Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Don't know how I missed it but SE has a couple windbreakers in stock. I thought they were sold out in my size. I'm usually between a medium and a large in most brands. Do you think the medium would fit alright? I've got about a 40-41" chest. 6'1" 185lbs. Wish I could order some 634s' with it too but they sold out in my size in like a day and I've been waiting for the restock for a month now.

Don't know how I missed it but SE has a couple windbreakers in stock. I thought they were sold out in my size. I'm usually between a medium and a large in most brands. Do you think the medium would fit alright? I've got about a 40-41" chest. 6'1" 185lbs. Wish I could order some 634s' with it too but they sold out in my size in like a day and I've been waiting for the restock for a month now.

If you're in between two sizes on the windbreaker definitely go for the smaller size, so go for the Medium.

We've got my favorite color (gray) in a medium still..

Pics don't work...

Could you please report on the stretching/shrinkage you experienced from wearing/washing?

32 IH Super Black Straight Leg

Originally when I purchased them i just wore them for 4 months about 3 days a week barbacking/ bartending without a wash. Threw them in the freezer for 12 hours one night to relieve the smell of liquor. I Finally soaked and washed them in warm water after about 4.5 months. Repeated that process again. And have now been wearing them 4 days a week at work for the past 3 months without a wash. Summer necessitates more frequent washing. I just finished Soaking them in warm water wand washing and a half tumble dry. Had to clean them up for tonight http://sanfrancisco.going.com/fernetbbo.

Just measured the waist and they are currently at a 33...

Hope this helps. I also relinked the pictures.

If you're in between two sizes on the windbreaker definitely go for the smaller size, so go for the Medium.

We've got my favorite color (gray) in a medium still..

Yea I could have sworn you were out but I just checked for the hell of it and knew I was going to get it once I made sure the size would be good. It would look awesome with some super blacks but I don't think I have the balls to be able to handle them lol.

IH 9301, size 31. True waist 32.

img0492kq.jpgimg0494j.jpgimg0489al.jpg

I like the fit now, but I'm a little worried about the top block stretching out. The waist and thighs are comfortable right now, so I'm hoping that they won't stretch much. I think I could squeeze into a 30, but the denim would probably break me; this shit is serious.

I was looking for the ultimate pair of black jeans. These really caught my eye when they first came out, but I didn't think I needed a pair of black denim at the time. When I saw the BiG Black Knights, I started thinking that a pair of blacks would be nice... but I decided that I wanted my black jeans to stay black, rather than fade to grey. Other than the KMW Context 1980's, the IH were the only pair of blacks I knew of with the black warp/weft.

Now having tried the 9301, I'd have to say that the armorlike denim, black adornments, and slim silhouette combine to make the ultimate pair of black jeans, indeed. Thanks to SE and IH for making these happen, and Andrew and the SENY crew for hooking me up.

yup, to get the starch,glue,and parafin wax out. upon purchase jeans are pretty much saturated with various chemicals that under real consideration i hope no one wants in constant contact with their skin for months on end.the skin is the body's largest organ, and is very prone to absorbing toxins. zimbabwe cotton is mad soft, so it requires quite a bit of stiffening agents to be able to be handled/sewn. personally i always recommend about 3 hot soaks regardless, or even better i hot pre-wear hand wash with soap, to get all the nasties out. :eek:

uh oh. my poor legs..

PeterParker,

Definitely don't size down. As I have a pair of 32's that I have been wearing for almost a year, the material is unforgiving and possibly harmful if too tight. Anyways, I think they look good and I agree that they are the perfect black jean! Enjoy, and keep us updated with your progress on those bad boys.

IH 9301, size 31. True waist 32.

img0492kq.jpgimg0494j.jpgimg0489al.jpg

I like the fit now, but I'm a little worried about the top block stretching out. The waist and thighs are comfortable right now, so I'm hoping that they won't stretch much. I think I could squeeze into a 30, but the denim would probably break me; this shit is serious.

I was looking for the ultimate pair of black jeans. These really caught my eye when they first came out, but I didn't think I needed a pair of black denim at the time. When I saw the BiG Black Knights, I started thinking that a pair of blacks would be nice... but I decided that I wanted my black jeans to stay black, rather than fade to grey. Other than the KMW Context 1980's, the IH were the only pair of blacks I knew of with the black warp/weft.

Now having tried the 9301, I'd have to say that the armorlike denim, black adornments, and slim silhouette combine to make the ultimate pair of black jeans, indeed. Thanks to SE and IH for making these happen, and Andrew and the SENY crew for hooking me up.

your fit looks identical to mine. you'll love it.

I don't have the black duffel, but I have the blue selvedge messenger bag and I love it. Been using it nearly every day for almost a month now, very sturdy and well built

I have been thinking about both. Can't decide on which size of the duffel though. Have the largest and the smallest of the North Face duffel bags and am thinking about one of the middle sizes. Is there a pocket along the back? Possibly big enough for a 12" laptop? Also, how is the fading/ wear going? Can you throw some pictures up for us?

No pocket along the back...the main compartment is huge though...I'm sure I could fit my ThinkPad in there

There's two small pockets inside, one on top of the other

There is little/no fading...the slightest bit of color loss has been on the bottom corners...typical of the IH blue selvedge denim...it's only been a month