Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Why'd you get the 634?

That denim is booty compared to what comes on the 634s.

Why'd you get the 634?

That denim is booty compared to what comes on the 634s.

Honestly? Is it really any different, aside from the selvedge? I find it pretty hard to believe that Iron Heart is going to the trouble to contract out a "crappy" 21 oz denim from a mill. I assumed the denim on the 634 and 634s was the same but the 634s was cut from the edge of the roll.

That could be the way its lighted in the photos shoque... I agree with sell veg stating that it wouldn't make sense to have a completely different batch of denim textile for the 634 but then again the 634 usually goes for 19000~JPY mark whilst the 634s goes for 25000~ JPY on both R.A.C rakuten and yahoo.jp auctions, so it may indicate an inferior textile utilization for the 634, or it may just be a clever marketing scheme.

Then again, I'm no expert on 21oz denim textile manufacturing, can someone please enlighten this issue as I'm quite interested to know as well.

anyways, you've got yourself a pair of Iron Hearts, and thats a lot better than a lot of other jeans out there, congrats on the purchase bg12nd!

Honestly? Is it really any different, aside from the selvedge? I find it pretty hard to believe that Iron Heart is going to the trouble to contract out a "crappy" 21 oz denim from a mill. I assumed the denim on the 634 and 634s was the same but the 634s was cut from the edge of the roll.

me thought so...

That could be the way its lighted in the photos shoque... I agree with sell veg stating that it wouldn't make sense to have a completely different batch of denim textile for the 634 but then again the 634 usually goes for 19000~JPY mark whilst the 634s goes for 25000~ JPY on both R.A.C rakuten and yahoo.jp auctions, so it may indicate an inferior textile utilization for the 634, or it may just be a clever marketing scheme.

Then again, I'm no expert on 21oz denim textile manufacturing, can someone please enlighten this issue as I'm quite interested to know as well.

anyways, you've got yourself a pair of Iron Hearts, and thats a lot better than a lot of other jeans out there, congrats on the purchase bg12nd!

thanks brah! about the edge cutting thing, me think that way too... but who knows... am just a newbie here...

Guest iron heart

Here is the SP:

The "normal" non-selvedge denim is constructed as so:

The warp (Indigo) thread is one size 4 thread. The weft (white) is made out of 2 threads of size 5.4 twisted together.

The Selvedge denim is constructed in exactly the same way as our standard denim, but the weft (white) threads are much slubbier than in our standard denim. This gives a more uneven,"hand-made" look to the denim.

The looms for the 2 denims are: Our standard denim is made on a 57" "KAKUSHIN-SHOKKI" loom. Our selvedge denim is made on a 30inch Selvedge"RIKI-SHOKKI" loom.

For more info take a look here:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/qanda.htm

Giles

Take a look here if you want to find out about the 2 denims:

Giles

I am sorry for such a newbie question,

Q: How should I wash my jeans?

A: All a matter of personal preference. The dyeing process with Ironhearts means that they do not fade too much, but to get good contrast, heavy wear and minimal washing is recommended. Always wash your jeans inside out, this will avoid getting unsatisfactory "tram-lines" in the darker areas. Go here for a picure of a pair of 634S which are about 15 months old and have had about 12 washes.

wat does "tram-lines" means? thanks in advance...

Guest iron heart

Tramlining is when the material creases in the washing machine and the indigo wears off on the high spots, you end up with (normally" vertical white lines running through the denim. Clear?

Tramlining is when the material creases in the washing machine and the indigo wears off on the high spots, you end up with (normally" vertical white lines running through the denim. Clear?

I can imagine it, errrrr, one more think to ask, "the indigo wears off on the high spots"

what does the high spots mean?? sorry if the question is bothering you :o

Guest iron heart

Indigo does not actually soak into the cotton, it is effectively a coating, the high spots are the exposed edges of folds. Take the letter V for example and imagine that that is a piece of folded denim going around in a washing machine, the abrasion (thus the rubbing off of the indigo) will occor most on the point of the V, and expose the white cotton beneath the indigo

Bump

Sizing question on the IH-634SR, I am 31 in APC NS and 30 in APC Rescue. Should i get 33 or 34 in IH-634SR?

Get a size 33.

Here is the SP:

The "normal" non-selvedge denim is constructed as so:

The warp (Indigo) thread is one size 4 thread. The weft (white) is made out of 2 threads of size 5.4 twisted together.

The Selvedge denim is constructed in exactly the same way as our standard denim, but the weft (white) threads are much slubbier than in our standard denim. This gives a more uneven,"hand-made" look to the denim.

The looms for the 2 denims are: Our standard denim is made on a 57" "KAKUSHIN-SHOKKI" loom. Our selvedge denim is made on a 30inch Selvedge"RIKI-SHOKKI" loom.

For more info take a look here:

Giles

Huh. Thanks for the info. Do you know if the warp threads are the same for both denims? ie. is the dying the same? If that is the case then one would expect the color of the raw products to be the same and the fading properties should be similar, only differing in the texture of the denim... that would be an interesting study on the effects of weft thread slubbiness...

Indigo does not actually soak into the cotton, it is effectively a coating, the high spots are the exposed edges of folds. Take the letter V for example and imagine that that is a piece of folded denim going around in a washing machine, the abrasion (thus the rubbing off of the indigo) will occor most on the point of the V, and expose the white cotton beneath the indigo

thanks a lot for the explanation brah! :)