Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

We just received the Iron Heart winter jackets and vests along with their super heavy flannels, they're all in the online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

How soft is the hand on those 9301's? Is it as soft as everyone is saying?

And what about the top block? I'm thinking of a size 29 or a 30??? I wear a 28 in 710bk Sam's. I like them skinny, but, not ankle grabbing!

I don't exactly know what is meant by a soft hand, but the word "armor" comes to mind when describing the 9301 denim. It is rigid and the weave is coarse, so it does feel a little rough.

The top block on these is generous, relative to the thighs and knees. There isn't really a consensus on sizing (some have gone true to size, sized down 1, sized down 2). It all depends on your bodily proportions. I sized down one (true waist 32, tagged 31). I am happy with the fit:

IH 9301, size 31. True waist 32.

img0492kq.jpgimg0494j.jpgimg0489al.jpg

And what about the top block? I'm thinking of a size 29 or a 30??? I wear a 28 in 710bk Sam's. I like them skinny, but, not ankle grabbing!

I'd go with a 28 or 29. My current rotation are the 301s and the 710s. I'm a 30 in the samurais and I purchased a 31 in the 301s. I honestly wish i got a 30 instead, didn't expect them to stretch so much. As far as the top block goes, the 301s feel a little more generous but the legs are definitely a lot skinnier than the 710s.

I have both the 9301's and the 301's in size 36. I went true to size and both have stretched out and are a bit roomy in the top block. I think if they made size 35 I would have gone down a size on the second pair. I agree with Peter Parker the denim on the 9301's is very rigid. It takes a while to soften up while the 301's are fairly soft right from the start. I own many different brands of Japanese denim. I find Iron Heart denim to have the best workmanship and quality.

Big up... thanks for the comments.

IH Down Jacket is a bit sturdier than the newer style collapsable down jackets made by companies like North Face, etc. Construction is top quality and details as seen in Self Edge / Iron Heart UK website really helps keep the cold outside and warmth inside. Surprisingly, the jacket is also lightweight. The fit is great because the interior of the sleeves/body hugs close to the skin, maximizing insulation. I'd say with a thermal on plus the Iron Heart Down Jacket...you're ready for your winter adventure.