Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

vjiforlife, what size is that and how did you size?

I got sz 31. I sized according to selfedge's chart. Those are my peeps so I know they wouldn't steer me wrong. I'd say go true to size. If you're in between size down to that full size. These are tough to break in, but they'll give enough in the waist. The best jeans I've purchased so far.

I've got a pair of 634SR (size 31) for sale. Chain-stitched to a 32.5 inch inseam. I am currently taking any reasonable offer for these since I have debts to pay.

Should have disregarded Kiya's advice and gone with the measurements on Giles site. There is no way these things are a full size smaller. Maybe a half at best. But the cut is different anyway.

I've got a pair of 634SR for sale. Chain-stitched to a 33 inch inseam. I am currently taking any reasonable offer for these since I have debts to pay.

Should have disregarded Kiya's advice and gone with the measurements on Giles site. There is no way these things are a full size smaller. Maybe a half at best. But the cut is different anyway.

Sorry to break it to you but these ARE a full size smaller, maybe even almost two sizes smaller.

The waist on a size 30 measures 29.5" RAW, that means it shrinks to about 28" after a hot soak.

A size 30 shrinking to 28" after a hot soak is quite a bit smaller than it should be.

I've got a pair of 634SR (size 31) for sale. Chain-stitched to a 32.5 inch inseam. I am currently taking any reasonable offer for these since I have debts to pay.

man, im willing to trade in my evisu and levis for a pair of 634sr

what is meant by non-showing outer seam selvage for the 301S... if these are selvage..? any pictures of it?

& kiya what shirt is your model wearing in your photos? looks like the flat head herringbone, but im not sure.

That would be a 33 inch inseam pre-wash, meaning after a wash they would be a 30 inch inseam (according to Gile's site)?

Nah, I'm talking post-soak.

Anyway, these were sold in under an hour :P And to a fellow SuFuer who grew up in the same suburb that I did. Pretty random.

And Kiya, no hate, I am just comparing them to my 634S. I know the 634SR cut is slightly more relaxed (wrt, rise, thighs, etc.) but the 31 hot-soak is signficantly larger in the whole top block than my size 30 634S. I was expecting the 31 to come out at about a 30, in all dimensions, after a soak.

Not ripping on you or Self Edge since I have received much help in the past :)

I just got a pair of Iron Heart 634S today (friend went to Hinoya in Ueno for me), and the jeans are quite different from what I was expecting i.e. not stiff and not heavy. I'm probably being paranoid, but has anyone heard of 634S rip-off's ?

if you got them from hinoya, it is unlikely to be a fake

I just got a pair of Iron Heart 634S today (friend went to Hinoya in Ueno for me), and the jeans are quite different from what I was expecting i.e. not stiff and not heavy. I'm probably being paranoid, but has anyone heard of 634S rip-off's ?

They're known to be soft for 21oz jeans, I was quite surprised too when i tried mine on when I got them.

Hi. Can anyone help me? I'm purchasing some SEXIH and want to know what the general price for this jean is when it's used. Its about 8 months no wash one warm soak. Any price range? Thanks will be greatly appreciated

There's no "general price" for limited edition denim that is no longer in stock, although in my opinion price tends to act like this:

||---------6mo--------1year--------------------------grail----->

retail > price down > ? > price up from ? > not for sale

by no means definitive, though...