Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Guest Ark Sakura
The 301s isn't insanely tapered, it's just a really slim jean.

No, don't get me wrong, the 301 is an awesome jean...and my finger has been seriously hovering over the buy button on the SE site because you only have one left in my size. Thing is I have a pair of mij 19cm I'm working on and also FH05 BSP, so what I really need (actually I don't really "need" any more jeans, but you know wha' I mean!) is a very slim straight. I'm waiting for you to get the flathead 310 and 1001 in.

has anyone tried the made to measure service yet on the jeans through Giles, UK?

wish you could just do it through a Japan retailer as it would work out so much cheaper.

Funny you should mention that,

I believe I may be the first one to have - I contacted Giles some time ago about the possibility of getting 9634s Superblacks with a longer inseam (34" just doesn't cut it if you want stacks and are 6'3''+) and he told me that as a result of my request and subsequent purchase they were going to start offering the custom inseams with the 6 week lead time.

Giles just emailed me a couple days ago that my SuperBlackSuperLongs are finished, but need to arrive before he can forward them off to me.

I don't think going through a japan retailer would be that much cheaper... I ended up paying 20 dollars more than base price (which includes shipping anywhere in the world) for ~6 more inches on the inseam: so 345+6week delay for 40 inch inseam vs. 325 for 34 inch inseam. Pretty sweet deal and considering how difficult it is to find heavy black jeans with long inseams a price I'd gladly pay again.

For what it's worth, Giles and Ironheart UK are amazing and their customer service is second to none. Frankly, I figured the answer to my question about longer inseams would be a resounding "no," but he immediately checked into it and made it happen, constantly updating me via email as soon as more news was to be had. Also, he didn't require payment until the order was about to go into production.

I'm expecting them early May, will post pictures when they arrive.

^^^ that's pretty cool..

He PMd me info about the service.

To be fair to them, I guess it's the Yen > Pound scenario that is making them comparatively expensive.

I was quoted £200 for the superblacks.

At the moment I don't feel comfortable paying above £150 max for jeans, but that's my issue.

Perhaps when the yen falls I will re-look at them.

are the standard superblacks 'low rise' ?

can't wait til mid rise comes back in to fashion as the "standard".

The 9634 Super Black isn't low-rise, it's more of a medium rise.

Looking for fit pics of the slim black Iron Hearts in a size 36? I've also been trying to find out how big the leg opening would be if I got them hemmed to a 32 or 33.

Itching to buy one of these windbreakers. Anybody else bought one? For sizing, if you are a Large in IH shirts, you should be a Large in this? Trying to decide between the grey or black. What do you think?

BlackFandB.jpg

GreyFandB.jpg

nice! then I may not have to wait for the restock.

So if I wear size 30 in skull 5010xx 6x6 confortably,

I could fit a 29 in the 9301?

It's just that if I go solely on measurements the size 29 will be extremely tight on the waist...

man i wish mine fit me.....

let's just say, based on measurements size 32 would've fit me just right but when i got it, i feel like i can size down at least 2. Just don't hem the jeans so that you can swap with another size is my advice.