny, short Asians.)

Hey, I'm thinking about getting some 301s, eventually, but I'm not sure how to deal with sanforized. On my SEXFHXRJB'S I bought small and wore them while they were still drying from the initial soak--worked perfectly. Should I do the same with the 301s, or are they not going to stretch out much? 

I've got the 28" tag size SEXFHXRJB's, which according to SE is a 29" waist. SE says the 29" tag size 301s have a 29.5" waist, I'm leaning towards that. 

Radict, I would not size up on the 301s. The size 28 will stretch out about 1.5" in the waist. I have the SEXFHXRJB in 28 and the 301s in 28. The 301s have really stretched out in the waist. I probably could have gone a size down. The SEXFHXRJB stretched to the perfect size after about a month of wear.