Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I have a pair of the 634sr but no camera. I will also be wearing them occasionally this summer. I'll be doing trail work most of the summer, working with chainsaws, axes, other tools, and the like. I'm almost tempted to wear them the entire time, but I think I'd die from heat exhaustion.

VJ, when you bringing that hot ass back to SF so we can kick it?

holy crap that's an expensive jean. im dying in the 301s already and it only hit 75 degrees today...can't imagine wearing those in the summer

Step your game up homey. It was about a 100 degrees here with humidity. Let your nuts hang and wear them at all times!!!

Shoque, I usually wear a medium or sometimes even a small (depending on shirt/brand). I got a large in that wrinkly IH summer shirt because I hear they do shrink .5" when you wash them. Fit looks good in your pic, but you might not want to wash it!

well that's why I'm telling him! I mean I have worn my IH heavy ombre shirt (size small, btw) about 25 times w/o wash and no stink, but eventually all shirts must be washed IMO....so that's why I got a large in the summer shirt - they run a little bit small and then they shrink a bit too.

EDIT - I totally missed the top of Shoque's post where it says size L...I thought you got a medium. I guess you can't exchange for larger size then. Fit looks pretty good even if it shrinks a little bit IMO. The only hesitation is that it might get a little bit short on you.

Ironheart 634SR arrived today. Surprised to find out that Rebirth is no longer shipping these international.

Anyway... so long as it's here.

IH634SR02.jpg

Came in a neat little box.

IH634SR04.jpg

Attention sticker, which I can't read. I'm assuming it means the jeans will shrink, so size up.

IH634SR05.jpg

IH634SR06.jpg

They gave me the denim cut-offs from the hemming.

These are raw (reek of starch).

Measurements for those interested:

Size 33.

Waist 33.

Rise 10.5

Thigh 12.75

Inseam 34.5 (from 36.5 - this is the measurement on the website, the hem cut-offs look a lot less than 2in. Still the inseam is now exactly 88cm, which is where I wanted them)

I deliberately asked them to hem them raw for three reasons.

1) There's no chainstitch option in Australia.

2) Even if there was, you'd be hard pressed to find a machine that can punch through 8 layers of 23oz denim. Even Hinoya won't hem with a chainstitch - lockstitch only (I got mine chainstitched).

3) I'm pretty sure about the sizing.

I usually hem my jeans to about 32in. Even if it shrank to 31 (which I doubt) they'll be fine.

These are completely different to the usual 21oz denim that IH uses. It's nothing like the Samurai 21oz either. If it didn't have the IH tags, I would have never guessed it was IH. IH (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) uses a thicker weft for their regular 21oz, which is why you have so much grinning on their 634S. These jeans look like normal denim, only thicker and heavier (much heavier. I was really taken by surprise by its weight). And the indigo is a rich blue instead of the grey/blue you'd normally find on the 634S. They're definitely not going to fade like regular IHs. You can see where the factory has bashed flat the cross point for the yoke with hammers so that it would go through the sewing machines.

And like other owners on this thread, I'm putting these away until I'm done with my current wearer. Got them while they're still available. There's no way these are going to be around next year.

I'm sitting in this Tokyo hotel room right now at 6:30am and i'm wearing them.

I've got a meeting with the men that made them in three hours.

We're going to talk about making 23 ounce denim, this shit ain't cuttin' it.

23oz sounds awesome... I would hope that there was something besides just the 2oz increase to separate the denim from IH's 21oz.

Does anyone remember this? I remember reading this back in late '07 and the 23 oz is definitely different.

I know that there's an element of guesswork involved at this stage, but does anyone have any idea if the 634SRs will fade as slowly as the regular 634s?

They do not fade anything like the usual 21oz denim from Iron Heart.

They fade faster and with a higher contrast fade, mostly because of the surface texture being completely different.

kiya, are you guys able to shorten the 634sr?

Yup, we can chainstitch them.. it's not easy, but we can.

• 3 weeks later...